Does "02-26-06 T3CH" Build not support Kai setting
im having trouble with kai working with my xbmc...

the problem is outlined in this thread:
http://texas.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewt...hp?t=18379

basically i think i have the latest cvs build "2/26/06 t3ch" but i see no option for "games folder" in kai settings.... is there something wrong with my setup or am i supposed to use a diff version of xbmc?

first of all, t3ch is a totally neutral cvs build.

i would assume kai uses the same game folder that my programs does. and in that case you simply have the halo folder in either:

e:/games/
or
f:/games/
or
g:/games/

with default config as it says in xboxmediacenter.xml, or you edit the very same file and give it a correct location
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

xboxmediacenter.xml has already been edited correctly
the option was removed as it was unnecessary.

as pike says, it finds the game files in the bookmarks specified and used in my programs.

perhaps you could describe the exact issues you are having, and how your my programs bookmarks are configured?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

my bookmark snippet...
Quote:
<bookmark>
<name>xbox games</name>
<path>e:\games,f:\games</path>
<depth>1</depth>
</bookmark>

my halo2 files are located in "f:\games\halo 2\"

the problem im having is that kai wont launch halo2 from the xbmc/kai submenu... it says something about not finding the game and to insert the disc... but i can launch just fine from my programs. and kai network settings are right because i am able to join a kai game of halo2 if i do insert the disc, but i want to play off the hdd.

another thing.. halo 2 does show up in the games arena (along with a few games that i dont even haveHuh)

it looks to match the title id of the xbe's found in your programs bookmarks with the title id of the game you are looking for.

perhaps the title id of the game on your harddisk doesn't match the title id of the halo2 that shows up in xlink kai?

i am having the same problem, only it is with all the games on my harddrive.  the previous version of xbmc worked well (2-6-06), launching the games perfectly within the xlink ui, and i don't believe that the new version would have changed the titleid's on the harddisk.  i do still have a kaivectors.xml file left over from a previous install.  is this the problem, or is something else creating this issue.  my games directory is f:\games and the executable files show up fine in my programs.
thanks
-qb

okay, reinstalling the 2-26 version of xbmc did make finding the games work. up until now i hadn't been deleting the tdata and udata folders. also, do make sure that you delete the xbmc files using another ftp server rather than the built in one of xbmc. with the fresh install, i made sure that for my programs games it was scanning 2 levels deep. then i let xbmc scan through once, before trying kai. after that, kai worked perfectly.
-qb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does "02-26-06 T3CH" Build not support Kai setting0