• 45(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
(2019-12-07, 00:13)skippr Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 00:11)alphaomega16 Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 00:05)skippr Wrote:  

I am afraid you are going to have to explain what you mean, do you not mean share the file or use another program to share it?          
Please share in any way that is convenient for you :-)         
oh, was hoping whoever wanted it knew how to go about it, I am afraid I have not gone about sharing files before.

I originally got the file from here though somewhere, years ago.

Was that thing you mentioned a log thing you turn on in kodi.

Yet another edit, just googled it and it sent me to site.  I was unaware i could edit the country file, gimme a sec.

Another Edit

Here it is saved into the above link you provided, not sure if you could save it as a db file or not but its usually just labelled "country" with db extension.

https://paste.kodi.tv/esaruyizuy

Not sure how to make the files myself but I got about 10 copies of the file littered about everywhere so I dont actually lose it lol

I am using the Confluence skin atm (closest I could find to Neon) but the layout sucks for the addon and for some reason it wont show next air date for current running shows in the TV Shows library in ANY view.

Edit
Here is how it looks in Kodi 16.5 I believe with Neon skin.

https://imgur.com/Df0a9lQ

Here is how it looks in latest version with Confluence (No Neon anymore for newer versions Sad )
https://imgur.com/3X2zkpc

Rest of the UI looks sort of the same though so will have to live with the tradeoff but as you can see the country.db file helps with the shift the other person was mentioning.
(2019-12-07, 00:13)skippr Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 00:11)alphaomega16 Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 00:05)skippr Wrote:  

I am afraid you are going to have to explain what you mean, do you not mean share the file or use another program to share it?   
Please share in any way that is convenient for you :-)  

Just incase you missed all my edits I did paste the info into the site you mentioned earlier, link is above.
(2019-12-06, 15:59)skippr Wrote: ....There is only one problem left, existing data cannot be updated. Has anyone any clue why this error occurs? Which files of the add-on contain the part involved in this error? 

I have this problem too. The guide is collecting all show data, but its showing about 3 days ahead, and I cant get it updated. Is there still a few bugs to work out? Is there anything I can do?
(2019-12-07, 00:52)MrGonzo Wrote:
(2019-12-06, 15:59)skippr Wrote: ....There is only one problem left, existing data cannot be updated. Has anyone any clue why this error occurs? Which files of the add-on contain the part involved in this error? 

I have this problem too. The guide is collecting all show data, but its showing about 3 days ahead, and I cant get it updated. Is there still a few bugs to work out? Is there anything I can do? 

I just went to the same folder the country file is in I listed above and deleted the next aired file and just done a refresh on 16.5 and newest install and both went flawlessly.  You can always backup old file if you wish but I think just letting it do a complete refresh would be the best option.
(2019-12-07, 00:55)alphaomega16 Wrote:
...I think just letting it do a complete refresh would be the best option. 
I did what you suggested...and it WORKED! Im now up to date, and the guide is working properly again! Thanks! Smile
*outdated post*
Romanes eunt domus
(2019-12-07, 01:39)MrGonzo Wrote:
...I think just letting it do a complete refresh would be the best option.    
I did what you suggested...and it WORKED! Im now up to date, and the guide is working properly again! Thanks! Smile   

Glad I was able to help, I think just trying to do an update was trying to use the previously saved initial settings for collecting the info and with the shiftaround they done despite them fixing the errors that had occurred it still needed brand new fresh start.

Once it worked on newest portable install after I redownloaded the addon I tried it on the older 16.5 and it was still borked so I backed up the next.aired file just incase and then deleted it then went back in and done a refresh and all was well once again, sort of like double checking my test
@alphaomega16 Thanks for the country.db! 

Do you know if the userdata folder is the only location for the add-on's country.db? Because my folder did not even contain one. 
Or is a country.db in the userdata folder overriding another country.db? 

Since I did not seem to have one before (at least in userdata folder), I wonder whether I need one... 

Can you tell what the function of this file is? Seems to be just a list of Countries and Stations...
Romanes eunt domus
Are you able to update your data for a second time?

I still have to reset all data first in order to update, otherwise the log shows 

01:04:16.204 T:18446744072384110112 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc w/FORCEUPDATE (6.0.15)
01:04:16.867 T:18446744072384110112 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### starting data update
01:04:16.867 T:18446744072384110112 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### grabbing a new country mapping list
01:04:17.996 T:18446744072384110112 ERROR: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### ERROR retreiving updates from thetvdb.com: File is not a zip file
01:04:21.610 T:18446744072384110112 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### data update finished
Romanes eunt domus
(2019-12-07, 02:01)skippr Wrote: @alphaomega16 Thanks for the country.db! 

