Release 3D Enabler Samsung TV
Lightbulb 
You have a Samsung TV that is 3D enabled, but your XBMC cannot switch your TV into 3D mode when you start watching your favorite 3D Movie?
You keep pressing that 3D button on your Samsung TV remote to switch your TV manually into 3D mode?
Suffer no more!

This XBMC addon will switch your Samsung 3DTV automatically to 3DTAB or 3DSBS mode and back when you start watching your favorite 3D Movie in XBMC!
Your TV should be connected to your LAN. If your TV has a 3D button on the remote and you can control it from iPhone/Android application - it will most probably work for you!

Key Features:
  1. Automatically switches TV to 3D Stereoscopic mode once you start playing 3D Movie in XBMC
  2. Samsung TV discovery - finds your TV IP automatically

Pros:
  1. Your signal continues to be 60p+ versus 24p
  2. No XBMC performance degradation due to lower fps caused by low FPS or downsampling
  3. No need to press 3D button multiple times manually every time you watch 3D movie

Cons:
  1. Comparing to regular 3D mode switch - you can see 3D mode switch menu on your TV during a switch like when you manually press 3D button on your remote

Requirements:
  1. Samsung 3DTV connected to LAN
  2. XBMC 13 Gotham (builds since alpha 10)
  3. Kodi v19 Matrix (version 2.0.0)

Download:
  1. Github: https://github.com/PavelKuzub/service.3d....samsungtv

Special Thanks to:
  1. sc0ty for Samsung TV network remote control protocol
  2. pjnewman for Samsung Wireless Remote Control/iPhone Protocol Decoded
  3. Asif Iqbal for Samsung TV Remote Control over LAN/WLAN using Python
  4. Samsung Forum for Device Discovery, Authentication, and Pairing
  5. dankrause for ssdp discovery

Looking for beta testers and any feedback. Thank you
Well done, I'll have to study your code and adapt to LG. (I assume you have an open source licence?)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The struture Addon is incorrect (tested with Gotham Alpha 12).
When I manually install my samsung tv is not recognized

My tv : UE46F7000
This works perfect on my UE46F8000, save me messing about with the remote. Cheers Smile
(2014-02-09, 09:42)numa001 Wrote: The struture Addon is incorrect (tested with Gotham Alpha 12).
When I manually install my samsung tv is not recognized

My tv : UE46F7000
Try posting what a debug log says, how the hell do you expect anyone to debug your problem on that level of info?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Can this also configure 'Checkerboard'? Using a UN55C8000. The key presses would be:
3D/Enter/Left/Left/Enter.

EDIT
Starting to figure this out.

This works for me:
Side by Side using dvdplayer
3D,P1000,ENTER,P3000,RIGHT,P2000,EXIT
Over/Under using dvdplayer
3D,P1000,ENTER,P3000,LEFT,P2000,EXIT
Back to none sequence leave blank.

Trying for 3D iso with external player.
It appears this addon will only activate when the XBMC window for 'This video is stereoscopic. Select playback' is used.
When using an external player, this window is skipped.
Any way this could activate when external player is used? .bat or playercorefactory.xml line to call this add-on maybe?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hello team,

I have commited version 0.1.1:
- Added SSDP discovery mode selection. Now if default mode is looking for any Samsung Remote Controlled devices. If you have anything else on the network from Samsung that is not a TV - you can change discovery to Samsung Multi Screen that suppose to be a service that only TV has. If TV is not detected at all - there is an option to list All devices that are discovered by SSDP.
- Changed addon structure in Github. Now the ZIP file from Github can be used to install plugin in XBMC

Thank you nickr!

Hello numa001,

I have added ability to select SSDP discovery mode in the settings. Try selecting "All" under "SSDP discover devices" and once the list of devices appears - select your TV. If your TV is not on the list - ensure it is turned ON and on your network.
If this does not help - please enable debug logging and send me your xbmc.log after you tried to discover your TV.

Hello smiffy1989,

Thank you for confirming it works on F series! as I started to doubt the SSDP string I used is compatible with it. Happy this is helpful to someone besides me

Hello brazen1,

Thank you for commenting on the sequence for C series. If you are leaving Back to None sequence as blank - does it switch 3D back to 2D?
If you can help me tweaking the timings - I am considering putting different sequences into addon. I can put different sequences per detected TV series. Please ensure timings are long enough for TV to pick key presses all the time, but not too long, so that you don't have to wait too much for no reason.

