Minix Neo or Gbox Midnight MX2
Yet another post from a newbie, you guys must be so sick of this, sorry

I am about to jump into the world of IPTV having installed and run XBMC on my HP laptop for a while now.
While this is perfectly ok for me the missus needs access now so I thought I would invest in an Android box to make things easy for her. Unfortunately after trawling through this and other forums I have concluded that for every possible piece of hardware out there. there are a cross section of users convinced that every box is either the best solution on the market or the worst purchase ever made.

So I thought I would give it one last go, I don't want the expense of building a multi media box of my own and can't justify spending £200+ on a cut down NUC or multi media PC or similar. So what I need is a reliable Box to run XBMC, 1080dpi would be good but not essential, 720 would be ok, I will use a networked storage device to keep downloaded films and TV shows on but will also stream and watch live online tv as well.

I like the looks of the Minix Neo G7 and The Gbox Midnight MX2, both have reviews saying that they are either fantastic or rubbish, seriously which should I buy?

Thanks
Why would asking the question again make any difference? People here will also give you two answers, with some liking the minix and some linking the gbox.
If your not all that worried about 1080i, just about any box with a supported SOC for hardware acceleration will do. it's when you want to run high bitrate, bluray quality video, where they seem to fall short. My ug802 with 2dark4u custom rom can do anything from online content. But has problems playing my large videos files over NAS. Funny thing is my Rasp Pi can but GUI is slow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo or Gbox Midnight MX21