• 46(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
(2019-12-07, 15:39)Pajoe Wrote: However that does not explain the posts that using RESET fixes the addon but the dates are wrong.

After a reset the country.db is deleted, therefore the dates are wrong / not geospecific. That's how I understand it, and it makes sense. 
As soon as I copy a country.db in the user data folder, alls dates are correct. For me, at least. 

Thinking about this, the country.db seems to be a problem for quite some time. I deleted the whole kodi some months ago, and after installing from scratch I wondered why some shows in the add-on are displayed 1 day too early. No having a country.db again - thanks to alphaomega16 - all shows are listed at the correct date. So I assume that I have operated without a country.db for months. Despite the premature date for some shows everything was working. 

Why the forced update fails if it's not directly following a reset... I can't get my head around it. 

But on the other hand, this add-on does not necessarily need a frequent update, and since everything is stable apart from the re-update function, I can live with the situation.
Romanes eunt domus
on edit: removing nextaired.db and restarting kodi causes my systems to update upcoming show information. I thought I needed to keep a country.db up to date but it works without it. If I use Reset Data from the configuration file I get errors
(2019-12-07, 17:46)skippr Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 15:39)Pajoe Wrote: However that does not explain the posts that using RESET fixes the addon but the dates are wrong.

After a reset the country.db is deleted, therefore the dates are wrong / not geospecific. That's how I understand it, and it makes sense. 
As soon as I copy a country.db in the user data folder, alls dates are correct. For me, at least. 

Thinking about this, the country.db seems to be a problem for quite some time. I deleted the whole kodi some months ago, and after installing from scratch I wondered why some shows in the add-on are displayed 1 day too early. No having a country.db again - thanks to alphaomega16 - all shows are listed at the correct date. So I assume that I have operated without a country.db for months. Despite the premature date for some shows everything was working. 

Why the forced update fails if it's not directly following a reset... I can't get my head around it. 

But on the other hand, this add-on does not necessarily need a frequent update, and since everything is stable apart from the re-update function, I can live with the situation.    
on edit:

I tried using a country.db from October 2017 and it updated the upcoming shows , so then I tried deleting country.db and as you said, it still updated after a restart.  Times may be off, I am not sure. The only thing that does not work on any of my systems is the RESET all Data now. All  our kodi installations seem to be working. I do not intend to try the RESET option any time soon. Also, deleting nextaired.db and restarting kodi does force an update after a restart.
country.db was used by the 6.x version

see https://github.com/WayneD/script.tv.show...country.db

you can use DB Browser for SQLite to view and edit the .db files - https://sqlitebrowser.org/

Having not really looked at the code, I am guessing this was probable using this zip file

http://www.thetvdb.com/api/***APIKEY***/...all/en.zip and maybe a hack using tzinfo for your location - probably why your times are shifted

I use 7.x of next aired - I had to fix some issues in skin I used (personal mod estuary) to display all the data but it works.

Sometimes I won't get or loose data for "yesterday" in the 14+1 view
Since this morning I've been able to use the **Reset all** data option and it works every time without any errors. I can also use the "Update the TV information now" feature and that too works. However, I no longer see my "Episodes Airing Today" widget on any of the skins I have tried, which would include Aeon Nox Silvo, Aeon MQ7, 8 and Amber, so I am not sure if this is progress on the TheTVDB end or not. Huh

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock On my Rapier Skin the "Episodes Airing Today" widget is visible. But I still can't forceupdate. Are you in Version 7, or 6 as I am?
Romanes eunt domus
@mgonzales I cannot install V 7.0.1 on my Kodi 17.6. Do you know if that's possible at all? I try to avoid updating to Kodi 18 because it does not run so well on my FireTV 2nd gen.
Romanes eunt domus
(2019-12-08, 22:33)skippr Wrote: @shedrock On my Rapier Skin the "Episodes Airing Today" widget is visible. But I still can't forceupdate. Are you in Version 7, or 6 as I am?
I am on v6. I try to stay away from anything that's not from Kodi's official repo.

Regards,

Shedrock

EDIT: @skippr - Hmm...you're right. I just tried the Rapier skin and I am on TVShow Next Aired v.6 and it does indeed work. Maybe @Karellen might know why that is, or @Gade ?

(2019-12-07, 02:08)skippr Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 01:39)MrGonzo Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 00:55)alphaomega16 Wrote:  
Are you able to update your data for a second time?

I still have to reset all data first in order to update, otherwise the log shows 
Yes Ive been able to update a few times now ( to test). I waited this whole thing out a few days, and the bugs/errors must of been fixed; because suddenly it just started working....but only after I did a full refresh and update did it start working normally again. Just make sure you have the latest TVDB scrapper update.
(2019-12-08, 23:43)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 22:33)skippr Wrote: @shedrock On my Rapier Skin the "Episodes Airing Today" widget is visible. But I still can't forceupdate. Are you in Version 7, or 6 as I am?
I am on v6. I try to stay away from anything that's not from Kodi's official repo.

Regards,

Shedrock

EDIT: @skippr - Hmm...you're right. I just tried the Rapier skin and I am on TVShow Next Aired v.6 and it does indeed work. Maybe @Karellen might know why that is, or @Gade ?

Oh that skin looks cool, might have to take a peek at that.

Edit
I did actually download that one, didn't like any of the views for library, couldn't get any banners to download for some of the TV shows either.
Nope, still does not work for me... 
Add-on deleted and v6 installed from scratch, tvdbscraper uptodate...
No country.db is created, a secondary update still fails  Huh
Romanes eunt domus
I wonder if TheTVDB will ever get this resolved. They don't even post any updates as to what progress is being made.
I continue to get errors when running the Next Aired addon.  If I uninstall it, re-install, reset to defaults and rescan, then it'll work initially.  But everytime after that, it attempts to "Get country.db" then fails.  I believe I'm getting the .zip error in my logs.  What has worked for everyone else in getting this fixed?

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/cadedebafi.kodi
@ehammer85 This has not been solved for me either, same situation as you. 

I am humbly happy that it works at all, and reset the data every week, to get the latest info. 
Resetting all data and then updating works for me, I don't have to uninstall/re-install the add-on.
And I manually add a copy of country.db after every reset to the user data folder.
Romanes eunt domus
(2019-12-20, 21:14)skippr Wrote: @ehammer85 This has not been solved for me either, same situation as you. 

I am humbly happy that it works at all, and reset the data every week, to get the latest info. 
Resetting all data and then updating works for me, I don't have to uninstall/re-install the add-on.
And I manually add a copy of country.db after every reset to the user data folder.

how important is that country.db file? does it just get automatically created?  does that file need to be in <...kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.tv.show.next.aired>? or somewhere else?
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8