As of external player - I will take a look, however XBMC probably leave the stereoscopic mode detection to external player.
TODO: Enable external trigger to change stereoscopic mode
Meanwhile, you can use keymap to assign any key to open Stereoscopic Modes list and select required 3D mode of XBMC (and thus TV) before you start 3D movie in external player.

Keymap documentation:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap

XBMC/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<f1>stereomode</f1>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

XBMC/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml:
<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<blue>stereomode</blue>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>
Yes, a blank back to none reverts the panels mode back to 2D for the C series. If left at default, when exiting the title I was presented with the equivalent of a '3D' button press. (The OK or CANCEL) selection to enable 3D. As if it exited 3D mode, returned to 2D, and pressed 3D again.

I will trim the timings if possible. Appeared I needed to increase because "ENTER" command and scroll command(s) did not initiate until I increased the pause.
Scroll Left did nothing last I tried and I tried because there are fewer clicks needed for some modes. The 8000 and the 7000 series only have 2D->3D, SBS, and O/U 3D modes. But, if you rename HDMI/DVI input to PC, about 5 new 3D modes are added to the options..... one of them being checkerboard. This is the only way to render 3DBDMV.iso titles using an external player. Thus, the need to trigger your add-on with an option for existing external player .bat and/or playercorefactory.xml.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724

No need for the keymapping as I'm using a Harmony 900 and have shortcuts programmed. With the aid of this add-on I will eliminate those shortcuts and 6 manual key presses. What would be phenomenal is if the panels input could change from HDMI 4 to HDMI/PC when 3D is selected since the PC input is only used for 3D and the 4 input is for 2D.

My Panel could not be discovered until I entered the ip manually and it's Ethernet. I should add, before trying manual, I installed Bonjour, enabled zero conf, opened 80 and 8080 and still no luck so entered it manually and it worked. Now I can trim those settings one by one and see which if any is really needed.

If you could add another input selection for 'Checkerboard', all 4 popular modes will be covered. The default three 3D modes as it is now and an additional one for the advanced mode. I have titles that use O/U, SBS, and Checkerboard so another selection is needed especially if an external player and this can coexist.

I gave you a rep point because this code rocks.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
hi, first let me thanks you for tthis addon.

i have a samsung c750 and using xbmc 12.2 on rpi ( raspbmc), when i try to install, it gives me an error of missing dependecies.

thanks

PS: here is the log file

10:12:43 T:2645554240 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:12:43 T:2645554240 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
10:12:45 T:2551157824 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
10:12:45 T:2551157824 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:12:53 T:3040751616 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:12:53 T:3040751616 ERROR: Error: Requested setting (videoscreen.screen) was not found. It must be case-sensitive
10:13:02 T:2551157824 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
10:13:02 T:2551157824 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:13:12 T:3040751616 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /home/pi/service.3denabler.samsungtv-master.zip/icon.png
(2014-02-10, 12:17)xventil Wrote: hi, first let me thanks you for tthis addon.

i have a samsung c750 and using xbmc 12.2 on rpi ( raspbmc), when i try to install, it gives me an error of missing dependecies.

thanks

10:12:43 T:2645554240 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:12:45 T:2551157824 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:12:53 T:3040751616 ERROR: Error: Requested setting (videoscreen.screen) was not found. It must be case-sensitive
10:13:02 T:2551157824 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:13:12 T:3040751616 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /home/pi/service.3denabler.samsungtv-master.zip/icon.png

It's only for Gotham. see first message
(2014-02-10, 15:26)giftie Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 12:17)xventil Wrote: hi, first let me thanks you for tthis addon.

thanks

It's only for Gotham. see first message

hum.. ok, thank you, i will have to wait a while then... i have no love for gotham.. at least not yet Smile

thanks again.
C series updated timings:
SBS - 3D,P1000,ENTER,P3000,RIGHT,P2000,EXIT
O/U - 3D,P1000,ENTER,P3000,LEFT,P2000,EXIT

0.1.1 zip now installs within XBMC.

Removed:
zeroconf
closed port 80
closed port 8080
uninstalled all Bonjour

Since my panel is already discovered, I don't know if this affects a fresh install discovery?
I think a simple manual ip input is all that's needed if auto didn't discover.

