Can I remap my game controller with XBMC?
I have taken to using an XBOX 360 remote to control my HTPC and with a few tweaks, it works brilliantly with just about everything and it eliminates the need for a mouse and keyboard while cutting down on living room clutter.
One of the only things I am having trouble with is the difference between the XBOX controller buttons and their keyboard counterparts. For example, the X button on my 360 controller seems to open context menus and the like in XBMC, much as the C button on the keyboard does, but for some reason it doesn't work on certain items within XBMC and I need to get a keyboard out if I want to access them.
I have tried using JoyToKey to map custom functions to my XBOX remote, but they always just double in XBMC. If I set the X button to emulate C on the keyboard, when I press the X button it's as if C was pressed twice (assuming it was one of the items where the X button works in XBMC). If I map left on the D Pad to left arrow, hitting left actually goes left twice, and so on.
How can I change the functions of the buttons on my XBOX remote to more closely emulate the keyboard commands?
You should be able to simply create your own keymap file, following the wiki. You don't really need to emulate the keyboard, just assign the appropriate controller button number or axis number (both start from 1 not 0) and/or hat to the action you want, either global or for specific windows.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I remap my game controller with XBMC?0