Android XBMC Help
Hey ,

I am a B.TECH student from Jaypee Institute of Information Technology ,Noida,India. I am well versed with Native android developement and have been developing applications from long time.While searching for an organisation I could contribute too I found XBMC,Media Center and was very much interested in XBMC Remote for Android .I have forked the android client code base from GitHub to take a look at the code and get a feeling of how the app runs.

I have been developing applications using Java and on wiki page of xbmc I see C/C++ programmers are needed. Though I have little bit of knowledge of apps written in C/C++ and also familiar with NDK. So being a java programmer can i contribute to the XBMC android app or should I first gather some knowledge of C/C++ written apps ??

Also when i see the code its all written in java so where does the C/C++ comes in?

I would be very much obliged if someone can answer my questions and guide me through the code as i am fascinated by the whole idea of XBMC.

Regards,
Sarthak Mehrish
Android Developer
The Android remote is, most likely, almost entirely java. C++ is really only necessary if you are developing for the main XBMC application itself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Help0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.