Advice on adding Music Videos / Concerts please
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

My experience is that you need to use nfo files created outside of XBMC and not rely on scrapers.

scott s.
Thanks for the heads up scott967

Can anyone point me in the right direction for sample NFOs for music videos and/or convert blurays/DVDs/downloads
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

This is my templat for "your music video filename".nfo
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<musicvideo>
<title>your music video title</title>
<artist>artist of music video</artist>
<year>year of music video releas</year>
<plot>plot or detail of this video</plot>
<genre>genre of music video</genre>
</musicvideo>

this video tutorial must help.
(2014-02-11, 10:03)devilshura Wrote: This is my templat for "your music video filename".nfo
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<musicvideo>
<title>your music video title</title>
<artist>artist of music video</artist>
<year>year of music video releas</year>
<plot>plot or detail of this video</plot>
<genre>genre of music video</genre>
</musicvideo>

Awesome - thanks

Will look into it asap.

Once I have created seperate manual nfos for each music video/concert - How would I add to a library and link this to a menu on my Home screen?

You must scrape local .nfo by set the folder of music video or concert to music video content.Then scrap them by context menu(Press C) "music video info" in file-level / "scan for new content" in folder-level.All your music video that have local info files(.nfo,poster.jpg,fanart.jpg.etc) will go to music video library automaticaly.There you asked me for details at above video tutorial.That not help,because all my GUI not in English.
I'm having the exact same problem. I haven't tried doing the .nfo approach mentioned above. I am very thankful for those that have posted that .nfo is the solution to the problem... however I'm struggling with the method to get this to work, and I am a bit confused regarding how to do this. Can anyone link to a step-by-step guide or could they please post a few screencaps perhaps in an English GUI?

My concert videos are a mix of .avi and .mkv etc. (e.g. I have no problem getting the videos to scrape if I choose the type "Movie" (and they scrape properly and show up under my Movies menu in Aeon MQ5 - however I want them under "Concerts". I have tried following other advice in the forum doing a search and chose content as "Music video" and have tried various scrapers (just like litfoo above - I tried theaudiodb scraper, theconcertdb scraper (seems to be not working/returning?) and The MusicVideo DB. When I access "Concerts" no videos/content shows up. My only thought is that perhaps this is a folder structure/and/or file naming problem?

But how do I name a concert video/movie like the classic Rolling Stones 1970 movie Gimme Shelter? Where more than one venue/album are covered?
From what I've read the expectation is the folder structure expects that a concert=music video= 1 artist (versus say a benefit concert with 10 artists) and only 1 album being covered by that 1 artist in that 1 concert (most artists will do older songs from past albums at their concert). And this format wants a single "video" to song association.

All my concert videos are in a directory off of the root called "Concerts" (so /Concerts/...)

I'm using the structure:
> Artist/Artist-ConcertName (YEAR)/Artist-ConcertName (Year).mkv

I've tried altering to just use:
>/Artist-ConcertName (YEAR)/Artist-ConcertName (Year).mkv

But won't work at all. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Although my post about Concerts/Music Videos was in the ACE skin section, it actually applies to all of XBMC.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163814

The above should answer most of your questions.
Powerhouse you rock man. Your posts on the following threads:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164550
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164579
explained exactly how to get this going.

.nfo files are really the only way and turn off the scrapers (use local info only). Worked like a charm. Smile
Thanks everyone for the tips. I went for the basic manual nfo creation and turned off scrapers too. Working well but does take a little more time

Easiest way i find is to use the tmdb scraper for music concerts.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1612477

If the concert has been released on dvd/bluray it may be on tmdb. for example coldplay has a number of hits so if you naming convention is correct it should pick it up. The key here is to make sure you naming is correct other wise it wont pick it up. you can use the same naming (and year) as shown on tmdb and that should work.

Another way would be to use Mediaelch for scraping as this handle concerts.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136333

This covers 90% of my music concerts. The other 10% i find have not been added to tmdb. So i just add them to the website along with artwork and they then scape.

What i do for music videos (3-5 min videos of single songs) is set my folder structure up like:
d:/Music Videos
/artist1
artist1 - songname.ext
artist1 - songname2.ext
/artist2
artist2 -songname.ext

I then add a folder.jpg and fanart.jpg to each artist directory. Then add the folder to xbmc and set the content as nothing. Then i use the skin to make a shortcut to the folder on the main menu, then adjust the view to my liking.

This is so much easier than nfo's.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Thanks for detailed info re the Concerts and the introduction of Mediaelch

(2014-02-18, 09:37)Mr. V Wrote: What i do for music videos (3-5 min videos of single songs) is set my folder structure up like:
/artist1
artist1 - songname.ext
artist1 - songname2.ext
/artist2
artist2 -songname.ext

I then add a folder.jpg and fanart.jpg to each artist directory. Then add the folder to xbmc and set the content as nothing. Then i use the skin to make a shortcut to the folder on the main menu, then adjust the view to my liking.

This is so much easier than nfo's.

Would appreciate a little more info regarding the above on Music Videos if that's ok

-I take it you have split out the Music concerts from your Music videos? So music videos (3-5 min videos of single songs) are in d:/Music Videos and your concerts are in another folder on your D: drive?

- And this will mean you have 2 different menus on the XBMC home page? One for concerts and the other for Music videos? -

I do not want either concerts or music videos to appear in my 'Movies' menu from homepage.

- I guess the concerts will be tagged <musicvideo> in nfo so would not go into 'Movies' menu - how about your Music videos?

You say ' Then add the folder to xbmc and set the content as nothing' - this means you add the folder d:/Music Videos to your library but not choose a scraper?

- Can you be a little more granular on your folder structure - need a little hand holding.

/artist1
artist1 - songname.ext
artist1 - songname2.ext
/artist2
artist2 -songname.ext

artist1 - songname.ext above - this is placed in the /artist1 folder?

so for example:

d:/Music Videos/Adele/Adelesong.mp3

or

d:/Music Videos/Adelesong.mp3

- And you put a folder.jpg and fanart.jpg to each artist directory - is this to save you having to do one individually for each song of the artist?

Thanks again for your help and guidance,

litfoo

-I take it you have split out the Music concerts from your Music videos? So music videos (3-5 min videos of single songs) are in d:/Music Videos and your concerts are in another folder on your D: drive?

Yes.

- And this will mean you have 2 different menus on the XBMC home page? One for concerts and the other for Music videos? -

Yes.

- I guess the concerts will be tagged <musicvideo> in nfo so would not go into 'Movies' menu - how about your Music videos?

Thats right. You are using the movie tmdb movie scraper but changeing it to work with the music video database so it will be treated as music videos

You say ' Then add the folder to xbmc and set the content as nothing' - this means you add the folder d:/Music Videos to your library but not choose a scraper?

Exactly. I find for music video's there is not a lot of information to be scraped so i didnt see a point. so it just seems easier to use the folder structure for naming. so avoiding using a scraper (well music video database really). Also i didnt like the Artist/Album/Song structure the database uses.

- Can you be a little more granular on your folder structure - need a little hand holding.

You can make it what ever you want as no database is used. So what ever you name your files and folder will be used in xbmc.

- And you put a folder.jpg and fanart.jpg to each artist directory - is this to save you having to do one individually for each song of the artist?

This is because i am not using a database and just relying on the folder structure. So if you add the image xbmc will display them.

This is how it looks using aeon nox. The first image is concerts. The other two are music videos.

watch gallery
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
this is my folder structure

http://imgur.com/sDt6J8M
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on adding Music Videos / Concerts please0