No sound through advanced launcher
I am a complete noob so laymans terms is needed.
I have gotten project64 and snes9x to work properly and launch to full screen from xbmc. My problem is that there is no audio being played. The audio works fine when the programs are opened outside xbmc but not when opened from within. After searching I saw that this had to do with the audio not passing through and the threads I came across did not help me because I could not understand what they were getting at. I am using windows and my tv gets sound through the HDMI. My video output is on analog 2.0 stereo.
Have you try this?
  • Audio set to DirecSound
  • Video set to True Fullscreen
  • and Advanced Launcher "Toggle XBMC into Windowed Mode" option set to OFF.
Source : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1324197
Yes i tried this and with the "Toggle XBMC into windowed mode" ON it actually worked for the N64 but with it off i get:
Direct3D failed to initialize
Error code: 88760868
D3DERR_DEVICELOST
then it says the default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.
and to check to see if I have atleast one compatibe plugin file in my plugin folder.
This is for Project64 btw

And with the mentioned setting when I open snes9x emulator the game now plays sound and works!
Okay the SNES emulator actually does not work anymore... This is weird
Hello... any help?
Also, to fully use Advanced Launcher under Windows operating system, you will need to activate the Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen option that is present into XBMC system settings. It may fix the "Direct3D failed to initialize" error.
Okay I'll try this. How to fix the sound?
(2014-02-08, 06:32)svig4 Wrote: Okay I'll try this. How to fix the sound?
Try to disable navigation sounds into XBMC.
Can you explain how to do that?
XBMC Menu > System > System > Audio Output > Play GUI sounds > Never.
Thank you. It works and if I have any problems I'll just post again in here.
The problem is that XBMC only release sound after around 10 seconds. That's mean that started applications can play sound only after 10 second XBMC have stopped to play some. In most of the case, when the application cannot play sound at launch... the sound id disabled. Knowing that you only have 2 solutions to bypass this problem :
  • Add a delay up to 10 seconds before starting the application. You can do this into Advanced Launcher settings > Miscellaneous > Delay > an put it a more than 10000 ms.
  • Disable XBMC navigation sound. In most of the case, it will take you more 10 seconds before start an application with Advanced Launcher after closing a movie, video or music into XBMC.
(2014-02-08, 22:33)Angelscry Wrote: The problem is that XBMC only release sound after around 10 seconds. That's mean that started applications can play sound only after 10 second XBMC have stopped to play some. In most of the case, when the application cannot play sound at launch... the sound id disabled. Knowing that you only have 2 solutions to bypass this problem :

• Add a delay up to 10 seconds before starting the application. You can do this into Advanced Launcher settings > Miscellaneous > Delay > an put it a more than 10000 ms.
  • Disable XBMC navigation sound. In most of the case, it will take you more 10 seconds before start an application with Advanced Launcher after closing a movie, video or music into XBMC.

I have tried everthing but I have no sound. Direct sound cannot be choosen because its grey and fixed to HDMI. Do you have another idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound through advanced launcher0