Blocking - bug or normal behavior?
When a show/movie is paused, and I try to use my computer - specifically the web, it will not respond for about 20 seconds, unless I un-pause the show I'm watching. It will eventually, but it takes over 10-20 seconds to do each webpage.

This has been a problem for me for the last few versions, (v12 I became aware of an issue) but I just realized the fix is to unpause the show.

I've reloaded from scratch - both my opsys (mac 10.9.1) and xbmc. Did not change anything. Is this a known issue?

OS X 10.9.1 on an iMac 2012
XBMC latest nightly: 13.0-alpha12 git 20140208
(i was using the monthly jan1 build, when this happened. so I upgraded to see if it helped. it didn't)
debug log: http://pastebin.com/CAf2m5xj
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
That's very weird. I've never seen that with XBMC on OS X, but it is possible to have that happen if you use a program that saturates the network, either upload speed or download speed. Maybe some add-on in XBMC is going nuts and making constant connections to something. However, all the add-ons mentioned in your log file seem harmless.

Maybe put XBMC into window'ed mode and open Activity Monitor and watch the network monitor. That might at least rule out my guess or not.
Thanks Ned - you're advice gave me some things to try, and this is what I found:

Screen1: iMac with AMD Radeon HD 6750M (system preference, "best for display", not scaled)
Screen2: Sharp Aquos Quattron connected via HDMI from MDP (apple adapter, not 3rd party)
Browser used: Chrome v32 (same happens on any though)

Windowed XBMC: on screen 1 or 2 - no problem
Full Screen - xbmc on Screen 1 - with Chrome on screen 2: no problem
Full Screen - xbmc on screen 2 (my default setup) - chrome on screen 1: *PROBLEM*

CPU times never varied much for either chrome or xmbc, nor did anything hit even close to 100%.

It's clearly related to Full screen XBMC on screen 2: and only when paused. In my tests, it took 60 seconds before any webpage even started loading. As soon as pause is released, the webpage loads instantly as normal.

What is the next step you need for me to troubleshoot?
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
huh. I'm not really sure, to be honest. That's very weird.
I moved this to the OS X subforum just because it seems OS specific.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blocking - bug or normal behavior?0