smb to windows 8
I'm trying to set up smb between my android box and my windows 8 pc. It worked fine on windows 7 but now i cannot get past the username password screen.
I'm able to see the pc but thats as far as i get. As soon as i select the pc name it asks for the username/password.
I've tried all different combos but nothing lets me past that screen. My files are all shared but i'm having no joy.

\help Confused
Create an XBMC user account in windows control panel\user then give the XBMC user account full permissions over the folder by using advanced sharing, permissions, add user type XBMC then hit check name, tick the box for full control.

Now try logging it with the XBMC user account from the Android box and see if it works.
It keeps asking me for username and password and when i enter them it goes no further.
If not mistaken, you have to enable the "guest" account to even be able to see the shares...
I've done that but i just can't get past username/password. So frustrating because i can see the folders i've shared.
Go to the security settings of the folder and give read access to Everyone. That may help you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
smb to windows 80