WIP Adding Audio DSP Plugin to AddonManager
Hi Wisler
Quote: Quite interesting article. If you find a similar article for Dynamic range compression (DRC), please share it here.
I subscribed to your thread, quite interesting. I'l post the links to other info on DRC when I find them. I guess I could post them here, but not sure if the powers to be allow a bunch of links off site and off the main subject of Kodi.

Hi Ed76
Quote: @geemac: if you use windows 7/8 as os you can use the very good build in drc function, that works very well. i use it for all direct sound devices (tv, movies) while all wasapi devices (music) didnt use drc.
My HTPC is Linux based system using Trusty 14.01 64bit. My laptop is Windows and Linux. I'm still on Gotham with Win 7.

I'm also a Amateur Radio operator and use my laptop for SDR (Software Defined Radio) That is probably where I would use the audio tailoring. Not only for Voice communications from my external microphone, but with receive frequency response for CW and Digital communications which can use various Band Pass filtering and notching of offending carriers that can come along side of a station that you are in communications with. There is stuff also for Linux for that line of communications. My laptop is mainly set up for communications in both MS Win 7 ultimate and Linux.
I have found that MS supposed copy protection scheme for audio co you can't record what you hear, which started in Windows 7 has been a disaster for Amateur Radio usage since we have to use all these virtual plugs and jacks to finagle things for even simple audio usage.

My main computer in the back room is mainly used for antenna and radio design work with all my test analyzers and fancy programs that also do schematic and circuit board layouts. This computer has Win XP, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Win 8.1, Linux 64 bit, and Mac-Mavericks. Win 7 and Linux is my main OS for design work.
I also do support for a company called Linden Labs and another group called Firestorm. Linden Labs is a company that owns a Virtual World Social Media program called Second Life. I do support for both LL's viewer and Firestorm. This explains why all the different OSs on my main computer.
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ × 2
Memory: 2GiB
Graphics: GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a/integrated/SSE2
HardDrive: 320 GB
DVB: AVerTVHD MCE A180
Keyboard/Mouse: Wireless
OS Type: 14.04 64-bit Trusty
Kodi: 14.x
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
TV: Vizio 42" LCD
Computer was formerly a Captiveworks 3000 HTPC

Messages In This Thread