• 23(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
(2014-07-11, 07:04)xbmcjas Wrote: I don't see where to do it though.[...] The latest zip on github says the last update was 19 days ago, so I may not the right thing...
The link to the latest downloadable zip is in the first post of this thread (I had neglected to push out the changes to git until just moments ago, which is why you didn't see it there). Once you have that version just visit the settings page for the addon and scroll down to the end.

..wayne..
Is there anyway you can pit the script on xbmc and it would auto download because I do not know anything about scripts or downloading and writing scripts to anything it would be so much easier. I cannot enjoy this add on because nothing shows up whick I click on the add on ..it just have dates and that is it..it is empty with nothing showing..I cannot deal with scripts and downloads if it is not on xbmc already. When I click on the addon the script should be there so I can click for it to download..could you possibly do this in future so I can enjoy this addon.. Right now is nothing I can do.
(2014-07-28, 02:21)kashkow Wrote: [...] Right now is nothing I can do.
I couldn't figure out what exactly is not working for you, so I'll give some general hints that may help you out.

This add-on provides an additional "guide" page to the skin that you need to visit, but how you do that varies based on what skin you use. If you're using something like Ace or Aeon MQ5 or silimiar then the skin has a way in the menus already setup for you to get to the guide (typically in a sub-menu of the TV top-level menu). If you're using something like Confluence that doesn't really support Next-Aired explicitly, you'll need to get into the skin options and add the TV Show Next Aired addon to your menus, which will give you a icon on the main menu where you can get into the guide. Note that Confluence won't show you next-aired info while browsing your show data unlike the more integrated skins that include upcoming-show info for each show you browse.

If you already have the entry into the guide sorted and aren't seeing any show data, that may mean either that none of your shows are getting broadcast in the near future, or it may mean that the data didn't update. Be on the lookout for notices at the top of the screen (typically) that will mention if the script is encountering an error. If it is, you'll need to use the log uploader addon to upload a log with the failure in it and then mention to us where we can take a look at the issue you're having. You can also check on thetvdb.com to see if the shows you think are missing are available and list upcoming episodes in the data.

..wayne..
Thanks Wayne for your helpful response..however I am still having problems here is what I have done.

I am using the neon skin which has TV guide that has next-aired inside. Now what it is doing is downloading and nothing shows up. The side panel that HSS settings and options only the settings light up and bring up athe screen settings..I click on update TV info and nothing..then I click on reset all data and updatebtv info then it starts downloading and still nothing shows up I click OK it takes me back to home screen..
Is there something I am suppose to put inside the settings? How fobi configure the settings? I went to tvdb and signed up..OK now on the settings where it says advanced options it tvdb I'd numbers..do I put in my I'd number inside the settings? Or do I put the I'd number of the TV show I want added? See I need step by step instructions on how to set this up. Is there any downloading (which I am ignorant to) or something. Please what is it? I will go and use the upload log(wish it was in next aired setting much easier)and post it in next reply.

Thanks
Cash
Is there a way to stop specials (starting with S0 or 00) from showing up?
Thanks for the great plugin!
It does not yet have an option to ignore specials, but I've just added it to the latest code. You can try it out via the beta zip download. You'll need to select the new option in the settings and then reset the data for it to take effect (or spot-refresh some of your shows that have specials, if your skin supports per-show refreshing).

..wayne..
ok so i just downloaded the zip u just posted here pal as i was having the issues with shows showing up a day later than the air time they should be, im running aeon nox 4.1.9 it has tv show next aired addon installed with it automatically when i install this zip i just downloaded u posted here will that over ride the one i already have on there? i cant do it to till later as other half is watching the tv so was just trying to find out any info in advanced thanks alot
If you use the load-zip option in the addons menus it will update the current version of the addon. I doubt you'll see any day differences between what you have now, though (unless you have updating turned off somehow). Things to check for off-by-one day issues: (1) is your computer's timezone set correctly? (2) does the show that is displaying incorrectly have the right TV channel set on thetvdb.com? For instance, Fox is in France, while FOX is is the USA, which makes for quite a difference in timezone offset. (3) Does the show have the right broadcast time set on thetvdb.com? If everything seems OK to you, mention what timezone you're in and what show you're seeing with an issue, including the details of what episode you see and what day you see it on.
hi thanks wayne for the response

ok i have the correct time zone,
one show if you could check would be a show the missus watches which is called "geordie shore" she says its on tuesday nights on mtv at 10pm, but on the tv addon its showing up as mtv which is correct but on wednesday night at 2am...

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=248683&lid=7 thats the show on tvdb and the correct time is showing up on there to m8 im a noob when it comes to all this but everything seems right my end but obviously something is not right

once again thanks for your reply and any help u can offer me
(2014-09-04, 20:30)WayneD Wrote: It does not yet have an option to ignore specials, but I've just added it to the latest code. You can try it out via the beta zip download. You'll need to select the new option in the settings and then reset the data for it to take effect (or spot-refresh some of your shows that have specials, if your skin supports per-show refreshing).

..wayne..

Works great!
Thank you
(2014-09-05, 00:25)kizzer31 Wrote: "geordie shore" she says its on tuesday nights on mtv at 10pm, but on the tv addon its showing up as mtv which is correct but on wednesday night at 2am...
That show is on "MTV", which is taken to be the USA channel. This is a problem with thetvdb data -- they have 3 different MTV items listed in their network selector, but all 3 translate into the same string, so there's no way to discern which country's MTV is actually intended from the network string itself. I noticed that the Overview clarified the country (it says "MTV (UK and Ireland)"), so I just added some code that does a regex match in the overview data for a "NETWORK (COUNTRY)" string, with "(COUNTRY and COUNTRY)" also allowed. If you grab a fresh zip file and install it, the show's time should be a bit more accurate.
Excellent thanks alot wayne for going to the trouble of doing this i will re download the zip now do i just download the beta zip up posted above again m8

once again thanks for the help appreciated
ok wayne i downloaded your zip from your first post from github,
have installed the zip over the current one and reset and update but still saying all the same pal dont know if i had to change anything else or not?

thanks again for any info you can offer up m8
(2014-09-06, 19:56)kizzer31 Wrote: ok wayne i downloaded your zip from your first post from github
XBMC has a bug if you install a zip file with the same name -- it doesn't update to the latest content. Use the zip link to my website, which gives you a unique filename for each changed download.
ah ok thanks for info wayne

sorry pal where do i find your website please

thanks again
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8