CinemaVision: Trivia Slides, Introduction Videos and more!
Hi all! Lots going on with the project, and more content coming soon. We've redesigned the website to make it a bit easier to navigate, especially on your HTPC and Mobile devices. Let us know what you think, and what you want to see!
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2014-08-15, 00:10)CinemaVision Wrote: Hi all! Lots going on with the project, and more content coming soon. We've redesigned the website to make it a bit easier to navigate, especially on your HTPC and Mobile devices. Let us know what you think, and what you want to see!

tested on mobile, looks good.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thank you for your efforts! I am new at this but extremely impressed. I am having some issues getting the all the content to load in the standard cinema experience add-on. Once I get it figured out to work consistently I will be a subscriber. Thanks again!
(2014-09-01, 17:35)sixzero Wrote: Thank you for your efforts! I am new at this but extremely impressed. I am having some issues getting the all the content to load in the standard cinema experience add-on. Once I get it figured out to work consistently I will be a subscriber. Thanks again!

We're glad you like it! Let us know if we can help in any way. A good source of information is the Cinema Experience Wiki. We actually helped write it.

In other news, the Quotes set has been updated! We've more than doubled the original slide count, and it now weighs in at 408 slides. This includes the AFI top 100 and quotes from classic cinema including The Wizard of Oz, Frankenstein, Gone With the Wind and more. The next Quotes expansion will raise the count another 200 slides, and cover the years 2000-2014, then we're going to focus on other content.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Well it's been a bit, but we wanted to let you all in on something we've been working on.

It's a whole new theme of slide that we're calling Fusion. We'll be re-releasing all of our current content in this new style, which will be available soon. We've been focusing on something that we think a lot of you will enjoy, and wanted to preview it here for you. We'll be beating the Blu-ray to market, so any of you who want to have a viewing party will have some unique slide content to show before your feature. The very first (and not the last by any stretch) Marvel set that we're releasing: Guardians of the Galaxy.

watch gallery

Right now, we have over 120 slides ready to go, and are working to get the set finished. The set will feature several different types of slides including Multiple Choice, Question & Answer, Quotes and Easter Eggs from the film. Some of these may contain spoilers, so you may want to go through the questions and remove anything you don't want spoiled! As we finish parts of the set, we'll upload example slides to the imgur album above.

Guardians of the Galaxy is now released! We're still working on Easter Eggs, and will add those slides to the set in the near future. We're working on re-branding our videos now, so look for that update soon.

We've just wrapped up the finishing touches on the first video in our new Holiday Cinema Spot set! It's currently available on the CinemaVision website. We hope you enjoy it, and give us your feedback!

As a thank you to the community, we've put together a small Christmas bumper and are releasing it for free to anyone who wants it. Have a happy and safe holiday!

It's available on our website, linked below. As always, if you want us to customize this video for you, just drop us a line.

(2014-08-15, 00:10)CinemaVision Wrote: Hi all! Lots going on with the project, and more content coming soon. We've redesigned the website to make it a bit easier to navigate, especially on your HTPC and Mobile devices. Let us know what you think, and what you want to see!

In noticed that Classic movie trivia would go out of order. Sometimes it would go from a question to a different answer. I ended up having to disable the movie trivia altogether as I found it unusable. This weekend I had a chance to take a closer look at it. I found inside the movie trivia folder that there would be; for instance, a slide named 1234-2_a.jpg, but there wouldn't be a corresponding 1234-2_q.jpg for certain slides. This was the problem. I ended up deleting every slide that didn't have a corresponding question or answer. This fixed it. There are still 1070 slides of 530 trivia questions and I have had zero issues. Movie trivia is back in business at my household. If you would like the fixed folder where all the q and a slides correspond, let me know so I can figure a way to get them to you so they can be redistributed. Thanks for all the great work you have done.
http://www.cinemavision.org site have been down for several days. Any ETA?
(2015-06-03, 22:06)rsaanon Wrote: http://www.cinemavision.org site have been down for several days. Any ETA?

We don't have a hard ETA, but I'm working towards a goal of the beginning of next week. We just finished tweaking SQL and setting up the new domain and community. I'm waiting on the domains to transfer to the new registrar (which should be done in 6 days) but that doesn't have any bearing on the new site, cinemavision.tv, coming up. I'll be uploading all of the current content, and the NEW finished content that I think everyone will enjoy this week. Right now, I'm about 20% done. Once we get it moved, any active subscriptions will be extended by one month for the headache. Thanks for sticking with us and being understanding in all of this.

The down side is, we're on a new platform and there's no support for transferring users in from the old platform we used. Worst case, I'll manually create user accounts as needed and assign subscriptions manually.

Also, one huge announcement... We have a developer for the CinemaVision add-on, and are currently brainstorming ideas and setting milestones for the add-on. Look for that to be released before the end of the year, if we don't hit snags along the way.

We've got the majority of the content uploaded to the new website, forums built, and a few tutorials ready to go. We're working on ironing out a few performance bugs in the new platform. Once that's all working, we'll open up the site and start manually creating all of the accounts for subscribers, so some of you should get emails about that. You will be able to change your usernames if that's something you want to do. Thanks for staying patient!

Any update on the CinemaVision web site?

Thanks
(2015-07-13, 07:17)homester Wrote: Any update on the CinemaVision web site?

Thanks

We're shooting for 8/1 to be fully functional again on the web site. In addition to the content you're all familiar with, we have been working on some new content that we think everyone will love.

Terrific!

Thanks for the prompt reply and I look forward to the new content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Trivia Slides, Introduction Videos and more!1