• 18(current)
Bay Trail-D motherboards
Which one would that be? :-)

Celeron 1820T with some H81 Board?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://geizhals.de/intel-celeron-g1820-b...95560.html
http://geizhals.de/?cmp=992311&cmp=99281...388#xf_top
| myHTPC |
Nice - I guessed right ;-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If you would take the H81T Asus + the Celeron 1820T (35TDP) it would nicely fit into the AKASA Euler case.
Just ordered the Q1900-ITX myself. Could not force myself to wait for the DC version, lol. Another bonus for the Q1900-ITX that it has a s/pdif out, unlike the DC version. Anyway, are there any owners of this mobo and is there anything that I should know beforehand? I want to run linux on it with with XBMC for multimedia purposes and few other services such as rtorrent. IMHO it should work nicely.
(2014-05-09, 17:46)fritsch Wrote: If you would take the H81T Asus + the Celeron 1820T (35TDP) it would nicely fit into the AKASA Euler case.

Yes, if you don't need an PCIe for TV Card, would be a nice Setup, and you could make
you an T CPU yourself in the BIOS with a nonT Celeron.
The Asus don't need an Pico, cause it have an 19V Onboard.

Also an silent option without passive cooling: http://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-411096
| myHTPC |
Amazon has the quad-core J1900 ECS motherboard for $74: http://www.amazon.com/ECS-Elitegroup-J19...00JST5612/
(2014-05-09, 17:50)lewzer Wrote: Just ordered the Q1900-ITX myself. Could not force myself to wait for the DC version, lol. Another bonus for the Q1900-ITX that it has a s/pdif out, unlike the DC version. Anyway, are there any owners of this mobo and is there anything that I should know beforehand? I want to run linux on it with with XBMC for multimedia purposes and few other services such as rtorrent. IMHO it should work nicely.

I am writing this message right now from it Big Grin
I'm also running Linux and XBMC and so far I haven't found any problems. I haven't tried UEFI since I just mirrored the harddrive from my Gigabyte J1800-D2H build and I had problems with UEFI there, but Legacy mode works perfectly and I couldn't care less about boot times, since my build is running 24/7 anyway.
Can you compare the performance with the benchmark set, I posted some pages back? Would be nice to see if Yadif deinterlacing is possible. On the GPU I don't have much hope concerning Lanczos 3 Optimized.
(2014-05-10, 12:10)fritsch Wrote: Can you compare the performance with the benchmark set, I posted some pages back? Would be nice to see if Yadif deinterlacing is possible. On the GPU I don't have much hope concerning Lanczos 3 Optimized.

It's only slightly better. Around 30 fps.
But the whole system feels much snappier. Will run some generic benchmarks when I have time for it.
Okay. More reasons to get VPP fixed and having MADI/MACI on the GPU itself.
Just to re-cap.. Can any of those mobos support DTS-HD via HDMI?
Hope so.. otherwise I will have to go AMD way..
Thanks.
Baytrails with HDMI out can do dts-hd / truehd via HDMI - at least they do this on linux.
(2014-05-12, 17:18)fritsch Wrote: Baytrails with HDMI out can do dts-hd / truehd via HDMI - at least they do this on linux.

Thank you very much ..
I use Linux so that was some great news
(2014-05-12, 17:18)fritsch Wrote: Baytrails with HDMI out can do dts-hd / truehd via HDMI - at least they do this on linux.

My Q1900B-ITX on Windows currently does not on the same HT system that my Llano system does -- has me wondering if there's a driver issue on Win 7 x64 with HD audio bitstreaming. I haven't had any time to do more digging.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bay Trail-D motherboards8