• 9(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
There is a problem with Polish characters.

PHP Code:
ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u015a' in position 31: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/resources/lib/next_aired_dialog.py", line 63, in onInit
        self.set_properties()
    File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/resources/lib/next_aired_dialog.py", line 81, in set_properties
        xbmc.executebuiltin('
SetProperty(NextAired.%d.Wday,%s,Home)' % (c, wday))
UnicodeEncodeError: '
ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u015a' in position 31ordinal not in range(128)
-->
End of Python script error report<-- 
(2014-03-11, 02:18)Amberos Peros Wrote: There is a problem with Polish characters.

Indeed -- the unicode date/day strings were causing some issues with the new skin properties. I've committed a fix to git, and updated the zip file. Thanks for your help with the testing!

..wayne..
(2014-03-11, 01:04)warlion Wrote: Error Contents: month must be in 1..12
Traceback (most recent call last):
It would help to see the line where the error is occurring. I can load Robotech data w/o it failing.

Quote:also i notice that the airtime change but i dont see any change on the country since yestarday
The US just switched to daylight savings time, so anyone who didn't switch will get the US's shows an hour earlier.

In your Simpson's picture I'm not understanding why you're now putting "Aired: Yesterday" next to S25E11 -- it aired back in January.

..wayne..
(2014-03-11, 08:07)WayneD Wrote: It would help to see the line where the error is occurring. I can load Robotech data w/o it failing.
hope this help
Code:
00:09:02 T:6592  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### getting series & episode info for #94551 - Parenthood (2010)
00:09:03 T:6592  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### getting series & episode info for #76828 - Robotech
00:09:03 T:6592   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: month must be in 1..12
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 1202, in <module>
                                                NextAired()
                                              File "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 142, in __init__
                                                self.show_gui()
                                              File "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 971, in show_gui
                                                self.update_data(update_after)
                                              File "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 506, in update_data
                                                tid = self.check_show_info(tvdb, tid, current_show, prior_data)
                                              File "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 775, in check_show_info
                                                'aired': first_aired.isoformat(),
                                              File "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\dateutil\tzwin.py", line 32, in utcoffset
                                                if self._isdst(dt):
                                              File "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\dateutil\tzwin.py", line 67, in _isdst
                                                self._dstweeknumber)
                                              File "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\dateutil\tzwin.py", line 166, in picknthweekday
                                                first = datetime.datetime(year, month, 1, hour, minute)
                                            ValueError: month must be in 1..12
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

(2014-03-11, 08:07)WayneD Wrote: The US just switched to daylight savings time, so anyone who didn't switch will get the US's shows an hour earlier.

In your Simpson's picture I'm not understanding why you're now putting "Aired: Yesterday" next to S25E11 -- it aired back in January.

..wayne..
ohh im still skinning and testing different ways lol
(2014-03-11, 08:11)warlion Wrote: File "C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\dateutil\tzwin.py", line 166, in picknthweekday

I was wondering if it was somewhere in the dateutil code. I had failed to duplicate the issue because my version wasn't using the buggy tzwin code. Looks like I can just disable the tzwin code in there and avoid the bug (since we supply the tzone info we need in the tzone*.tar.gz file). My latest version does this.

I've also checked-in some more window-property changes in order to make things a bit more consistent. I'm thinking that this will be the last of these name changes (hopefully). The latest ones always gives the skin access to the dates for yesterday and today that can be compared against NextDate and LatestDate values to see if they are for yesterday or today. It also always supplies a localized string for yesterday and today, even for a non-today-week guide. This allows me to avoid the prior exception I had made in the Weekday (formerly Wday) values for yesterday and today (just to make the values consistent). If this ends up being inconvenient, let me know (i.e. if your templating was easier before, I could consider putting the exception back in -- for the stock skin, it was just 2 var name changes).

..wayne..
perfect its working fine here , the name changes make more understanding
thanks Wayne for all your work
@Wayne i just find something for NextAired.200.Date
if you change language (spanish)
gives really extrange results
(2014-03-11, 18:13)warlion Wrote: if you change language (spanish)
gives really extrange results
Spanish's datelong format is this very weird string:
Code:
%A, %d%d' de '%b' de '%Y

Someone should submit a fix for that (the doubled %d and the weird single quotes) -- if you don't do that then I'll try to figure out the right spot. In the meantime, I'll improve the shortening algorithm to understand possible connecting words, such as " de ".

EDIT: I've committed some code that changes any %d%d it finds into %d and does a better job of figuring out how to leave off the year and the wday info. Not sure what's up with the apostrophes, but I left them there (as a reminder that things need to be fixed).

..wayne..
sorry wayne for not reply before i having problem with my internet , i will test your changes and let you know

-----
the last changes Wayne make it look much much better still need something it show " 12' de ' MAY " instead of " 12 de MAY " as you pointed on your last post

thanks Wayne
hey wayne i just get the tv show show " betas " http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=269003&lid=7

and i notice this show don't had Airtime and the NextAired.AirTime return ??:??
http://i.imgur.com/z6NeLE9.png
(2014-03-14, 22:45)warlion Wrote: and i notice this show don't had Airtime and the NextAired.AirTime return ??:??

