Migrate Custom Settings From Frodo To Gotham
I hate asking a question that I am sure has been addressed. But the SEARCH function yielded no results..

So, here goes..

I am building a new XMBC Machine and I figured I would start playing with GOTHAM. I have some custome settings in my older FRODO machine I would like to carry over. Most specifically, the custome controller files...

What's the best way to make sure that the custome files get moved, but I don't overwrite anything from FRODO that is specific to GOTHAM.

Thanx
install Gotham in a new directory next to your current frodo install. run the Gotham build using the "-p" command to put in into portable mode (use a shortcut if in windows). This will create a "/portable_data/" folder inside your Gotham install directory. copy your settings from frodo into this new portable folder where they need to go. they should work provided they are in the correct folder, and there have been no updates to gotham that would have broken any of your controller layouts (unlikely). just remember you need to start gotham with the -p each time, otherwise it will start overwriting stuff for your current frodo build.

what i do, is only use the portable (-p) mode on all the installs i try on my test machine so i dont have to worry about my settings if a accidentally start xbmc without the -p switch.

or, you could simply backup your userdata folder, install gotham, run it and hope for the best. if any issues come up, delete gotham, re-install frodo and copy your backup back to the userdata folder to revert.
I read the ops post 3 times and I see no mention of Windows anywhere so -p doesnt apply to non windows,

You can backup userdata (wiki) and store in anywhere you like userdata (wiki) contains all the config files databases etc.
Thanx for the replies..

And yes, it is a Winblows machine. My bust, I should have specified that..

I'll give the info a try and let everyone know.

Thanx again...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrate Custom Settings From Frodo To Gotham0