PVR related
Post PVR related code suggestions, questions, pull requests, mods... here.

EDIT:
DVBlink PVR add-on record and delete timer files for amber (DeleteTimer.xml and RecordPrefs.xml)
https://forum.dvblogic.com/download/file.php?id=6200

for PVR.WMC
https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.ambe...eTimer.xml
https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.ambe...dPrefs.xml
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hey pecinko here is a link to my entire View_PVR code. Thanks again.
https://github.com/R-OG/skin.amber/blob/...ew_PVR.xml

------------------------------------
(2014-01-30, 23:17)r.og Wrote: Hey guys i am a noob when it comes to skinning but i decided to change the epg timeline to better fit my needs. Problem is I can't seem to keep the channel logo visible when the selected row has focus. Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong? Also how can i make the grid less transperent? Thanks.

You are missing logo image in focusedchannelllayout. Just copy that image logo control from channellayout.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-01-31, 00:52)pecinko Wrote: You are missing logo image in focusedchannelllayout. Just copy that image logo control from channellayout.

Thanks a bunch, that fixed it. Any tips on making the timeline less transparent.
(2014-01-31, 10:44)Swifty Wrote: To save any duplication of work, here is a screenshot of what I've been doing.. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184774

Unfortunately in that screenshot the channel I have selected doesn't actually have any logo set, but for the others, the logo is placed in the void to the left side of the program description.

Edit: Oh actually, I see from your github that it's actually a fork of the stuff I've done - for a moment, I thought we had been separately working on an identical design Smile

Edit 2: BTW what do you guys think.. the full height EPG or trimmed down in height to be more 'Amber' like in my screenshot?
I previously played with the full height one, but the smaller seemed more consistent with the other Amber views so I settled on that, still can't 100% make my mind up on that one though..

I would probably go for a full screen one. Smaller is consistent to what we have in libraries but here we don't have fan art and fullscreen EPG seems more practical to me?

(2014-01-31, 02:12)r.og Wrote:
(2014-01-31, 00:52)pecinko Wrote: You are missing logo image in focusedchannelllayout. Just copy that image logo control from channellayout.

Thanks a bunch, that fixed it. Any tips on making the timeline less transparent.

I propose you and Swifty take care of other things, I can take care of background and/or transparency when I merge your improvements.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Yeah I think I agree with the fullscreen EPG - just didn't want to lose 'the look' of Amber Smile
I'll revert to fullscreen tonight.

There are a bunch of little tweaks I have in mind still to do, once those are done I'll do a PR.
(2014-01-31, 16:17)Swifty Wrote: Yeah I think I agree with the fullscreen EPG - just didn't want to lose 'the look' of Amber Smile

There are a bunch of little tweaks I have in mind still to do, once those are done I'll do a PR.

Hey Swifty, i was actually inspired by your work on the PVR but my wife prefers the fullscreen EPG found in other skins. I'm looking forward to see what you have been working on.
(2014-01-31, 16:17)Swifty Wrote: Yeah I think I agree with the fullscreen EPG - just didn't want to lose 'the look' of Amber Smile

I propose making pr when you're happy with EPG. We can do another after that.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Ok, it took me a while but I think I've got my github straight now, I have made a few branches for the stuff I've been working on and have submitted a PR for the timeline view.
I think it took me longer to figure out how to use github than to actually make the changes :p
New PR just been submitted for some channel list changes, it adds progress indicators, logos and some tweaks and height adjustments to bring inline with the timeline view.

Looks like this;

First thank you for a great light skin that works great in Pi. I want to know is it possible when you click on the live tv in the main menu to go straight in tv channels list without the side view popup. Everytime I go in I keep press the down arrow and I get transferred to radio channels.

If that can be disabled that will be great. I am willing to edit the skin files if I can be instructed what lines of code to change.

Another issue that I have noticed I have enabled automatic channel information displayed 5 seconds, automatically hide channel information is enabled start playback minimised is off the first time I go to channel list and select the channel the channel starts fullscreen and I have no channel information overlay and on the second time I go to live tv the channel list overlay doesn't disappear after 5 seconds.

The skin version is 1.5.8 using latest gotham nightly

I've already got a fix for the first issue, as it bugs me too.. just need to put in a PR for it.
Hey Swifty, i found having two channel logos in the EPG somewhat redundant so i replaced the lower logo with a video window. I also added the video window to the other PVR menus. The video windows also have the title of the currently playing video at the top of the window, the title scrolls if the windows if too small to accommodate it. Maybe you can add this as an option just like you did with the logos if you are interested.

Hi R.og that is a great mod are you able to share it ?.

It would be interesting to see how the pi handles it. The original amber skin runs great on the pi.

Thanks
(2014-02-24, 05:46)denz Wrote: Hi R.og that is a great mod are you able to share it ?.

It would be interesting to see how the pi handles it. The original amber skin runs great on the pi.

Thanks

You can find my changes here. I have yet to try it out on my pi but it should work fine. I have not worked on it in a while so let me know if you notice anything that need to be fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR related0