• 72(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
@rafikW 
Two things:

- make sure you are using the latest version of The TVdb API V2 from github.   1.0.34

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...le.thetvdb

Comment out the lines again if you have to update it.  @Angelinas fixed a couple things recently.  BTW the V4 addon is the info scraper and is not used by Next Aired.  My apologies if you already understand this.

- You can also try removing the series from your library.  You can always add it in again.
@mr.igor I am on Nexus by the way if that makes any of a difference
@gemini88 

ahhhhh, "Nexus", lessee here.  Get out the google:  probably not the border agreement between Canada & the USofA.

Must be that gaming mod thingamadoodle

Nope. I am such an ancient nerd I don't do that stuff. Took me forever to learn how to use a VT100 instead of an ASR33 teletype.  Also I am an anti social person so I really don't do social media.  My dog barely tolerates me.

8->
1. Downloaded and installed TVDB API V2 1.0.34 from github https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...le.thetvdb
2. Added lines
xml:
self._log_msg("Exception in get_series_data_tz %s--> " % (showdetails))
        result = {}
just after
xml:
def _map_series_data(self, showdetails):
3. Commented lines:
xml:
#if cast:
#for count, item in enumerate(cast):
#if count < 4:
#result["cast.%s.tvdbname" % count] = item["name"]
#result["cast.%s.tvdbrole" % count] = item["role"]
#result["cast.%s.tvdbthumb" % count] = "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/%s" % item["image"]
following https://github.com/kodi-community-addons.../issues/11
4. Restarted Odroid-N2. After restart launched add-on. Results:

1. One big green screen:
on which it is not possible to navigate - buttons on TV remote when pressed do nothing.
2. In kodi log:
xml:

2023-01-07 18:19:50.809 T:4035     INFO <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Initialized
2023-01-07 18:19:50.843 T:4035     INFO <general>: script.tv.show.next.aired --> Updating TheTVDB info for all continuing Kodi tv shows...
2023-01-07 18:19:52.977 T:4035     INFO <general>: script.tv.show.next.aired --> Retrieving next airing episodes for all continuing Kodi tv shows...
2023-01-07 18:19:56.615 T:4035     INFO <general>: script.tv.show.next.aired --> Update complete
2023-01-07 18:19:56.619 T:4035     INFO <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Exited
2023-01-07 18:19:56.619 T:4035     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(12, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py): script successfully run
2023-01-07 18:19:57.002 T:4035     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2023-01-07 18:19:57.606 T:3987     INFO <general>: VPN Mgr : (service.py) VPN connected to Poland using /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/NordVPN/Poland.ovpn
2023-01-07 18:20:13.610 T:3901    ERROR <general>: ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script /storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.mypicsdb2/../plugin.image.mypicsdb2/scanpath.py
2023-01-07 18:20:25.600 T:4174     INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2023-01-07 18:20:26.221 T:4174     INFO <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Initialized
2023-01-07 18:20:28.377 T:3901     INFO <general>: Loading skin file: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/resources/skins/Default/1080i/script-NextAired-TVGuide1.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
2023-01-07 18:20:28.484 T:4174    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'IndexError'>
                                                   Error Contents: list index out of range
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/resources/lib/next_aired_dialog.py", line 48, in onInit
                                                       self.set_properties()
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/resources/lib/next_aired_dialog.py", line 99, in set_properties
                                                       self.listitems[ndx].append(listitem)
                                                   IndexError: list index out of range
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

The same result in xonfluence skin as well as in default Estury skin.
@rafikW 
The screen and the error are what you get if the week is configured to start on Monday.  

Change the Next Aired settings to start the week on "Today"
@rafikW 
I really appreciate the way you provide detailed and complete information.  Long distance Q&A troubleshooting/debugging is very difficult when there is uncertainty.

You are very close to getting it working.
(2023-01-07, 19:32)rafikW Wrote: 1. Downloaded and installed TVDB API V2 1.0.34 from github https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...le.thetvdb
some changes....from your log
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...a18043677f

and add condition when tvshow don't have cast.

Code:
if not "data" in cast:

download and install from zip
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...master.zip
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2023-01-07, 19:44)mr.igor Wrote: @rafikW 
The screen and the error are what you get if the week is configured to start on Monday.  

Change the Next Aired settings to start the week on "Today"
Something is happening...
When I changed setting as you suggested and selected the option "**Reset all data** and update the TV information now" the following window appeared:

"Please wait while we refresh all data in the cache, this can take a while..."

so I'm waiting already 5 minutes... progress bar is not moving forward :-(
but in the log there are the following entries:

html:

2023-01-07 18:55:16.360 T:9229     INFO <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Exception in get_series_data_tz {'id': 411061, 'seriesId': '', 'seriesName': 'A Thousand Fangs', 'aliases': ['A Thousand Fangs (2021)'], 'season': '1', 'poster': 'v4/series/411061/posters/61843b7c8e573.jpg', 'banner': '', 'fanart': '', 'status': 'Continuing', 'firstAired': '2021-10-28', 'network': 'HBO Max', 'networkId': '1334', 'runtime': '46', 'language': 'en', 'genre': ['Action', 'Adventure', 'Drama', 'Horror', 'Mystery', 'Thriller', 'War'], 'overview': 'The story of an elite commando on a mission, deep in the jungle, trying to find and destroy a powerful and mysterious leader.\r\n\r\n', 'lastUpdated': 1642164035, 'airsDayOfWeek': 'Thursday', 'airsTime': '3:00 AM', 'rating': None, 'imdbId': 'tt9701670', 'zap2itId': '', 'added': '2021-10-07 05:05:51', 'addedBy': 2346196, 'siteRating': 0, 'siteRatingCount': 0, 'slug': 'mil-colmillos'}-->

