AAC has no video
Hi,

I'm new on this forum, and I registered because i have a problem with playing AAC files. The Audio is played correctly, only the video isn't played at all.
I work with 12.3 frodo.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
AAC streams are audio only. Or are you talking about video files with an AAC audio stream? Also please specify your platform (linux, win, osx, android, ios, rpi, ...).
My platform is Windows 7. And yes when the AAC codecs are used, the sound is there but the video feed is not. And when i press ESC button to go back to the menu then i do have video. I just don't get it..
(2014-01-31, 15:52)Tuledon Wrote: My platform is Windows 7. And yes when the AAC codecs are used, the sound is there but the video feed is not. And when i press ESC button to go back to the menu then i do have video. I just don't get it..
Have you try to disable AAC capable receiver in audio setting?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I followed the instruction like you said and the video feed is still not there. I'm thinking more about a video codec, but i dont know where i can see the video codec it uses at the moment of playing. MP3 files are no problem but as soon as it says AAC there is no video feed. Is there a link to a certain MP4 of AVI or MPEG when playing with AAC codecs? Maybe I need to update that specific codec...
XBMC use it own internal codecs, and no other codec is required. If you haven't update the latest GPU driver, you might want to visit these links. I don't know what GPU you have so I listed all major GPU's driver links-

-Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products
-Intel Automatically identify and find drivers
-AMD Driver Autodetect
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
My 1st thought is that it's a refresh rate problem, so do you have the "Adjust refresh rate to match video" enabled in your Video -> Playback settings? if so what could be happening is that when entering full screen playback the refresh rate is changing to something like 24Hz which your display doesn't support properly, then when go back to menu view with video in the small window it switches back to something like 60Hz hence everything is ok.

So if "Adjust refresh rate to match video" enabled then set it to be disabled instead and see if that makes a difference.

A debug log should also show what's going on, see log_file (wiki)

Also moving this to the correct forum area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AAC has no video0