• 7(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
(2014-03-01, 15:19)Lockos Wrote: For sure "How I Met Your Mother" is not returning, it's currently the final season.

Next Aired will interpret an "Ended" status combined with upcoming episodes as a "Final Season" display. We'll see if the tvdb site likes that idiom, or if they prefer to wait to set "Ended" after the final episode has aired. With so few Status values available there's not much else I can do (except to request more values on their site).

..wayne..
(2014-03-02, 02:18)Martijn Wrote: [...] db links [...]
Thanks. That's a version-2 DB (from 6.0.1), so you probably have a background-update proc from 6.0.1 still running. I didn't get the die-on-update code put in until 6.0.2, so 6.0.1's script will decide to discard the too-new db data and rebuild it instead of quitting (6.0.2 will make the old background script quit in that instance). I tested the db-upgrade code, and it worked fine for me. I'm looking into your errors some more to see if I can see what went wrong, but haven't seen what the issue is just yet.

Quote:i shouldn't go into settings or manually move it to reset the database. any update should handle it and if fails destroy the database
Right, it should just work. It's weird that it did not.

..wayne..
(2014-03-01, 23:35)BigNoid Wrote: Why o why is the date format changed without notice to skin developers, or did I miss that somewhere?

I think you miss it BigNoid
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1626333
(2014-03-02, 02:57)warlion Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 23:35)BigNoid Wrote: Why o why is the date format changed without notice to skin developers, or did I miss that somewhere?

Right, so I should check every thread to see if it doesn't break my code. Something like this should be communicated well before pushing it to repo.
(2014-03-02, 03:05)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 02:57)warlion Wrote:

Right, so I should check every thread to see if it doesn't break my code. Something like this should be communicated well before pushing it to repo.

He should revert it immediately.
You cannot screw skins that are in repo. Period
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
guys, guys... lighten up ok

just be thankful someone is willing to put time and effort in this addon.

as always, if you think you can do better: patches welcome!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-03-01, 11:47)Martijn Wrote: I'm getting these errors
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=140799

I figured out the path that caused the error for you. You had a v6.0.1 background proc going that was keeping the DB at an older version, and the run_backend() entry point wasn't properly handling the DB upgrading that it needed to do. I've committed a fix.

For anyone being affected by this issue, all you need to do is to exit+restart xbmc, or switch profiles (even switch to the same profile).

I'm looking into the date format stuff next.

..wayne..
That change obviously didn't get talked about enough beforehand, so I apologize for that. I'm trying to make the info more friendly for the user, but we do need to make sure that it works well with all the skins. Toward that end I'm going to make it default to the old date style with a new option to let the user choose an improved date format (since all the skins I've used need help in this area).

Quote:EDIT: Furthermore, the date thats being displayed in NextDate isnt localized anymore. It should say Mon, 17 Mar. At least thats how it worked with the old date format. It just took over the international settings from xbmc.
The new format is indeed being localized, just not in the same way as before (e.g. it does use the gui's language setting, but I had remarked earlier that I still needed to make it handle the day before/after month order properly). I had looked for a setting that would specify a date format that included a month name, but I didn't find one (though I have recently found "datelong", which I am going to use). I also note that the old addon was inconsistent in its date formatting in the Started field since it just copied the value from tvrage (making it often a totally different numerical date order than anything else), so I am managing to improve at least some things (I hope).

I have been working to make things even more localized than it was before, as seen in the localizing of the day-of-the week names that had previously always been in English. Hopefully this change is not going to also cause a problem. If it does, I can put that behind an option as well.

So, I'm sorry if I haven't been getting this done in quite the right way, and I hope you'll help me get it right when I mess up.

..wayne..
wayne when do you add the final season status?

i never see that change cool,

(2014-03-02, 08:33)warlion Wrote: wayne when do you add the final season status?
i never see that change cool,

I mentioned it a few days ago somewhere in this thread. I twiddled the status of that show to "Ended" to trigger it in the addon. Hopefully nobody will feel the need to tweak it back to Continuing (since the show is ending, I think that "Ended" is the right status for it).

The latest version of my git repo and the 6.0.2 zip file (mentioned in the first post) both have fixes for the date issue and the db-upgrade issue. I'm prepping 6.0.3 for release next.

..wayne..
lets hope the tvdb team reply on their forum

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17169
FYI this is returning a 404:

mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.tv.show.next.aired/script.tv.show.next.aired-6.0.2.zip.md5

which makes the add-on impossible to install.
(2014-03-02, 21:46)isamudaison Wrote: FYI this is returning a 404:

mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.tv.show.next.aired/script.tv.show.next.aired-6.0.2.zip.md5

force refresh you repo.

that's the old version
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-03-02, 21:47)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 21:46)isamudaison Wrote: FYI this is returning a 404:

force refresh you repo.

that's the old version

That did it... why didn't that happen automatically when I updgraded from frodo -> gotham?
wayne whats the URL of transifex?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8