Web Browser GUI front end for MySQL Database
Hi,

I've searched the forums and the question seems to have been asked, and I have found what seems to be old dead in the water projects pre Frodo that probably no longer work so didn't want to waste my time with them.

So wondered if people knew of anything that meets my needs that I may have missed.

I have my XBMC database on my QNAP NAS on MySQL.

Basically all I want is a web front end to view the database. WITHOUT having to fire up an XBMC device somewhere in the house.

I don't want to edit it (but if something out there that does that functionality too, bonus)

So basically, fire up a web browser, point it at I would assume some PHP on the webserver on my NAS which in turn displays a front end to view my XBMC library.

I already have phpmyadmin, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for, and isn't something my girlfriend will be able to make sense of.

I've noticed similar projects out there such as these two but they look dead and haven't been updated in at least 2 years.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nasforxbmc/
https://github.com/wishie/XBMC-MySQL-Web-Interface

It may seem an odd request but sometimes I just want to view what I have, without having to fire up an XBMC device. Or decide what to watch before turning XBMC on!

Also my girlfriend has an iPad (not jailbroken and don't want to jailbreak it) and it would be ideal for her to be able to view the DB in a nice GUI via a browser on the iPad in order to see a films details before using a separate app to then download the film from the NAS to watch on her iPad, as sometimes just looking at a file directory doesn't help in deciding what to watch unless it's something she's heard of already. With her off sick and stuck in bed this week, this would be amazingly useful!
I decided to go with MovieLib after reading past the system requirements. XBMC is only used to sync the database with MovieLib. So with MovieLib I can have an offline version of my DB now in a pleasent GUI.

Downside is means another SQL database containing more or less the exact same data as XBMCs own database but is hardly the end of the world.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Browser GUI front end for MySQL Database0