• 3(current)
OS X Mavericks - No sound after 2 or 3 days (debug log attached)
I'll try the suggestions shortly. In the mean time, this same issue occurs on a slightly new Mac mini in my family room that is connected to an Onkyo TX-NR929 (and the 64" Plasma version of my bedroom Samsung).

Randy
@repstein you have to set your device to "default" ... also the fix which fixed it for 2 other people here is not in mainline yet - i am preparing pull requests to master and gotham branch for those in a min.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-03-08, 01:15)Gigantur Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 14:53)Memphiz Wrote: next round please:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Early results are very good. I cant break it with multiple Tv standby or power-off and even pulling the hdmi cable from the mac mid flight!!

I will keep trying but looks good to me .. Very Cool!

I have good news and bad ..

Good: this test build is much much better - I can't reliably make it fail - e.g. ran all night playing into off TV and then worked fine in the morning

Bad: sadly, I have been able to get the symptoms to recur (rapid combination of standy/off/pause/play/seek) - i can't reduce it to a simple set of steps yet .. I will try again in a few hours and post a debug log either way

UPDATE

I did notice one thing of interest - I suspect a key difference to repstein - when I turn off the TV the sound plays very quietly out the mac speaker (I suspect default does this as the mac sees the drop in hdmi and switches to internal which I guess xbmc uses because of default ..). I am wondering if in some scenarios the sound device disappears for a few msecs which can upset xbmc ..
Setting to default instead of HDMI did not fix it.

Here's my debug: debug

Randy
FYI, I turned on debug, started a movie, looked and sounded fine, paused it, turned off the TV, turned on the TV, unpaused movie, movie had no audio and 1 frame per second video. Exited back to main menu, turned off debug.

Randy
@repstein

Code:
DEBUG: WinSystemOSX: Fullscreen window Window Server obscures XBMC!

Which app is this "Window Server" - it might be a tool which seems invisible - but it uses a fullscreen window which is located on top of XBMC and this leads to the frame rate limiter to kick in and reduce rendering to 5fps. This is not the main problem - but this is a problem anyway.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I'm fairly sure WindowServer is *the* admin level service that renders all screen output in osx.

"WindowServer draws everything you see on the screen. It acts as a mediator between applications that want to draw on the screen and the graphics hardware. When an application wants to draw something, it establishes a connection with WindowServer, tells WindowServer what to draw, and WindowServer handles the drawing / compositing / Quartz Extreme hardware acceleration to finally produce what's seen on the entire screen."
Mhhh interesting ... sounds like a bug in osx that it treats that thing as a real window ... i have to blacklist it ...
(2014-03-10, 04:44)Gigantur Wrote: Bad: sadly, I have been able to get the symptoms to recur (rapid combination of standy/off/pause/play/seek) - i can't reduce it to a simple set of steps yet .. I will try again in a few hours and post a debug log either way

I managed to cause the issue again ..

Debug log attached.

Steps:
Restart XBMC with debug on
about 10 minutes of standby/off/play/pause/vol up/down etc
Problem occurs
Menu out to home screen
Upload debug log

If I could replicate with simple steps I would ..

With this test build, today was the first time in a long time when i had audio when turning devices on since the day before, fingers crossed..
(2014-03-12, 22:00)SpaceMonkey Wrote:

With this test build, today was the first time in a long time when i had audio when turning devices on since the day before, fingers crossed..

Still same issues for me. I'm waiting for his next test build.
@Memphiz

Code:
02:40:42 T:140735238923024   DEBUG: CWinSystemOSX::DisplayReconfigured
02:40:42 T:140735238923024   DEBUG: CWinSystemOSX::CheckDisplayChanging:OnLostDevice
02:40:43 T:140735238923024   DEBUG: CWinSystemOSX::DisplayReconfigured
02:40:43 T:140735238923024   DEBUG: CWinSystemOSX::CheckDisplayChanging:OnLostDevice

We get the event OnLostDevice but never OnResetDevice. Thus AE is stuck in suspend
Broken osx then... There is nothing we can do about when we can't rely on the callbacks of the os Sad
Anyone have a contact at Apple's OS X dev team? Smile
(2014-03-13, 09:32)Memphiz Wrote: Broken osx then... There is nothing we can do about when we can't rely on the callbacks of the os Sad

For Linux we have a fail safe timer. If we don't get a reset within 3 sec, we fire the event.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mavericks - No sound after 2 or 3 days (debug log attached)0