Release Gameone.de AddOn
UPDATE 25.12.2014: As most of you probably heard already, the TV show GameOne has finally come to an end. This also means that I will stop developing this AddOn. However, the production company behind the show (Rocket Beans) doesn't want to (and hopefully won't) stop producing similar content. But they could use your help, so please check out their website: http://www.rocketbeans.tv

If there will be the possibility of a Kodi AddOn with their new format I will gladly develop one.

IMPORTANT: After consulting membrane, the original author of the addon, we decided to use the original plugin ID (plugin.video.gameone) in the future. If you have installed the old version (prior 29.03.2014), you need to uninstall the old version and install the new one. Otherwise you won't receive updates once the AddOn has been added to the official XBMC repo.

Since membrane's gameone.de AddOn hasn't received any updates in a while I decided to fork it and change some things.

Description:
This is an AddOn for the website of the German TV show "Gameone". You can watch TV episodes, blog- and playtube videos as well as listen to their podcasts.

Changes in comparison to membrane's AddOn:
- Rewrote large parts of the code
- Browse TV Episodes by year (up until now only episodes of the current year were shown)
- Only blog posts with embedded videos are listed, multiple videos in one post are possible
- Podcasts have a coherent name now
- Quality selection for the video stream

Changelog:
Code:
2.0.7 (12.10.2014)
- Fixed some episodes not being scraped porperly

2.0.6 (22.08.2014)
- Fixed crashes caused by the last update

2.0.5 (21.08.2014)
- Removed Playtube category for now
- Fixed blog category thumbnails
- Fixed blog videos not playing
- Improved playback for some videos

2.0.4 (19.08.2014)
- Fixed TV category again

2.0.3 (15.08.2014)
- Fixed selection of a wrong resolution in some cases

2.0.2 (07.08.2014)
- Fixed TV category not showing anything (thanks to fluse)

2.0.1 (31.03.2014)
- Several bugfixes

2.0.0 (29.03.2014)
- Fixed playback for Windows
- Added preferred video quality selection in settings
- Further code rewrite

1.1.0 (15.02.2014)
- Fixed browsing for blog posts with multiple pages
- Added basic logging

1.0.0 (14.02.2014)
- Code cleanup
- Browse TV episodes by year
- Fixed blog entries (now only posts with videos will be shown)

Source:
https://github.com/liquex/gameone.de-on-XBMC

Download:
AddOn can be found in the official XBMC.org repository although there may be more recent versions on GitHub at times.

Feel free to report errors and ideas for improvement. Please don't forget to include the xbmc.log with debugging turned on so I can reproduce the error.
I just installed it, everything seems to play fine. thx alot Smile
Before I install this:
I fixed membranes plugin to play and some blog-entries on gameone have a next page link like this one:
http://www.gameone.de/blog/2014/2/knallh...on-s-souls

Do you have a next page link as well for that?

It's a simple
Code:
match_next=re.compile('<a class="forwards" href="(.+?)"').findall(link)
for naechste_seite in match_next:
                 addDir('Nächste Seite',naechste_seite,8,name,fan)
in membranes plugin under def VIDEOLINKS_BLOG(url,name,fan):#8
(2014-02-15, 16:50)Phobos666 Wrote: Do you have a next page link as well for that?

Not yet, I will add it though. Since I basically rewrote the blog scraping I also need to change your code slightly. At the moment posts containing only one video will get linked directly, only posts with multiple videos will be listed as directory. But it still should be relatively easy to implement.

The whole code is still messy imo (for example I don't like the whole navigation part), but as long as it works I'm fine with it. I'll probably do a complete rewrite as soon as I got some skills in OOP, but time is scarce at the moment.

Edit: So your request was quick to implement, I updated the GitHub files. Feel free to check it out (you can install this AddOn alongside membrane's if you want to).
Thanks for the update. Using your plugin now.
Nice! Works wonderful.

Could you create a repository plugin to update the gameone plugin via xbmc?
(2014-03-03, 13:57)schwabelbauch Wrote: Nice! Works wonderful.

Could you create a repository plugin to update the gameone plugin via xbmc?

It's currently in the xbmcnerds repo. I'll probably set up my own or try to get it into the official xbmc.org repo though.
First of all: thanks for your work!

Problem: All the videos seem to work but then stop (without error message) after ~2 minutes. TV- as well as blog-videos.
I'm running XBMC 12.3 on Windows 8.1.
It runs fine with XBMC 12.3 and 13 beta1 on Linux
This is an issue exclusive to Windows and since I'm using Linux I didn't notice it. It has already been reported to me, so I will start working on it as soon as possible.
Thanks for the info, looking forward to the update.
I just updated the files in the GitHub repo, feel free to test it. I also added a setting for the preferred video quality and rewrote a lot of the code again. I would be glad about reports if everything is working now. If there are no further errors I will look into getting the addon in the official XBMC repo.

Please note that the plugin has a new ID as mentioned in the parent post, you should uninstall the old one first.
Works fine, thx very much Smile
I don't know why it wouldn't install correctly from the ZIP-file, even if I uninstalled the old plugin first. It looked as if the old one was installed over and over again. However, replacing the files manually worked and the plugin does now too. Nod
Thanks a lot!
(2014-04-09, 09:31)HanFred Wrote: I don't know why it wouldn't install correctly from the ZIP-file, even if I uninstalled the old plugin first. It looked as if the old one was installed over and over again. However, replacing the files manually worked and the plugin does now too. Nod
Thanks a lot!

As far as I know XBMC keeps a copy of all the previously installed zip files. If you try to install one with the same name as a cached one, it will use the cached file. I have no idea if it's the full picture and why this is, but it's the behaviour I noticed.

Possible workarounds are either deleting the cached zip files, renaming the file you try to install or of course your way. Please use "plugin.video.gameone" as directory though, not "plugin.video.gameone-fork".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gameone.de AddOn1