Win EPG Programme pictures
Hi,

I use a programme to insert xmltv data into my WMC EPG. For some of the programmes the xmltv data includes images. When I scroll through the EPG in WMC, these pictures appear in a small window on the screen. Too avoid confusion I am not talking about live images, theses images are from the xmltv data. These images do not appear when I am using the XBMC epg. Is this a current limitation of the plugin or do I have to change a setting somewhere? If it matters, I am using Aeon Nox skin.

Thanks
There should be support for what WMC calls the "GuideImage". If it finds one, ServerWMC will grab the "ImageUIrl" property of the GuideImage object, and will then send that back to XBMC as the "strIconPath" property on EPG entries.

There are 2 server WMC settings that can influence this however the default values of them should mean that image URL are included already.
IsIgnoringEpgImages needs to be set to false
UseImageList will cache images per program title and use the same image again whenever this program is found even if WMC didnt have the image associated

But I dont think these would be your problem, as it's unlikely that you edited the config file by hand and changed these settings.

At a guess I wonder whether your data doesnt actually have the "ImageURL" filled out on the WMC side, therefore we dont find anything to send across. Other thing could be whether the skin you're using actually uses the image data if it's present...

To debug this, we need to get a verbose log of "GetEntries" callback. Edit the config file and change LogReplyMessages to true then restart ServerWMC. Load XBMC (which will kick off GetEntries calls for each channel) then upload the ServerWMC log to pastebin. This will show us what field is getting sent across as the imageURL (if anything is). From there we can know what to do next

If you have heaps of channels/recordings then you might want to set LogReplyMessages back to false again otherwise your log files will have heaps of verbose stuff in them for all of the auto refreshed channel/recordings/EPG queries
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I assume that when this program inserts images they show up in wmc's guide right? If so, check a program in xbmc that doesn't have an image and see if it doesn't have an image in wmc.

Like scarecrow says, we wrote the add-on so that the standard program images that wmc uses are exported to xbmc. These images are web urls. If the images your program gets are stored locally, and assuming swmc is finding them (and I assume it would if wmc is using them), it will just export the file paths to xbmc. If your client is remote these paths won'g work. Is the client a remote machine?

It would be good to get info about this, because if that's the problem we could export these images to external clients like we do with channel icons. Its just that up to now we have only worried seen web urls.

What's the program btw?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hi,

Thanks for the replies and apologies for not responding sooner.

Yes Krusty, the images show up on WMC's guide. No images at all appear on XBMC's guide. Thinking about it, I do not think the images are stored locally, but I may be wrong.

I use a programme called Webgrab+plus to get xmltv data from various websites and DVBlogic software to insert them into my WMC guide. The epg text appears on the XBMC guide. I know DVBlogic has its own XBMC pvr addon, but I don't like using it.

The log file produced after making Scarecrow's config file adjustment was 11mb, and as I am not a Pro user of Pastebin I have just uploaded the first 499Kb and last 466kb to pastebin. I hope that is enough:

http://pastebin.com/QZi1mbkw
http://pastebin.com/xndGVFGM

NB IgnoringEpgImages in my config file was set to false.
Yeah dude that is a whole lot of data, and maybe its just too early but my brain is refusing to read it. I'll let scarecrow do it since he asked for it Smile

I can see from the log that you aren't running on a remote machine so if the images are stored locally they should be working, but this is new for us so maybe these images are embedded in the wmc database in some weird way (seems doubtful though). I am curious about it, unfortunately right now we don't have an option to print out details about image data found. Let me throw a build together that does, if I can get to it today, I'll pm you with the info. Unless scarecrow uses his massive brain to analysis the data you posted first...
The program images don't show up for me either. I see enlarged images of my channel logos instead of a program image. Do you know what skins the program images are compatible with? No skins I've tried (Confluence, Xperience1080, Xperience1080++, Arctic, AeonMQ5) work with this feature.