2023-01-07 18:55:36.523 T:9229    ERROR <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Exception in get_data --> ReadTimeout(ReadTimeoutError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.thetvdb.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=20)"))

2023-01-07 18:56:10.851 T:9229    ERROR <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Exception in get_data --> SSLError(MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.thetvdb.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /series/386630/images/query?keyType=poster (Caused by SSLError(SSLEOFError(8, 'EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:1131)')))"))

2023-01-07 18:57:37.755 T:9229     INFO <general>: script.tv.show.next.aired --> Retrieving next airing episodes for all continuing Kodi tv shows...

so I'm pretty sure in couple of minutes it should be completed...

[EDIT] It works! Guys, you are the best!
Let me write down short information for other people who would like to use TV Show Next Aired Addon

1. Install TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon version 8.0.3. I have had installed it from Marcelveldt BETA repository: https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...arcelveldt
2. Install latest The TVDB API V2 version 1.0.34 from github: https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...le.thetvdb
3. Open using Notepad++ /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.thetvdb/libthetvdb.py and add the following lines:
python:
        result = {}
just after the line 532 so it looks like this:
python:

def _map_series_data(self, showdetails):
        result = {}
        '''maps the tvdb data to more kodi compatible format'''
remember to not use TAB but spaces at the beginning of lines number 533 and 534

4. Open TV Show Next Aired Addon's settings and change the first option
"Start the TV Guide week based on Today instead of Monday" so it is set
and change "Number of next-aired days to include in the TV Guide from default 15 days to 13 - then you have all 13 days on one screen without a need to scroll down.
5. Run the last action in the settings: "**Reset all data** and update the TV information now" and be patient. Depending on number of series in your library it might takes number of minutes until it is completed.

In case you would get nothing navigate to Kodi.log and find which series cause issue. In my case it was:
html:
2023-01-07 15:36:46.421 T:32500 INFO <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Exception in get_series_data_tz {'id': 257579, 'seriesId': '', 'seriesName': 'Magia Wielkiego Blekitu', 'aliases': [], 'season': '1', 'poster': 'posters/257579-1.jpg', 'banner': 'graphical/257579-g.jpg', 'fanart': '', 'status': 'Ended', 'firstAired': '', 'network': '', 'networkId': '', 'runtime': '1', 'language': 'en', 'genre': ['Documentary', 'Mini-Series'], 'overview': None, 'lastUpdated': 1617375008, 'airsDayOfWeek': '', 'airsTime': '', 'rating': None, 'imdbId': '', 'zap2itId': '', 'added': '2012-03-27 02:38:23', 'addedBy': 61565, 'siteRating': 9, 'siteRatingCount': 60, 'slug': 'magia-wielkiego-blekitu'}-->
2023-01-07 15:36:46.421 T:32500 WARNING <general>: script.tv.show.next.aired --> Exception in resources.lib.main_module ! --> local variable 'local' referenced before assignment 2023-01-07 15:36:46.432 T:32500 INFO <general>: script.module.thetvdb --> Exited

Just remove this series from your library, run "clean library" action in Media-Library and repeat action 5.
Good luck.
@rafikW 

A complete scan of my library takes 55 minutes.
@Angelinas 

Thank you for this.  I will test it out later today.
@rafikW 
Note that @Angelinas has just done another commit which I think fixes the "cast" problem.  Line numbers can change with code updates so be aware.
(2023-01-07, 20:37)mr.igor Wrote: @rafikW 
Note that @Angelinas has just done another commit which I think fixes the "cast" problem.  Line numbers can change with code updates so be aware.
Yes, noted... just in progress with checking and of course will update my post above with appropriate lines numbers...
I'm a little bit confused.
Now the lines 545-550 (after added lines 533 and 534) are looking like this:

python:

if not "data" in cast:
                for count, item in enumerate(cast):
                    if count < 4:
                        result["cast.%s.tvdbname" % count] = item["name"]
                        result["cast.%s.tvdbrole" % count] = item["role"]
                        result["cast.%s.tvdbthumb" % count] = "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/%s" % item["image"]

Should these lines to be commented or not?

[EDIT] I have left lines 545-550 not commented as it is originally. Then I have added the series which caused the issue for me, scrapped it to the library and then ran again TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon. It has opened so I think it is not needed to comment lines 545-550.
Not to be a buzz kill but there is still a threatened shutdown of the API used by Next Aired.  TheTVDB have been very clear about December 2022 being the absolute final deadline for legacy APIs; when everybody experienced the same outage at the same time on Dec 27 I thought that was it.   

Turns out Next Aired's death was exaggerated but there is no guarantee the shutdown won't happen.

I am trying to get an answer about this but TheTVdb forum no longer exists and they have a huge backlog of support tickets.

Maybe they are too busy to get around to changing things.
@rafikW  Should be left in unless the error persists.  You just have to try it with the lines left in and let us know the result.

@Angelinas is checking data exists before trying to use it.  I don't understand the data or python enough to fully explain it.

[EDIT] Thanks for the update!
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8