Linux XbmcBuntu 12.2 howto upgrade ...
Question 
All,

i'm using XbmcBuntu 12.2. Kernel = 3.5.0-45-generic.
Now i'm using the Ati drivers together with the xvba fglrx solution.

I would like to start using the open source radeon driver and the vdpau solution and move on to the gotham, but ... i don't really know how to do...

I'm fairly new to all this, and i was looking to this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854:
but - apt-get distr-upgrade does not upgrade to the latest kernel (for starters)...

i assume there is a way to solve this.... any help?

THX
Given the nature of your current situation (with old drivres and old config files) and where you want to be, you really are best starting fresh.

Make a copy of userdata (wiki) and reformat/reinstall from scratch. The how-to explain what you need to do.

Essentially because of your degree of knowledge I really recommend against trying to do one on top of the other.
Thanks!

That's what i was expecting. I like to play, but then again ... i rather have it all working Smile
The only thing is that i will need to reinstall my other services and tools. Giving me more work to start from a clean fresh install.
But indeed, i don't really see through the amount of work waiting for me when i start to update my distro.

Thanks again.
I actually did this from the frodo 12.1 to 12.2 a while ago.... even tho it worked there where alot of Bug's here and there, so i just reinstalled from a fresh install and just configured my services and so on... but still much easier :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XbmcBuntu 12.2 howto upgrade ...0