Microsoft MCE 1039 remote and Philips 40PFL5505D TV
I just got my old Microsoft MCE remote (1039 model) working on my HTPC and noticed that every so often my tv would lose connection with the computer.

I originally assumed it was a drive issue or something. Then I noticed it was when I was pressing certain buttons on the remote (pause would do it pretty reliably).

After some poking around in logs I found that the tv was actually being completely disconnected from the computer. It appears that the remote is sending some signal to the tv which is temporarily disconnecting it from the computer.

The only solution it seems is to block the IR receiver on the tv, but I need that to change tv inputs for now. Very annoying.

It seems I'll need a new remote! Hope this saves someone else some headaches.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1623242

It seems a few of us are also having the same problem. As far as I see, it's an issue with some MCE remote codes being the same as the Philips TV codes. I have an HP MCE remote that hasn't affected my Philips TV yet, so I may program my Harmony 200 with the IR codes from my HP remote.

EDIT: Of course, there's still the possibility that my Philips TV power toggle will turn off my NUC. I need to test that also.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft MCE 1039 remote and Philips 40PFL5505D TV0