• 42(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
Well up until now this still worked perfectly on my very old install "Kodi compiled Feb 20 2016" but now it is also not refreshing shows and is chucking up key errors with unable to parse website so it looks like after many many years its back to ol manual bookmarks and writing on calendar/spreadsheet.

Edit
Tried downloading it on newest kodi install and its crashing with memory leak warning on South Park saying there is no year
Next Aired is now working without the temporary fix Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2019-12-01, 06:01)Blurayx Wrote: Next Aired is now working without the temporary fix Smile

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out tomorrow and report back.

Shedrock
@Blurayx - I can see what's airing today, but I can't "reset all data" and re-scan. Once I do that, it then sticks for me at BBC Documentaries".

EDIT: The guide is up to date, but it's still not at 100%. I am using Aeon Nox Silvo skin and the "Next Airing" date is not being displayed as it did before when you hoover over each TV Show, so there is that, and as I mentioned above, I also get stuck on 5 other TV Shows while trying to scan.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-12-01, 14:09)shedrock Wrote: @Blurayx - I can see what's airing today, but I can't "reset all data" and re-scan. Once I do that, it then sticks for me at BBC Documentaries".

EDIT: The guide is up to date, but it's still not at 100%. I am using Aeon Nox Silvo skin and the "Next Airing" date is not being displayed as it did before when you hoover over each TV Show, so there is that, and as I mentioned above, I also get stuck on 5 other TV Shows while trying to scan.

Regards,

Shedrock

I think I can help you with the stuck tv show issue because I had the same problem last week

* Move the 5 stuck TV shows to a folder(outside your tv show folder)
* Clean library

* Enable show empty tv shows

* Go back to your tv shows, I don't know why for some reason the 5 tv shows you moved will still show in your Kodi tv show library
* Delete the 5 tv shows.
*Disable show empty tv shows
* close Kodi
* Put back the 5 tv shows into your library
* open Kodi and scan your library
Now your Next Aired should scan normally. if it still doesn't work delete and reinstall next Aired
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
(2019-12-01, 15:05)Blurayx Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 14:09)shedrock Wrote: @Blurayx - I can see what's airing today, but I can't "reset all data" and re-scan. Once I do that, it then sticks for me at BBC Documentaries".

Regards,

Shedrock

I think I can help you with the stuck tv show issue because I had the same problem last week

* Clean library

* Go back to your tv shows, I don't know why for some reason the 5 tv shows you moved will still show in your Kodi tv show library
* Delete the 5 tv shows.
* close Kodi
Now your Next Aired should scan normally. if it still doesn't work delete and reinstall next Aired 
@Blurayx 

Which NextAired version are you using 6 or 7?

Are you using this edit:
EDIT FILES:
"script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml"
"script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml"

replace all "StringCompare" with "String.IsEqual"

Or any other changes I should know about to get mine back up?

Thank you
(2019-12-01, 15:05)Blurayx Wrote: Now your Next Aired should scan normally. if it still doesn't work delete and reinstall next Aired 
Well, it seems to have gotten worse for me. I have 355 shows and I removed 25 so far and it just keeps finding more to fail on. It's actually not worth the hassle anymore. To me it makes no sense doing that when in fact the addon itself is suppose to take care of it. I 'll just have to live with it until they get it resolved, or maybe they may never even bother.

Thanks for your help.

Shedrock
(2019-12-01, 18:09)melons2 Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 15:05)Blurayx Wrote:

Regards,

Shedrock

* Clean library

* Delete the 5 tv shows.
* close Kodi
@Blurayx 

Which NextAired version are you using 6 or 7?

Are you using this edit:
EDIT FILES:
"script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml"
"script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml"

replace all "StringCompare" with "String.IsEqual"

Or any other changes I should know about to get mine back up?

