• 51(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
(2020-02-08, 21:42)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-02-08, 20:03)thezoggy Wrote: set your logging level to debug and please share that version 
Here is my debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/okuvucubin.kodi

Thanks,

Shedrock  

per your logs you are using kodi 18.4, and wow you have a lot of addons installed.
Looking I see that some shows work just fine, but died on 'BBC Documentaries' // http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79660
What stands out as special is that it has 7 networks... so perhaps the script never was updated to handle that (use last/latest network).

when I get some time I'll have to add the show and test, should* be an easy fix if this is the case
(2020-02-09, 01:48)thezoggy Wrote: per your logs you are using kodi 18.4, and wow you have a lot of addons installed.
Looking I see that some shows work just fine, but died on 'BBC Documentaries' // http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79660
What stands out as special is that it has 7 networks... so perhaps the script never was updated to handle that (use last/latest network).

when I get some time I'll have to add the show and test, should* be an easy fix if this is the case 
Exactly what this version of the script is doing is exactly what the original next aired script did. It fails at BBC Documentaries, and if I remove that, it then fails at many, many more series until I reach the letter Z.

Also, those addons are only on my Windows PC test Kodi install. My LibreELEC setup is minimal in comparison. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-02-09, 03:23)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-02-09, 01:48)thezoggy Wrote: per your logs you are using kodi 18.4, and wow you have a lot of addons installed.

Exactly what this version of the script is doing is exactly what the original next aired script did. It fails at BBC Documentaries, and if I remove that, it then fails at many, many more series until I reach the letter Z.

Also, those addons are only on my Windows PC test Kodi install. My LibreELEC setup is minimal in comparison. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock 
yes, I did not touch this part of the script (with the exception of changing the base tvdb urls from http to https and adding the www subdomain since thats what they prefer now).
(2020-02-07, 08:55)thezoggy Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 08:20)thezoggy Wrote:
(2020-02-05, 16:04)bobrap Wrote: And these updated versions can be found where?  Thanks for the updates!

I forked the original plugin and made changes there and submitted them to the upstream. Maybe wayne will pull them in but probably not since it looks like he last touched it half a decade ago.
I discovered one issue with the change I made, I need to fix real quick (since I moved the country.db to be included)   
Actually was much easier than planned, alright quickly tested and all appears well.
Updated pull requests to: https://github.com/WayneD/script.tv.show...ired/pulls

Now about just installing my latest version manually, here you go:
http://zoggy.net/script.tv.show.next.aired-6.0.17.zip

This version is designed for Krypton/Leia. It will not work on 19.x due to it not being supported in python3.

I would remove the old version then re-install with the new version.
I noticed that I had to do this when you changed an addons dependency as those don't get re-done (might just be if you change the addon.xml but not the version though).
Goes without saying, you should backup your stuff in case Smile

The current country.db you have is probably outdated, this updated addon will clean up this user country.db as it now uses the included country.db.
The fanarttv integration works again, if you rely on their service you should really donate to them and get your own api key and update your settings.
As most likely the included apikey will eventually stop working (which it did awhile ago.. but at least now you have a way to update it without waiting on a new release).

Let me know if you run into any issues, I've been using it for the past week on a few of my devices without any problems. 

This is working flawlessly for me. Thanks!
I have tried everything.......it just does not fully work.
If I add 1 or all of these titles:

Monty Python's Flying Circus
The Prisoner
The Twilight Zone...............the 1960's original

It throws an error and quits...........
Can this be fixed?

Thanks
(2020-02-13, 03:21)melons2 Wrote: I have tried everything.......it just does not fully work.

The Prisoner

Can this be fixed?

Thanks
I have all three of those shows and the corrected script works flawlessly for me. I use a third party media manager (Media Center Master) to scan my shows before I add them to my library. Perhaps you need to clear the metadata for those shows ans rescan them and add them back to the library.
(2020-02-13, 17:52)8luedevil Wrote:
(2020-02-13, 03:21)melons2 Wrote: I have tried everything.......it just does not fully work.

The Prisoner

Can this be fixed?

Thanks
I have all three of those shows and the corrected script works flawlessly for me. I use a third party media manager (Media Center Master) to scan my shows before I add them to my library. Perhaps you need to clear the metadata for those shows ans rescan them and add them back to the library.  
Thanks for the idea.........I will give it a go!
Thanks

The above failed........?
I wonder what's causing this
(2020-02-13, 22:46)melons2 Wrote:
(2020-02-13, 17:52)8luedevil Wrote:

The Prisoner

Can this be fixed?

Thanks
Thanks

Since the script works for me with the same three shows in my library, it makes me think it is not a problem with the script but the metadata you have for those shows.

Are you using Kodi to scan them or using a third party media manager to scan the metadata and them scan that into Kodi library?
@thezoggy , thank you so much for updating this addon to Leia.  I am running under Windows 10 and I am also getting the "invalid argument" error from dateutil.  What can you do, given that this appears to be, as per the python issue you referenced a few posts back, a Windows-only problem? I wish I knew what in particular of any show is that causes this, so that then perhaps you could add some logic to avoid the error, or at least keep going with the next show when doing an update.  In my case, the first show it stops with is "Bewitched".  Unfortunately, once the addon throws the error, it stops processing.

