• 6(current)
WIP Adding Audio DSP Plugin to AddonManager
@allwinus and @wisler

Thanks for both of your answers. I hope that someone will compile Kodi with this plugins as soon as they are stable enough Smile.
I'm a little late to the party here but I would like to make a suggestion. If you're constructing a DSP for Kodi, please consider modeling it after miniDSP open drc. (Yes, it has fiir filters for the adventurous. )
It is lightweight with a good UI and fully compatible with REW. This give you a measuring tool and a quick dirty way to create filters.
Quite frankly, it would be a wet dream coming through to have this implemented for Kodi. Hopefully it would run on my Pi and the world would be a happy place. Smile

Seriously, take a look at the miniDSP site, they have tons of good ideas. I'm currently running a open drc-di myself and love it. Getting rid of another box would only be a good thing.
Yeah it would be nice to have a DRC module in Kodi. That is my plan with adsp.xconvolver, but I have to write it from scratch. What will take quite a bit of time.

Quote:Seriously, take a look at the miniDSP site, they have tons of good ideas. I'm currently running a open drc-di myself and love it. Getting rid of another box would only be a good thing.
I know that page and if I'm honest I was inspired a bit of it. Blush
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Awesome, I'll be sure to keep tabs on this thread. It would be super cool to have a easy to use DSP addon in Kodi. Smile
And as long as I can run Linkwitz transform I'll be happy.
(2015-02-21, 12:43)markusA Wrote: Awesome, I'll be sure to keep tabs on this thread. It would be super cool to have a easy to use DSP addon in Kodi. Smile
And as long as I can run Linkwitz transform I'll be happy.

What is so special about Linkwitz transform? Here is a link.
I only found out that it comes from analog schematics.

It's a handy way to compensate the bass. You plug in the numbers and get a good result...
I started the work on an equalizer addon and opened a new thread for it.Wink

I downloaded from your drop box, but I cannot install the add-on, it says "Add-on does not have correct structure".
(2015-02-25, 21:14)newnews Wrote: I downloaded from your drop box, but I cannot install the add-on, it says "Add-on does not have correct structure".
You should manually copy the addons folder in the Kodi userfolder (on windows "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons").

(2015-02-26, 09:40)wisler Wrote: You should manually copy the addons folder in the Kodi userfolder (on windows "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons").

I thought that we can only use this Audio DSP plugin if we install your precomplied version of Kodi? So was I wrong?
Quote:I thought that we can only use this Audio DSP plugin if we install your precomplied version of Kodi? So was I wrong?

With my precompiled Version you can use adsp.basic, adsp.freesurround and adsp.template. This addons are included in the zip file from my dropbox account.
At the moment I develop an equalizer addon, but this addon can't be used with the current precompiled Kodi Version from my dropbox account. Because there was an API Version change from 0.1.6 to 0.1.7. If my equalizer addon is stable enough, I will recompile the Kodi Version with ADSP and upload it again.

(2015-02-26, 11:58)wisler Wrote: With my precompiled Version you can use adsp.basic, adsp.freesurround and adsp.template. This addons are included in the zip file from my dropbox account.
At the moment I develop an equalizer addon, but this addon can't be used with the current precompiled Kodi Version from my dropbox account. Because there was an API Version change from 0.1.6 to 0.1.7. If my equalizer addon is stable enough, I will recompile the Kodi Version with ADSP and upload it again.

Awsome Smile! Thank you very much!
(2015-02-26, 09:40)wisler Wrote:
(2015-02-25, 21:14)newnews Wrote: I downloaded from your drop box, but I cannot install the add-on, it says "Add-on does not have correct structure".
You should manually copy the addons folder in the Kodi userfolder (on windows "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons").

I did that and then I have AUDIO DSP in Enabled Add-On, but I could see the AUDIO DSP MANAGER in Setting-System-Audio Output. What I want to achieve is that I wish I can select Left or Right channel for audio output. Some of my Real Media files have two audio languages, one language on one channel. I want to have simple way that I am able to select only one channel at a time for audio output (still output to 2 speakers with same audio source though). I am not sure if this plug in can do that or not.
Very excited about this. Will be following this thread. Am I correct that this is currently only planned for windows setups?
you are utterly and completely wrong.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Audio DSP Plugin to AddonManager7