• 41(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
@MrGonzo 

tvdb has still issues to solve... 

your error at 15% is likely due to a special show, there are some shows where users experienced the add-on crashing. 

observe at which show the error occurs, move the show out of your directory, start the update again. repeat in case of further crashes. 

this way you get at least a large part of information / functionality.
Romanes eunt domus
(2019-11-26, 00:20)skippr Wrote: observe at which show the error occurs, move the show out of your directory, start the update again. repeat in case of further crashes. 

this way you get at least a large part of information / functionality.
That's not necessarily true. In my case I had 3 or 4 TV Shows, which are not special shows, and I did the same thing by moving them and running an update. The only thing changed were 2 episodes airing on that day, when in fact there was a bunch missing. The following day it just acted up again with nothing being displayed. The bottom line is that we all have to simply wait until the TVDB gets sorted. I personally believe that workarounds may even cause more frustration in the long run. Just saying. Big Grin

Shedrock
Thanks for the info guys....I will just wait for a few days then. Let them finish their updates at TVDB Smile
I was having the same issues. However, today it seems to be working for me. I did downgrade simplejason from 3.16.1 to 3.4.0 and now scrapes all my 116 tv shows. I used the modded script.tvshows.next.aired restarted Kodi. All tv shows were scraped but missing art work. Just then updated to the latest next aired 4246.0.15. Hope this helps
(2019-11-26, 12:11)tinkerbill Wrote: I was having the same issues. However, today it seems to be working for me. I did downgrade simplejason from 3.16.1 to 3.4.0 and now scrapes all my 116 tv shows. I used the modded script.tvshows.next.aired restarted Kodi. All tv shows were scraped but missing art work. Just then updated to the latest next aired 4246.0.15. Hope this helps
Forgot to mention when I ran the next aired script I received the fetch error. I just used reset all data option then update tv show information now. Bingo.
(2019-11-21, 22:18)alphaomega16 Wrote:
(2019-11-21, 15:10)utiac Wrote:
(2019-11-21, 13:29)alphaomega16 Wrote: Keep getting this message

ERROR returned by get_show_and_episodes(): "There is no item named 'en.xml' in the archive" in the log after checking when getting fetch failure.

I installed latest build as after moving a tv show from one hard drive to another it wouldnt find it anymore and still wont but i am running the new one in portable mode but next aired works fine on my very old build and that seems to pick it up fine but old one still cannot find "House" the doctor show.

Changes to thetvdb.com API have caused this. Instead of building a zip file containing en.xml, banners.xml and actors.xml, the zip file contains en.zip.xml, banners.xml and actors.xml. A simple but (I susoect temporary) fix if you are using version 6.0.15 is to edit kodi/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/resources/lib/thetvdbapi.py and replace the single instance of:
zip_name = '%s.xml' % self.language
with:
zip_name = '%s.zip.xml' % self.language       

I shall give that a bash and see how it goes

Edit
That seems to have done the trick, much appreciated.

Now I just have to figure out how to get some other stuff done.

1. Get it on main bar next to TV Shows where it is in old install
2. Get it to all show in one window
3. All the shows are showing up 1 day early

I really miss the Neon skin.

Edit 2
Tried copying the country.db file from older install but didn't fix the shows showing up 1 day earlier than they usually do.

Edit 3 
nvm im an idiot, copied the wrong one lol, just have to deal with #1 and 2 now.

Still trying to find a skin I like but I look at every one of them and I cannot find the option to add next aired to the main bar and too many skins saying mouse not supported. 

Its not updating again and giving same error and stopping at country.db, ugh.
Shocked 
(2019-11-26, 01:32)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-11-26, 00:20)skippr Wrote:  
That's not necessarily true. In my case I had 3 or 4 TV Shows, which are not special shows (...) 
sorry shedrock, mother tongue snafu: I should have said "certain" instead of "special". I found that some of the shows that did not work in my library were also mentioned by others, so I figured there is something faulty with these shows in the new tvdb.... hmmm, which would make them special, in a way ;-)
Romanes eunt domus
OK,
If I run next aired manually or let it autorun it fails with the same error, If I delete all info and run a manual scan, it works perfectly, but the second scan fails again, its like it cant retrieve data if there's some there already. Any ideas guys? Im on Raspberry Pi2, Libreelec with version 4.6.15 of Next Aired.
Wait until TVDB gets sorted.
(2019-11-28, 14:22)Hitcher Wrote: Wait until TVDB gets sorted.
I think according to @Karellen in this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2903865, it is up to the addon developer to resolve that issue with the TV Show Next Aired, at least that's my understanding.

Regards,

Shedrock
In that case it won't get fixed as the developer hasn't been active for years.
There seem to be more issues with tvdb than the ZIP problem 

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60386 

I hope they will fix everything, so the add-on will fully function again. 
Or there is some kodian that is willing and able to adapt the add-on, in any case this might take some time. 

Is there any alternative to this add-on?
Romanes eunt domus
(2019-11-28, 17:22)skippr Wrote: Is there any alternative to this add-on?
There are no alternatives that I am aware of. Sad
Tv show Lucifer crashes the app too. And it returns wrong dates for Premiered ...1906.
And it doesn't show any status.
whats the best skin to use next aired atm am using Xonfluence Skin and whats the best setting to use and how to fix blank banners these are my settings atm a on windows using kodi 18.5 

ImageImageImageare these ok or do i need to change or add anything cheers
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8