• 18(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
The posting about getting rid of of the next-aired script was unlikely to be related unless your system is really, really bad at multitasking (your log shows the script working perfectly, and only taking 5 seconds of time every 8 hours to keep your shows up-to-date). Thus, I have no idea why fritsh would be so accusatory towards the script.

I'd imagine that the NFS freezing issues are the same general issue that I reported about freezing in SMB mounts -- there appears to be a huge bug in Gotham at the moment where a network glitch can totally hang up xbmc while it is trying to load data into the buffer cache (regardless of how full the buffer cache actually is).

..wayne..
That kind of makes sense. I already have an issue where I can't access network devices on my PC so maybe there is a network issue causing this.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Hey Wayne, I was having trouble with xbmc freezing and I also couldn't browse the network on my PC. After running a tool, I found that the machine was assigning itself as master browser. I created the samba.conf on both machines setting no to anything that had to do with master browser. I went to my NAS and set it as master browser and I rebooted both OE machines. Right away, my PC was bake to browse and see every machine on the network. Do you think this master browser thing could have been causing my freezing and not your script?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Hi @WayneD,

Can you plz write exactly how to implement this script in my skin's Startup.xml?
The wiki isn't really clear, sine it just states to add:
Code:
RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)

What XML tag should I use for this? <onload>?
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired)">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,backend=True)</onload>

Thanks
(2014-04-09, 22:51)EtgarDizz Wrote: What XML tag should I use for this? <onload>?
Yes, onload in Startup.xml is the right thing to do. Your example just mixes up the backend (which grabs info for the current listitem and puts it into home properties) and the background updater, which is started via the "silent=True" option. For instance, AeonMQ5 uses this:
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + !IsEmpty(skin.string(livetvwidget))">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)</onload>

The backend part should get started when the user is browsing through tvshow listings. For example, MQ5 has this in MyVideoNav.xml:
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,backend=True)</onload>
The backend script will keep running until the window goes away.

..wayne..
Hi Wayne !

I finished the french translation for your addon on Transifex, can you upload the updated language files on Github please ?

Thanks a lot and keep up your amazing job !
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
@Lockos: it looks like the xbmc team snagged a new set of Transifex data about 10 hours ago (into their translations git repo), but I don't see any changes to the French po file yet (it was last updated back in March). Hopefully your hard work will show up in the next import (which should happen sometime next week).
The addon constantly throws exceptions with Russian as UI language. To fix the issue you need to change lines 1045-1046 in default.py.
Before:
PHP Code:
fmt % {'year'tt[0], 'mm'tt[1], 'month'self.local_months[tt[1]-1], 'day'tt[2], 'wday'self.wdays[tt[6]], 'unk''??'}
return 

After:
PHP Code:
fmt fmt.decode('utf-8')
fmt % {'year'tt[0], 'mm'tt[1], 'month'self.local_months[tt[1]-1], 'day'tt[2], 'wday'self.wdays[tt[6]], 'unk''??'}
return 

(2014-04-11, 18:10)Roman_V_M Wrote: The addon constantly throws exceptions with Russian as UI language.
Thanks for pointing that out -- I've just committed a fix and updated the zip file (linked in the first post).

Q: what does the 'r.' suffix in the Russian long-date format mean? Is it part of the year? I may need to tweak how I strip the year from the long date for some languages.

..wayne..
(2014-04-11, 18:47)WayneD Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 18:10)Roman_V_M Wrote: The addon constantly throws exceptions with Russian as UI language.
Thanks for pointing that out -- I've just committed a fix and updated the zip file (linked in the first post).

Q: what does the 'r.' suffix in the Russian long-date format mean? Is it part of the year? I may need to tweak how I strip the year from the long date for some languages.

..wayne..

I guess you actually mean "г." which is shortening from "год" (year), e.g "2014 г." means "year 2014".
Thanks for the heads-up about translation Wayne, I'll wait until it's ready ! Wink
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
Hi WayneD,

I didn't read the whole thread, but did search through it. I hope I'm not repeating something

I am running the version 6.0.7 of this script in Frodo (openelec 3.2.4) with Aeon MQ5

I never get the background updates. No matter what I set the update frequencies, it never updates in the background. The updates work when I manually launch the addon, and all the skin info gets updated as well. But not in the background.

The htpc is always on. It gets restarted occasionally.

Do you need logs, or have any suggestions?

Thanks
@aptaica: make sure you've either restarted xbmc recently or have done a "Change User" and re-entered the same user. The skin should start the background updater on "login" (MQ5 has code for this, unlike some other skins such as Confluence). You can check the xbmc.log file to see if you see a message that contains "TV Show - Next Aired starting background proc (6.0.7)". If so, that should hopefully keep the updater going for you.

At some point I plan to update the addon's xml info to list a service that should be run on login (so that the skin doesn't need special code to start it), but I need to investigate if that would make the script incompatible with Frodo or not.

..wayne..
Hi Wayne,

I turned on debugging and then restarted the machine. I let it sit all day. When I came home, I pulled the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=175944

No sign of the script running.
(2014-04-17, 02:09)aptalca Wrote: No sign of the script running.
You don't have to let it run very long as long as you logged in to a profile (which some systems do automatically, especially if there is just the one default profile). If there's no sign of the next-aired script then we can assume that your skin isn't starting it up. Snag the latest Next-Aired zip file (see first post) and unzip that over the top of the current script.tv.show.next.aired directory (or try the install-from-zip menu option -- that sometimes works). That should get the background process going because it now includes a service script that starts it on login (and it has code to ignore any skin's attempt to start up a duplicate background processor).

..wayne..
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8