"Close programs to prevent information loss" in Win 8.1
I'm running into a very frustrating problem. My Intel NUC is great, but I'm finding that whenever I turn off my TV and go away for a while, I return to Windows giving me an error, telling me memory is low and to close a bunch of programs (XBMC included). After I click out of the error and open XBMC back up, everything is fine.

I've done a bunch of research and it looks like it's a bug that occurs when you're running full screen apps in 8.1 and then turn off the receiver (my TV in this case). Thread about this is here.

As far as I can tell, no one has a good solution to this problem. Anyone else running into this and have you been able to fix it?
Maybe try keeping your hard drive on. Setting is in control panel, power options, change plan settings, change advanced power settings. Then change the hard disk to turn off at desired time.
Have you tried blocking (taping) Pin 19 of your HDMI cable? This should prevent the PC from recognizing the display being turned off.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1357945
Did you get your issue sorted out?
bump. Has this issue been solved? Experiencing the same thing at its quite annoying as I have to re-start every time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Close programs to prevent information loss" in Win 8.10