All of my images work in WMC.
Wait, what I have been posting is wrong. Although images are passed to xbmc for the guide programs, I don't know of a skin that displays them - at least I know that confluence does not.

These same images are used for recordings and confluence does display these. I got off track because the OP is using a different database of images to fill the guide.

So really you should be checking your recording images against wmc to test whether they are being displayed. Or find a skin that does display guide images.
Looking through the verbose log data uploaded it does look like the EPG images are being picked up OK and sent over to XBMC... so yes I'd say it's more that the skins you are using don't incorporate functionality to show them. It also seems like only some shows have these images but Im assuming thats the case for you in WMC anyway and that only some entries get pictures?

Here is a random line from your log file, i've bolded the EPG entry image field
Quote:2014/02/22 13:34:35.822 GetEntries Reply 79/99: 131906890|Scandal ®|13|1393293300|1393296300|US drama set in a crisis management firm. The team reluctantly take an assignment when the irresponsible son of millionaire businesswoman is accused of rape. (repeat)|US drama set in a crisis management firm. The team reluctantly take an assignment when the irresponsible son of millionaire businesswoman is accused of rape. However, their attempt to settle a civil case with the victim is roundly rejected. Former White House intern Amanda Tanner tells Olivia that she has proof of her affair with the President and demands a face-to-face meeting with him. (repeat)|1352332800|Unknown|5|0|0|16|0|http://guidatv.sky.it/app/guidatv/images...39_big.jpg|Hell Hath No Fury|137566764|Stereo|Drama;Other|3
Interesting...

So I still use MCE Buddy to strip out commercials and rename my files so that they get added to my TV shows database. They are only in my recordings folder for a few hours so I'll never see this function.

So does anyone know of a skin that displays these images in the EPG?
(2014-02-17, 00:20)scarecrow420 Wrote: There should be support for what WMC calls the "GuideImage". If it finds one, ServerWMC will grab the "ImageUIrl" property of the GuideImage object, and will then send that back to XBMC as the "strIconPath" property on EPG entries.

It seems strIconPath is not stored in Kodi's EPG database so i compiled a version of the client plugin that stores the EPG image URL in strPlotOutline. Is this something you guys can fix in a future update? or do we have to wait for Kodi Dev to implement striconPath into the database. I also noticed original airdate is not stored in epgdb.

(2014-12-13, 03:02)r.og Wrote:
(2014-02-17, 00:20)scarecrow420 Wrote: There should be support for what WMC calls the "GuideImage". If it finds one, ServerWMC will grab the "ImageUIrl" property of the GuideImage object, and will then send that back to XBMC as the "strIconPath" property on EPG entries.

It seems strIconPath is not stored in Kodi's EPG database so i compiled a version of the client plugin that stores the EPG image URL in strPlotOutline. Is this something you guys can fix in a future update? or do we have to wait for Kodi Dev to implement striconPath into the database. I also noticed original airdate is not stored in epgdb.
So to confirm you are saying that XBMC doesn't seem to do anything with the StrIcon field that we populate? How does putting it in strPlotOutline help? Or did you also hack up the XBMC/skin side to display that as well? Are your changes on github?
(2014-12-13, 04:46)scarecrow420 Wrote: So to confirm you are saying that XBMC doesn't seem to do anything with the StrIcon field that we populate? How does putting it in strPlotOutline help? Or did you also hack up the XBMC/skin side to display that as well? Are your changes on github?

Correct on both accouts, nothing is done with the StrIcon field and since the skin i use does not use PlotOutline i'm using to hold the epg image. Here is my change on github
Ii am confused too. Is this s a bug that was introduced in helix?
Maybe its something i was doing wrong because i have never been able to get the guide image to display in any version of XBMC. Out of curiosity i would like to who has EPG images working without modifying the serverwmc client.
Where you have an image in the above pics I have the station call sign
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Programme pictures0