Do you know if the userdata folder is the only location for the add-on's country.db? Because my folder did not even contain one. 
Or is a country.db in the userdata folder overriding another country.db? 

Since I did not seem to have one before (at least in userdata folder), I wonder whether I need one... 

Can you tell what the function of this file is? Seems to be just a list of Countries and Stations...

Basically it does what the poster before you requested, since he is in the UK he didn't want to see the US air dates but wanted them a day later.

It is not usually part of the install I believe it is what someone made after the fact.
Ok, I see changes in my airdates that are very nice. I did not expect this geo feature, nice!
Romanes eunt domus
(2019-12-07, 02:08)skippr Wrote:
Are you able to update your data for a second time?

I still have to reset all data first in order to update, otherwise the log shows 

01:04:16.204 T:18446744072384110112 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc w/FORCEUPDATE (6.0.15)
01:04:16.867 T:18446744072384110112 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### starting data update
01:04:16.867 T:18446744072384110112 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### grabbing a new country mapping list
01:04:17.996 T:18446744072384110112 ERROR: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### ERROR retreiving updates from thetvdb.com: File is not a zip file
01:04:21.610 T:18446744072384110112 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### data update finished 

I just fired up kodi again and tried myself, same results on the newest install and got aborted due to fetch failures message on older 16.5 install.

For petes sake, just when I thought all was well, hopefully the auto refreshes carry on ok despite the manual updates not going properly
Could various country.db problems be related to various countries?

I think selecting RESET in the configuration file instructs the addon to delete country.db as well as nextaired.db it then tries to recreate both files using information from your kodi installation as well as TVDB. It may be different countries or different versions of the addon have different problems getting the correct information from TVDB . On my system, selecting  RESET and update now will not recreate the country.db but fail with similar errors as above  in the kodi.log. If I copy a saved country.db to the userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired/ folder and leave it go all will update after a bit. However, from reading other posts that claim selecting RESET fixes things but date are wrong and  I suspect the differences may have to do with countries on the TVDB.  

joe,
USA
@mwkurt Hi Mark, can you ask within tvdb to have a look at their countries/stations database, perhaps some reindexing will help?

Or perhaps the country.db used to be provided as a zip file, and is no longer due to api update. Perhaps due to similar naming problems as before (en.zip.xml instead of en.xml)... 

That would explain a lot.

My current theory: 
If data is resetted, then country.db gets deleted. Starting a first update run tries to build country.db, but it fails in doing so, no country.db is created, but the shows themselves are parsed. At a second update run, the add-on expects an existing country.db, but since it has not been created this  update fails. Error log says "file is not a zip file". Whatever file this refers to, I dunno.
This theory still lacks some coherency, I know, because a manually placed country.db does not fix it.
I am no coder, just a desperate user of an orphaned add-on...
Romanes eunt domus
(2019-12-07, 14:32)skippr Wrote: M@mwkurt Hi Mark, can you ask within tvdb to have a look at their countries/stations database, perhaps some reindexing will help?

Or perhaps the country.db used to be provided as a zip file, and is no longer due to api update. Perhaps due to similar naming problems as before (en.zip.xml instead of en.xml)... 

That would explain a lot.

My current theory: 
If data is resetted, then country.db gets deleted. Starting a first update run tries to build country.db, but it fails in doing so, no country.db is created, but the shows themselves are parsed. At a second update run, the add-on expects an existing country.db, but since it has not been created this  update fails. Error log says "file is not a zip file". Whatever file this refers to, I dunno.
This theory still lacks some coherency, I know, because a manually placed country.db does not fix it.
I am no coder, just a desperate user of an orphaned add-on...
You may be right...

I am not a coder either , but looking at the default.py there is a section that checks and replaces country.db  if it is more than 7 days old.  
I used the linux touch command  "touch country.db"  to give it the current date and time. 

On the system I used this method, I walked away and came back later and went into the TV SHOW Next Aired  that was previously empty and it had populated with upcoming shows. I think the addon will wait  a certain amount of time and try to create a nextaired.db providing it finds a   good country.db ( less than 7 days old) .  If this is correct, it's possible a person could think the addon was fixed, but after the time expires and it deletes country.db the addon fails again. However that does not explain the posts that using RESET fixes the addon but the dates are wrong.

I really like this addon, and although abandoned, it may  be able to get enough clues to get it fixed.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8