• 4(current)
OS X Mavericks - No sound after 2 or 3 days (debug log attached)
But what if the device is turned Off - then the reset isn't supposed to be fired before the device is switched back on - is it?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You can't dynamically switch XBMC into a headless mode. Rendering can only be interrupted for a short period of time required by switching of refresh rates. If you pull the HDMI cable while video is playing, rendering has to continue. The OS switches to a virtual display in this case.
@repstein - please reproduce your problem with this testbuild. It only adds some debug printouts in the log file - so it won't fix the problem. Its more for getting the idea if there is something wrong on our side:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Post a debug log afterwards please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
@repstein after doing the above - try this build if it fixes/changes the problem:

@Gigantur - please also try this build ...

Debug: Click here

I'll try the last one you posted now.
The last build did not fix the problem either. I'm able to recreate it the same way. Do you need a debug from that one too?

Randy
Always assume they want the debug log :)

Debug log

Randy
@Memphiz DisplayLost sends AE to suspend, DisplayReset is never fired.
Sucks because you shut off the TV for the night and the next day, you have to exit XBMC and restart it. Even switching between sources causes issues.

Randy
@repstein - on your setup something happens which is nowhere documented in the Apple Programmers Reference. I consider it a bug but hope we are able to workaround it. In your case the operating system calls us with flags set to zero when it normally should call us with flags indicating what happened (e.x. monitor was unplugged, monitor was added, monitor was suspended and so on). So basically in your case the operating system tells us "something happened to a monitor - but we don't tell you what it was".

The following testbuild treats a "Something happend" as "We are done with reconfiguring your monitor" which should get your audio engine running again:

As usual please report back with a new debug log (wiki) after testing. Please watchout for regressions by this when using refresh rate adaption if possible.

Thx for your patience.
(2014-03-13, 18:57)Memphiz Wrote: @Gigantur - please also try this build ...

Will do over the weekend - still at work ..
This version did not fix it. I will create and post a debug soon.
Damn shit - i am really curious what happens this time *grrr*
It actually crashed this time on the attempt (when I turned the TV back on) and I was able to reproduce the error on the second attempt, so you should have a nice debug: Debug here
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mavericks - No sound after 2 or 3 days (debug log attached)0