Nice Addon !!! Thanks.
I only have a small problem when i start it.

Setup:
Samsung UE55F6400
Rpi with the millhouse 17714

The TV remenders the latest 3d mode.

OU is oke : 3D,P4000,RIGHT,P1200,RIGHT,P1200,EXIT ( it ends up onthe right side en start 3D mode.

SBS don`t work good: 3D,P4000,RIGHT,P1200,EXIT ( it was already in the middle and then force right en start 3D mode, so it start OU.

Stop 3D mode, work fine on SBS and OU.

I try :
3D,P4000,RIGHT,P1200,LEFT,1200,EXIT
But that dont work.

Because almost all de 3D movies i have are SBS
I now use for SBS : 3D,P4000,EXIT

If you have a better way to do things, i really like to know.

Sorry for my bad English
Hello brazen1,

I was not aware of "Checkerboard" mode - thanks for a hint! I changed the type to PC and I can see extra modes now as well.
On ES series these extra modes are all on the right side after SBS and OU, so entering into SBS and OU was ok by default, However, switching between SBS and OU was not as the timings were too tight. I had to change Back to None sequence from 3D,P1200 to 3D,P2000 to make it work with those extra modes on the list. TV is processing a bit longer when it has more modes on the list - I bet it tries to analyze the video source to be one of the 3D modes, so the more modes available - the more processing time.
Thank you for giving the sequence for C series.
TODO: introduce TV series detection and assigning different defaults for different detected models.
As of your blank None sequence - I have a feeling you are using the addon in conjunction with adjusting screen refresh rate change (the way how XBMC is attempting to change the mode). I believe when XBMC change the screen refresh mode from p24 back to p60 - it throws out TV from 3D mode, so when addon press 3D button to enter 2D mode - it actually enters 3D - what you are experiencing.
TODO: add a check if screen refresh rate adjustment is enabled in XBMC

Hello xventil,

Hope you could resolve your issues upgrading to Gotham as this addon depends on 3D functionality of XBMC that got introduced in Gotham.

Thanks giftie

Hello nono123,

It sounds like when 3D button is pressed - your TV detects that the source is SBS and enables it by default.
Do you have "Screen to black during switch" enabled? If no - enable it. If yes - what is your current Skin?
One of the reasons why I added black screen during the switch (apart from the obvious better for eyes) is that black screen prevents TV to detect stereoscopic mode, so that 3D menu starts from it's default position - converting 2D to 3D. If TV detects the 3D source - then default position is different and the whole sequence is messed up.
If your TV is reliably detects the 3D mode - then you can disable black screen and change the sequences to just press 3D button and then exit.
I don't use 3D detection by TV as some movies start with black scene and TV fails to detect if that is SBS or OU source and propose to convert 2D to 3D. If you resume same movie from N minute when the scene can be clearly identified as being SBS or OU - TV is proposing proper 3D mode after pressing 3D right away. I have found this not reliable, so I attempt to prevent 3D detection and select the mode in menu manually.
pavel.kuzub:

Correct, timings need to be increased when more 3D options are added after renaming input. You will find the values in my post above for C. These new options are added to the right on the C series as well. I tightened them as much as possible for the C series and notice they needed to be increased for your E also. Will probably hold true for other series as well.

Yes, blank back to none because match refresh rate to video is enabled and panel switching drops the exit 3D. If it's not enabled a value for back to none must be entered.

Great add-on so far and really hoping you can trigger this external!!!!! You do understand XBMC player cannot render native 3D Blu-rays in .iso at all and 2D media loses file structure like menu thus why we have no choice but to use an external player that can. Backing up in .iso preserves Blu-ray file structure and allows virtual mounting to external player like TMT or PDVD. Certainly XBMC player can render in different container like .mkv but all file structure is lost and the 'Bling' that's included on a full rip. This as well as other benefits using an external player XBMC player does not have. Lastly, checkerboard vs. O/U or SBS is superior to my eye. In my opinion, an add-on like this is most beneficial for an external player environment via XBMC because anything else is substandard and/or impossible with current XBMC code and to my knowledge nothing is planned. Thank you for your time and effort. I hope you continue to explore this. I will always be available for testing on C series.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Enabler Samsung TV5