• 43(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
It didn't work for me wither but what did was to remove the show from the library but not delete the files, then setup Next Aired from scratch, then add update the library, then run Next Aired.
@Hitcher Are you able to update the Add-on for a second time, without resetting all data first?
Romanes eunt domus
I did a little experimenting with the configuration file.

In the add series section I added :  338260;363841  Even though I do not have these in our library new episodes showed up ( Making It & All Rise ) ok

I then added  351282  (Rosewell New Mexico ) and it crashed at the end. Looking at the log I saw reference to  no attribute for "year", looking at that series on TVDB I saw season two had several episodes in  season 2 that were not yet aired and showed -0000 in the year   Also Rosewill New Mexico is not in my current database

Working the other way, omitting the series using the id numbers  and they were still scanned, even though they may not be displayed.

At least on my setup, I am guessing, moving tv shows around the drive really will not change things, it all has to do with TVDB and the way default.py interprets that information.

For me the easiest thing to do was to set up a separate user and run kodi with a database without the offending shows, I then copy userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/next.aired.db to our other kodi installations. Hopefully before too long someone with a little python experience will find the sections of code that needs changing
Premature excitement on my part, all other shows still produce a crash. But one is working now that previously crashed the process. 
Seems to me that tvdb are cleaning up their act, bit by bit.
Romanes eunt domus
hi mine started to update shows then stoped at Rosewill New Mexico tried again and it stop at Rosewill New Mexico so i delated it tried it again and it updated all my shows
(2019-12-01, 20:30)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 20:22)Blurayx Wrote: Yes, I can run an update on TV Show Next Aired without any issues  Smile 
This is some of the error messages I see in my log.

Log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/oqumefuroq.kodi 

Same with me but as others have said its getting worse, I had removed the 2 TV shows that caused that error but now The Expanse is causeing it Sad
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2019-12-03, 10:33)turbotec Wrote: hi mine started to update shows then stoped at Rosewill New Mexico tried again and it stop at Rosewill New Mexico so i delated it tried it again and it updated all my shows
Hello,

I fixed the dates on Roswell from the 0001 to 2020. Was wondering if you could retest to see if that will allow for scanning of the show?

Thanks,
Mark
@mwkurt Roswell seems to be working again! 

How were you able to fix this? Are you member of tvdb with the ability to correct compromised "year"-fields? Please have a look at https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...00#p165500, thanks.
Romanes eunt domus
(2019-12-04, 17:15)mwkurt Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 10:33)turbotec Wrote: hi mine started to update shows then stoped at Rosewill New Mexico tried again and it stop at Rosewill New Mexico so i delated it tried it again and it updated all my shows
Hello,

I fixed the dates on Roswell from the 0001 to 2020. Was wondering if you could retest to see if that will allow for scanning of the show?

Thanks,
Mark 
South Park, Lucifer, Sons of Anarchy, and Game of Thrones are also affected. Would you be able to correct those too?
I'll be damned!.....................it works again!

Thank you to the database gods!
(2019-12-05, 03:18)melons2 Wrote: I'll be damned!.....................it works again!

Thank you to the database gods!

How did you get it working again?

Shedrock
(2019-12-04, 23:42)skippr Wrote: @mwkurt Roswell seems to be working again! 

How were you able to fix this? Are you member of tvdb with the ability to correct compromised "year"-fields? Please have a look at https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...00#p165500, thanks.

Yes, I am a moderator there. If I can help get these things sorted, I will.
(2019-12-05, 01:18)philness Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 17:15)mwkurt Wrote:
Hello,

Thanks,
Mark  
South Park, Lucifer, Sons of Anarchy, and Game of Thrones are also affected. Would you be able to correct those too? 
I am trying to figure out how to fix the date problems on these shows. When I do and they are fixed, I will let you know.

Mark
So, the crashing of the add-on by some shows with corrupted year fields will likely be fixed thanks to mwkurt. Nice. 

Still I have to reset all data to be able to update. 

Anybody got an idea what provokes the error "file is not a zip file" when trying to update existing data? 
Since it all started with the tdvb update, one might assume this correlates. But how / why?
Romanes eunt domus
I did see something about zip errors on the TVDB Forums but have no idea if it is helpful for your problem.
If you find you have the same problem as the original author, there is a fix to try. However, only you can determine
if it will be helpful.

Please visit the TVDB forums

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...0893fe1197

info on problem:

The file retrieved by script.tv.show.next.aired is en.zip but inside the zip file we find:

$ unzip -l en.zip.zip
Archive: en.zip.zip
Length Date Time Name
--------- ---------- ----- ----
392752 1980-00-00 00:00 en.zip.xml
4428 1980-00-00 00:00 banners.xml
1064 1980-00-00 00:00 actors.xml
--------- -------
398244 3 files

Afaik, the problem is en.zip.xml, which is not a zipfile, despite the (mis)naming. If we could move forward with a fix on this that would be great!

Suggested fix:

For this addon only (https://github.com/WayneD/script.tv.show.next.aired)
a temporary fix is to edit:
script.tv.show.next.aired/resources/lib/thetvdbapi.py
Find the line:

zip_name = '%s.xml' % self.language
and change it to:
zip_name = '%s.zip.xml' % self.language

Save and rerun the addon, resetting all information.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8