Thank you  
* I'm using the unedited Next Aired. Another issue I was having before the recent update. home screen widgets(TV Shows Airing Today) stop working. Everything is now working perfectly Smile

* Version 6. 7 is too buggy
(2019-12-01, 18:45)Blurayx Wrote: * I'm using the unedited Next Aired. Another issue I was having before the recent update. home screen widgets(TV Shows Airing Today) stop working. Everything is now working perfectly Smile
So you can run an update on TV Show Next Aired without any issues? Maybe we have completely different shows. I never had the issue with Sons of Anarchy and some other shows, but it got worse for me. However, my widgets do display the Shows airing today correctly.

Shedrock
(2019-12-01, 20:10)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 18:45)Blurayx Wrote: * I'm using the unedited Next Aired. Another issue I was having before the recent update. home screen widgets(TV Shows Airing Today) stop working. Everything is now working perfectly Smile
So you can run an update on TV Show Next Aired without any issues? Maybe we have completely different shows. I never had the issue with Sons of Anarchy and some other shows, but it got worse for me. However, my widgets do display the Shows airing today correctly.

Shedrock 
Yes, I can run an update on TV Show Next Aired without any issues  Smile
(2019-12-01, 20:22)Blurayx Wrote: Yes, I can run an update on TV Show Next Aired without any issues  Smile 
This is some of the error messages I see in my log.

Log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/oqumefuroq.kodi
(2019-12-01, 20:30)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 20:22)Blurayx Wrote: Yes, I can run an update on TV Show Next Aired without any issues  Smile 
This is some of the error messages I see in my log.

Log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/oqumefuroq.kodi

I get similar errors on 9 different tv shows. The only way I found to work around it is the backup my shared database, completely remove all the offending shows run tv show next aired update, then restore the previously saved database. I have tried moving the shows as previously suggested but it did not work for me. I have my addon configure to get 2 weeks. It would be much better if I could get the addon to omit the shows causing the problem but so far I have not found a way to do that. I am using the version from the Kodi repository with the edited files
Hi

Im still getting the script failing at 15%. I have the latest TVDB.zip file installed. Im still using NextAired v6. I hear theres v7 out, but where do I get that? Do I need it? I just dont get why this problem wont go away for me.
Hi,
I was able to get TV Show-Next Aired rebuild database without error following procedure of moving "failing" show outside scanned folder.
So the process is as described above: launch TV Show-Next Aired scanning. If it says it failed at "Show-A" - move that show's whole folder to another place and afterwords remove that folder from library and repeat TV Show-Next Aired scanning. If next "Show-B" is causing error - do the same with that show - move it outside your folder with your all shows. I had have to do this procedure with 4 shows. Once all of them were moved to another folder TV Show-Next Aired scanning was successfully ended.
But... then I moved back "Show-A" to my show's folder, updated library (Show-A appeared in shows list) and launched again TV Show-Next Aired scanning which again ended with errors:

2019-12-01 21:58:58.706 T:3474494336  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.15)
2019-12-01 21:59:06.690 T:3449447296  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc w/FORCEUPDATE (6.0.15)
2019-12-01 21:59:06.710 T:3449447296  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### starting data update
2019-12-01 21:59:06.711 T:3449447296  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### grabbing a new country mapping list
2019-12-01 21:59:08.252 T:3449447296   ERROR: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### ERROR retreiving updates from thetvdb.com: File is not a zip file
2019-12-01 21:59:08.698 T:3449447296  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### data update finished

What does it means?
Apparently some shows are "faulty" and causing TV Show-Next Aired scanning error.
Unfortunately I could not replicate Blurayx's solution, after removing shows and cleaning library I do not have "empty tv shows" left to delete. 
The shows that don't work still won't work.

I have Kodi 17.6 with a clean Add-on version 6, no modifications, no fixes. 

With the failure-provoking shows removed I can reset data and have 1 successful run, but cannot update existing data. I always have to reset all data first.  

At least it can update without the temporary fix. One step in the right direction.

P.S.: Just moved one of the critical shows back to its place, and the add-on did not crash! Will try later with the other shows I had to move out of the directory.
Romanes eunt domus
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8