Android XBMC Hub
I have xbmchub on one of my MX box's and i would like to dump it and install xbmc. XBMCHUB is loaded with to
much garbage for me.

On the xbmchub site they state once you have xbmchub installed on your box you cannot install xbmc .
Is that true ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171518
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Go into Android settings -> Apps -> XBMC -> Reset data
mx is bundle with xbmc if you are using 20131122 or 20130629 version, and why xbmchub there?
if you do not have that file, you can find in the following link
http://www.acemax.net.cn/en/shownews.asp?id=126
(2014-02-04, 03:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Go into Android settings -> Apps -> XBMC -> Reset data

Not to question your reply but I already have one MX box down i can't get working ,so i need to know
if your suggestion is somewhat idiot proof.
(2014-02-04, 02:54)ronie Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171518

Well, a second reading of that post and i still have no answer to my question. I'm curious as to what it was you thought
i might learn?
that it's not our product, we don't encourage anyone to use it
and that you'll have to knock on their doors if you've got problems with it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-02-04, 20:11)wort Wrote:
(2014-02-04, 03:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Go into Android settings -> Apps -> XBMC -> Reset data

Not to question your reply but I already have one MX box down i can't get working ,so i need to know
if your suggestion is somewhat idiot proof.

In theory it should be. Basically it's equivalent to deleting the XBMC and userdata (wiki) settings folders, which will revert XBMC to a completely fresh state. The HUB wizard modifies a few different areas, but that should catch all of them. They don't normally modify the XBMC APK itself, unless it's the old "XAF" version. At least the last time I checked.
(2014-02-04, 04:17)kentiger Wrote: mx is bundle with xbmc if you are using 20131122 or 20130629 version, and why xbmchub there?
if you do not have that file, you can find in the following link
http://www.acemax.net.cn/en/shownews.asp?id=126

I have ver. 20130502 and it is XBMC and the Hub combined.
acemax recommends not using what is on their site unless you have one of their box's,which i do
not think i have.

Are you using a mx android tv box ?
Ah, so the box vender is the one who has pre-installed hub. In that case, uninstall their version and either find an AMLogic-enabled XBMC v12 build, or use one of our nightly builds (wiki).
(2014-02-04, 21:26)ronie Wrote: that it's not our product, we don't encourage anyone to use it

You sir, make no sense what.. so.. ever !

(2014-02-04, 21:26)ronie Wrote: that it's not our product, we don't encourage anyone to use it

You sir, make no sense what.. so.. ever !
(2014-02-04, 22:47)Ned Scott Wrote: Ah, so the box vender is the one who has pre-installed hub. In that case, uninstall their version and either find an AMLogic-enabled XBMC v12 build, or use one of our nightly builds (wiki).

Yes that is correct. I purchased the box assuming it had XBMC loaded on it the same as my first box. Bad move on my part.
Sorry for not being more explicit.

I tried your suggestion, " Android Settings > Apps > XBMC > Reset Data",seems i don't have such an option. So i will backup
what i have on the box to a sd card and then uninstall the existing version.

I will check out the "nightly builds" suggestion and the AMLogic-enabled XBMC v12 build.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Hub0