• 5(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
(2014-02-25, 18:52)LEDFan Wrote: 1- The TV Guide (Guide TV) still shows dates in English. It's either saying "at" or "The day at" (like "Wednesday at").
That appears to be a direct use of the AirTime data, which was always a raw copying of an English day-list + " at " + a time (previously taken directly from the tvrage data). I had been assuming that skins would parse that, but perhaps not, especially since the days and time data is already broken up into the AirDay and ShortTime fields. I'll look into providing a translation of those strings in the future.

Quote:2- For the field "Type" What is supposed to go there? I have 42 TV Shows and it all says "Not available" (Info non disponible).
I'd imagine that they are showing "Classification" there, which is always an empty string these days (no such info in TheTVDB data).

..wayne..
Version 6.0.1 has been accepted into the addons repo. It should hopefully start to show up as an update soon. I've updated the first post in this thread light of that fact.
hi Wayne any chance to change the AT on
label.setProperty(prefix + "AirTime", '%s at %s' % (airdays, airtime))

something for better language translations perhaps a "-"
(2014-02-26, 06:28)warlion Wrote: something for better language translations perhaps a "-"

Yeah, I was thinking about using "@". The nice thing about a non-word is that it wouldn't need to be translated. I'll list some possibilities here to see how they look:
  • Monday @ 09:00 PM
  • Monday - 09:00 PM
  • Monday: 09:00 PM
  • Monday / 09:00 PM
  • Monday, 09:00 PM
  • Monday (09:00 PM)

There are some property values that join several days of a show together into a comma-separated list. e.g.:
  • Wednesday, Thursday @ 08:00 PM
  • Wednesday, Thursday - 08:00 PM
  • Wednesday, Thursday: 08:00 PM
  • Wednesday, Thursday / 08:00 PM
  • Wednesday, Thursday, 08:00 PM
  • Wednesday, Thursday (08:00 PM)

Looking at those, I'm kinda liking the colon (:) lines. Dash (-) is also nice.

..wayne..
i agree the colon looks fine to me
the @ is more for english

i notice sometimes the day dont show on a tv-show

and it looks kind of odd

it will look fine when the day is showing
(2014-02-26, 07:24)warlion Wrote: i notice sometimes the day dont show on a tv-show

That's interesting. I had thought that the get_label() code was only getting called for a show that had an episode coming up in the next week, but I see now that some ad-hoc property data is sometimes requested by the skin beyond that. I've tweaked the code to hopefully fix that. The 6.0.1 zip file (mentioned in the first post for ongoing testing work) now has this fix and my other translation tweaking in it. Thanks for the bug reports!

..wayne..
Nice Wayne that change make it looks much better
Hi, I'm getting the "Script Failed" error box every time I start XBMC. Logs contain:

16:57:17 T:2708 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### getting series & episode info for #74805 - The Prisoner
16:57:18 T:2708 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: (22, 'Invalid argument')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 1075, in <module>
NextAired()
File "script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 139, in __init__
self.do_background_updating()
File "script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 226, in do_background_updating
if self.update_data(update_every):
File "script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 439, in update_data
tid = self.check_show_info(tvdb, tid, current_show, prior_data)
File "script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 692, in check_show_info
'aired': ep['FirstAired'].isoformat(),
File "script.tv.show.next.aired\dateutil\tz.py", line 92, in utcoffset
if self._isdst(dt):
File "script.tv.show.next.aired\dateutil\tz.py", line 135, in _isdst
return time.localtime(timestamp+time.timezone).tm_isdst
ValueError: (22, 'Invalid argument')
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2014-02-27, 01:02)crawfish Wrote: return time.localtime(timestamp+time.timezone).tm_isdst

Looks like your system doesn't like a negative timestamp in time.localtime() (in your case caused by the 1968 year being prior to the epoch). I've updated the 6.0.1 zip file with a change to the dateutil/tz.py file to check for such a system and tweak the flow to try to avoid the issue.

..wayne..
Hey, seems to work! Thanks for the fix. Seeing tm_isdst in the log reminded me of P.J. Plauger in "The Standard C Library", Exercise 15.9: "[Very Hard] Devise a more orderly way to measure time. Get somebody with some authority to agree to adopt it." Laugh
hi wayne i just notice that you add a image when any art is empty

but i think that's not the best way to go it will better for the skinner to add a fallback when any art missing

looks kind of odd
(2014-02-27, 22:24)warlion Wrote: hi wayne i just notice that you add a image when any art is empty
[...] it will better for the skinner to add a fallback when any art missing

Yeah, I was in the middle of making the case better where there is no image for a particular list-item, which is a bad thing in the Guide where you don't see anything at all for a show's day entry. I've just finished changing the image into one that mentions the show's title, and your post reminded me that I don't want the code to force so many of the missing images, but just the one that is needed for the current list-item setting (by default it uses the poster). See if you like the current zip version better.

..wayne..
Hello Wayne,
I seem to be experiencing the time stamp problem as well, please see logs below. This is happening on all 3 of the PC's that I have XBMC for windows installed. Strangely enough this again happens when trying to search for Data about the old 1960 tv series the The Prisoner as per Crawfish's problem.

01:05:15 T:5392 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: (22, 'Invalid argument')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Bob Roberts\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 1089, in <module>
NextAired()
File "C:\Users\Bob Roberts\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 131, in __init__
self.show_gui()
File "C:\Users\Bob Roberts\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 877, in show_gui
self.update_data(update_after)
File "C:\Users\Bob Roberts\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 435, in update_data
tid = self.check_show_info(tvdb, tid, current_show, prior_data)
File "C:\Users\Bob Roberts\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 688, in check_show_info
'aired': ep['FirstAired'].isoformat(),
File "C:\Users\Bob Roberts\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\dateutil\tz.py", line 92, in utcoffset
if self._isdst(dt):
File "C:\Users\Bob Roberts\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\dateutil\tz.py", line 135, in _isdst
return time.localtime(timestamp+time.timezone).tm_isdst
-->End of Python script error report<--

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Next Aired, but the problem is still occuring.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Cavey.
Please ignore the above post Wayne I have figured it out, I should have read the whole thread before posting my issue. Many Thanks for the Add On and the solution to the problem.
Big Grin
(2014-02-28, 03:28)caveywavey Wrote: Please ignore the above post Wayne I have figured it out...

Excellent -- glad you got the bug-fix installed. I'm looking to package up what I have and release a 6.0.2 version pretty soon now (which will give everyone all the fixes that are currently in the zip file).

..wayne..
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8