Please let me know how I could help more, or what additional information you would like to help track down and ifx this issue.  I really would like to help find a solution, since, as it stands right now, this version of the addon is unusable to me.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
First off A Big Thanks to you all for your hard work and input
I think i have found the problem with some testing of my own on script.tv.show.next.aired-6.0.17
first off i am running Win 10 pro 64bit with Kodi v18.5 "Leia" i use the TVDB scraper for my TV shows (which i would rather use over Kodi default scraper)

Now this were the problem lies tv.show.next.aired-6.0.17 stop at Doctor Who (1963) so i removed it from my library &  did a clean library scan then re scan it to my library  start a new next aired scan but still stop at Doctor Who so i removed it from my library again & did a clean library scan.

Start a new next aired scan then it stop at Duck Dodgers (2003)  so i remove it from library then i did a clean library scan & changed Duck Dodgers to the default Kodi scraper & then did a Next Aired scan again which work until it got to Hogans Heroes

So my guess is the Next Aired does not like some of the TVDB scraper info so it crashes  it

Hope this helps towards a fix
(2020-02-15, 19:33)8luedevil Wrote:
(2020-02-13, 22:46)melons2 Wrote:
(2020-02-13, 17:52)8luedevil Wrote: I have all three of those shows and the corrected script works flawlessly for me. I use a third party media manager (Media Center Master) to scan my shows before I add them to my library. Perhaps you need to clear the metadata for those shows ans rescan them and add them back to the library.   
Thanks

Since the script works for me with the same three shows in my library, it makes me think it is not a problem with the script but the metadata you have for those shows.

Are you using Kodi to scan them or using a third party media manager to scan the metadata and them scan that into Kodi library?  
@RoadKill69 

and I are having the same problem. I have tried all you suggested, scanned with many different 3rd party scanners, scanned with only KODI after removing nfo's and removing and cleaning library. If I  remove them and everything is fine.
My last attempt was to clean out everything but the video files in my three error shows: (Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Prisoner & The Twilight Zone) and re-add them to the library using only KODI's "The Movie Database" scanner and again failure ............it's something else, others are having the same problem.
These shows had no problems before latest update........they worked.

Thanks.....I hope there is a solution!
I am very confused as to why this script is not working for many people. I know that TheTVDB had, and is probably still having issues. However, this script works for me just as it did before all of the API changes over at TheTVDB. The problem I believe is that many of you, (and I could be wrong) are using modified versions of the addon. For instance, I am using the version from the Kodi repo with Aeon Nox SiLvo, Amber and Aeon MQ7 (Latt's mod) and I have absolutely no issues. The only issue I have is if a new TV Series is airing, or a new season of a TV series already in my library, but then most of the times it just seems to work. Here are some pics below to show that mine does indeed work. I also threw in my Sonarr calendar to show that it matches.

ImageImageImage

Hope this helps.

Shedrock
(2020-02-16, 21:21)shedrock Wrote: I am very confused as to why this script is not working for many people. I know that TheTVDB had, and is probably still having issues. However, this script works for me just as it did before all of the API changes over at TheTVDB. The problem I believe is that many of you, (and I could be wrong) are using modified versions of the addon. For instance, I am using the version from the Kodi repo with Aeon Nox SiLvo, Amber and Aeon MQ7 (Latt's mod) and I have absolutely no issues. The only issue I have is if a new TV Series is airing, or a new season of a TV series already in my library, but then most of the times it just seems to work. Here are some pics below to show that mine does indeed work. I also threw in my Sonarr calendar to show that it matches.

ImageImageImage

Hope this helps.

Shedrock

Which version number? 6.?
(2020-02-17, 03:08)melons2 Wrote: Which version number? 6.? 
v.6.0.15
(2020-02-16, 21:21)shedrock Wrote: I am very confused as to why this script is not working for many people. I know that TheTVDB had, and is probably still having issues. However, this script works for me just as it did before all of the API changes over at TheTVDB. The problem I believe is that many of you, (and I could be wrong) are using modified versions of the addon. For instance, I am using the version from the Kodi repo with Aeon Nox SiLvo, Amber and Aeon MQ7 (Latt's mod) and I have absolutely no issues. The only issue I have is if a new TV Series is airing, or a new season of a TV series already in my library, but then most of the times it just seems to work. Here are some pics below to show that mine does indeed work. I also threw in my Sonarr calendar to show that it matches.

ImageImageImage

Hope this helps.

Shedrock

the script has always worked for me as well (excluding the leia compatibility changes).

the upgrade to leia required the string compare fixes to make that happy.
the country.db generation has been broken since tvdb v2 days (which is awhile ago). but lots of us just had existing country.db
the country.db is only used to do the timezone offset, which most people wont really see the benefit unless they are watching stuff from other region.
the fanart.tv apikey not working probably didnt affect most as by now we all have other methods of kodi getting metadata (or rely on 3rd party apps outside of kodi).

so you can see that for lots of people, the script 'works' enough as the things that are silently broken go somewhat unnoticed.

fast forward to v6.0.17
country.db generation works again and the generated file is included (saving the need for each user to scrape tvdb for data)
included dateutil lib is now switched to kodi script repo, which means newer timezone data is used (timezone rules do change).
updated apikey for fanart (and ability to override your own).
removed stale and unused artwork downloader/tvrage (reduce addon size/offset country.db inclusion).

none of these changes have anything really to do with tvdb download/updating of data.

the one change I did include was switching the tvdb _get_update_info from .zip to .xml ( https://www.thetvdb.com/api/xxx/updates/...month>.xml )
(which is just the scripts way to know if a series has new data and to try and pull down updated series info)
which just means that since the v3 nov update this endpoint was broken and lots of people just have some stale info for any existing shows

I saw someone started a rewrite of the addon (7.x) so it used tvdb v3 api.. so maybe that will fix things for people.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8