Yup, airtime isn't set in the tvdb data so it displays as "??:??". I could change it to be an empty string instead (I'll consider that), but what should really happen is that the amazon release time for the show should be put into the airtime. e.g. if it becomes available at midnight US-Eastern, then the airtime should be edited to be 12:00 AM.

..wayne..
I have an interesting problem that i noticed tonight. All of my TV shows are not coming through the addon. I get a very minimal amount of shows. Any ideas what could be causing this? I tried a refresh on the shows themselves in XBMC and also a refresh through the addon of the data. Nothing seems to be working. It was working fine before and i have checked the IDs on theTVDB and mine match. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all the hard work!
(2014-03-15, 06:31)win88ice2004 Wrote: I have an interesting problem that i noticed tonight. All of my TV shows are not coming through the addon. I get a very minimal amount of shows. Any ideas what could be causing this? I tried a refresh on the shows themselves in XBMC and also a refresh through the addon of the data. Nothing seems to be working. It was working fine before and i have checked the IDs on theTVDB and mine match. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all the hard work!

a debug log can help
I just updated to 6.0.5.

1- The dates now work perfectly for French users except only one day: Yesterday. This word should be "Hier" for French users. Where can I fix it for now?

2- After updating the addon, I deleted the two databases under \userdata\addon_data\script.tv.show.next.aired next.aired.db and country.db and start a clean update of TV Show within the addon. I noticed when I press update the first time, it has updated about 2 or 3 TV shows (I saw the progress bar until 10%) then it went back to display the results. I had to manually press update about 10 times in order to have all my shows scanned. Is this normal? Shouldn't the addon do them all at once?

3- Sometimes, after manually pressing update as mentionned in point #2, There were a couple of days missing (the names of the days are missing but the dates are there) in the results page! Weird.

4- Some TV-Shows did not update correctly like 24, It is supposed to show that Season 9 will start in May (May 5 I think) but it doesn't show anything. You can see it on the picture. It's working for dallas but not for 24. Also, under TV Guide, it only shows the hour, the day is missing. It does that for a couple of shows.

24 is not OK

Dallas is OK
(2014-03-16, 00:00)LEDFan Wrote: I just updated to 6.0.5.
Aside: 6.0.5 isn't out yet, but the zip or git version has what will be going into 6.0.5 when it is finally released. I'm imagining that it should be ready to go pretty soon, though.

Quote:1- The dates now work perfectly for French users except only one day: Yesterday. This word should be "Hier" for French users. Where can I fix it for now?
That word is brand new, so it will take a while to make its way through the translation system. Feel free to visit transifex if you want to help out with the translation efforts. Words like Today and Tomorrow are already in xbmc itself (for any addon to use), but they apparently haven't needed "Yesterday" so I had to add it from scratch.

Quote:2- After updating the addon, I deleted the two databases under \userdata\addon_data\script.tv.show.next.aired next.aired.db and country.db and start a clean update of TV Show within the addon.
Unless something really weird goes on, deleting the old files (or using reset-and-update) just slows things down because it has to regrab all the data for your shows instead of just updating the ones that changed.

Quote:I noticed when I press update the first time, it has updated about 2 or 3 TV shows (I saw the progress bar until 10%) then it went back to display the results. I had to manually press update about 10 times in order to have all my shows scanned.
Sounds like it was experiencing fetch failures. Since the updating is incremental, it just aborts an update that is failing so that it stops delaying you from seeing the data. If you see such an issue in the future, you might check your connectivity and/or thetvdb.com web site to see if things are busted (the site does seem to periodically experience 500 errors, but for the most part is works quite well).

I suppose that I should make the dialog display a notice when the interactive-updating aborts due to error, just so you know that it is experiencing issues. I'll look into adding that.

Quote:3- Sometimes, after manually pressing update as mentioned in point #2, There were a couple of days missing (the names of the days are missing but the dates are there) in the results page! Weird.
That is very weird. I'm not sure what the skin is doing on those lines, but I'd imagine that it is just reading the Property data for container Weekdays and container Dates. If so, those are all set in one loop, so xbmc must have been really freaking out for the window properties to be so out of whack. I'd love to know how it managed to do that.

Note that in normal circumstances you shouldn't need to use any kind of update button, just let it update things for you (see the settings for how often you want the auto-updating to happen for both background and foreground updating). Hopefully the skin you're using doesn't have an update button outside of the settings, as it might do a reset-update instead of a force update (the settings in next-aired itself used to do the update wrong in older versions, which makes me worry that some skin out there might have decided to put in a reset+update button).

Quote:4- Some TV-Shows did not update correctly like 24
Assume that you were having trouble fetching data from thetvdb.com, then presumably that was one of the shows that had a fetch failure. When the regular updating happens (and succeeds without fetch failures) it should snag it (it keeps track of any show that has an fetch pending).

..wayne..
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8