We want to show off your showcase at SCALE 12x (2014)
Star 
What this is

XBMC will again have a booth at the Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo (SCALE - https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale12x ) this year in late February. We show off XBMC and talk to tons of people about all the different things XBMC can do, answer questions, preview new features, and more. One of the things I would love to show off is more user setups.

We have an 8' x 10' booth with an 8' tall wall (so the back wall is 10 x 8 feet) with a black drape. Except for a sign that says "XBMC", there isn't much we have on this wall, so I'd love to put up pictures of people's setups on there, or perhaps in a photo binder on a table, etc.

What is needed
  1. Choose one main photo of your setup that you really like and gives a good over-all view of what is involved. Mention the URL for that picture.
  2. Choose 3 or 4 additional photos that you would like to include, if we have space to show them (depending on how this is all laid out).
  3. Give us details of your setup, like OS, skin, TV/audio equipment used, HTPC specs, special notes about lighting, etc. The more details the better.
  4. Mention a link, such as a showcase thread here, for people who would like to get more info on your setup. We'll probably encode the URL as a QR code so that people can easily record with their phone where to look this info up.
  5. Your name/handle so we can give you credit. Optionally, tell us where you are in the world.
  6. If you happen to have a video of your setup, mention that URL as well. I'm thinking of having something like a laptop on a loop showing off XBMC setups and skins (maybe), so if there's enough videos, that might be an option.

I'll try to get some of this from the existing threads, but if these points could be summarized here, that would help me out a lot. It also helps to get your "best of the best" photo, since some of your setups have a lot of photos to choose from. Even if you don't have a showcase thread here, or if you don't think there's much to show about your setup, we'd still love to just show various examples of how people use XBMC.

Feel free to ask any questions, give suggestions, and answer the above bullet points, in this thread.
I have plenty of pictures of some mini-ITX barebones PCs that can be used for XBMC Smile.

Seriously though, are you looking for pictures of hardware setups? Screenshots? All of the above?
Mostly of people's over-all setup, so HTPC + TV + room, but I'll take whatever looks awesome.
@ned Scott,

My setup should have a place of its own, titled:
Quote:THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER...EVER DO...If you have any sense at all
Honestly, if you have XBMC set up and fully working yet, you should totally get a place, to show just how crazy one can go with this.
(2014-01-31, 23:05)DrDaxxy Wrote: Honestly, if you have XBMC set up and fully working yet, you should totally get a place, to show just how crazy one can go with this.

I'm sorry, but I can't fit this into my carry-on luggage: http://bilder.hifi-forum.de/max/38861/im...290226.jpg

The point is to show off cool setups that other people have done. We can obviously show off XBMC itself, but seeing how various other people put the whole thing together, living room and couch and all, is something else.
Nah, I meant pictures of jacintech.fire's rig. I mean HAVE YOU SEEN IT?

I'd participate if I had anything noteworthy. Mine's just a regular tower (though with a lot of HDDs in it) connected to a TV.

Have you considered taking a Pi? Or even an ATV or perhaps some Android device? Could make for a neat live demo, and showing off how little is actually required to run XBMC these days.

(offtopic side note: I've seen Zotac show off one of their barebones running XBMC at a large trade fair a few years ago, in case they haven't told you guys)
Aaaah, I see now. Sorry for the confusion :)

But yes, we are planning on having various low power devices, and the Raspberry Pi is often a crowd pleaser for sure. We'll have a big screen TV at our booth this year as well, and garbear will be with us to show off some retroplayer stuff.
Garbear will yet again turn out to be a huge crowd pleaser - the only thing needed is to show the rewind function over and over again. Smile
Looks like this starts today, hopefully you got pics to share, but now its your turn, link up your booth pics and report back how it went!

I'd put your screenshots INTO your xbmc demo, so that when its idle it just starts showing other peoples setups

Good Luck with it all though!
(2014-02-21, 19:05)00b5 Wrote: Looks like this starts today, hopefully you got pics to share, but now its your turn, link up your booth pics and report back how it went!

I'd put your screenshots INTO your xbmc demo, so that when its idle it just starts showing other peoples setups

Good Luck with it all though!

The actual expo where people can see our booth starts in about 10 hours from now, and today was just setup.

I made a few mock versions to print out, but then my home printer freaked out and I wanted to limit what I was getting printed at the print place (though it turned out they had very inexpensive color prints). However, this is a great idea, and I might do that on one of the demo units, as I really want to show off some of these cool setups. Thanks!
Here's our showcase :)

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A1JtdOXmJtIOp7
good work. looks like you guys are having fun too!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
We want to show off your showcase at SCALE 12x (2014)0