Solved Gotham problem updating albums using nfo files (Local information only) in music
I did not know where to post this. When choosing Local information only (which is new for Gotham I think) in the music library settings I run into problems when trying to update the info (thinking it will comes from the nfo files that it will find). It always ask for the artist or album names. It does not seems to find the info from the nfo file at all. AFter many tries, when you decide to press cancel, it returns and error. Look at the pcitures. Why's that?

Any idea why it does that? Does it happen to somebody else?
No idea how to help, but without full debug log uploaded to pastebin or xbmclogs really no way to figure out what is happening.

scott .
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
For artist is broken get data via nfo file,here debug log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=137852

clean install have 2 errors only
Code:
ERROR: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "GUI.Property.Value"
ERROR: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
I think this error in scraper is real cause for troubles, don´t locate function ResolveIDToUrl.
Code:
ERROR: CScraperParser::Parse: Could not find scraper function ResolveIDToUrl
Follow nfo Adele (artist.nfo) file, Selected in music settings, local information only (scraper default for artist)...don´t get info, only if use universal artist script, in this case work fine.

http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/gotham/artist.nfo

XBMC today gotham nightlies, windows 8.1 os.

When open table artists in database, only 3 fields have info

idArtist, srtArtist and strMusicBrainzArtists, others are empty.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Yep you get the same thing than me. If it's a bug where do we report this? Do we have to submit it somewhere?

It's really like nfo files are completely or partially ignored or not read correctly. If I delete my music source, clean the database and put my source again, all my files are going in the library but most of my nfo files (with correct information in them) are not there. Then, we cannot refresh info using local info only afterwards since the artirts or albums don't seem to be found anymore! Really strange behaviour.
Need one developer check trouble, it´s work before, something broken.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I've changed the thread status from Windows to BUG. I hope one developer will answer.
(2014-02-24, 15:02)Wanilton Wrote: I think this error in scraper is real cause for troubles, don´t locate function ResolveIDToUrl.
Code:
ERROR: CScraperParser::Parse: Could not find scraper function ResolveIDToUrl
Follow nfo Adele (artist.nfo) file, Selected in music settings, local information only (scraper default for artist)...don´t get info, only if use universal artist script, in this case work fine.

ResolveIDToUrl is the function in MusicInfoScanner that takes a MusicBrainz ID (artist or album) and forms a query to the MusicBrainz site api. I'm not sure what it is supposed to do on "local info only" scraper. I would think LIO scrape should look for artist and album nfo, but I don't think it does (gave up testing after the new setting added to not overwrite tag data with scrape data, so using UAS scraper gave me good results).

scott s.
I'm not the only one having this problem so it would be nice if a developer will look into this problem. If other people have the problem too, I wish you could add your voice to this thread.
It would be helpful if the wiki or some other document would show the entire flow for music scraping. I know some folks are trying to reverse engineer it from testing, but I think it really needs a cpp programmer to go through and analyze the code.

scott s.
Today I downloaded the latest nightly build to see if the bug was corrected but it's still there. This is really annoying. I'd like to test the version but I can't because I cannot even import my music correctly as it does not read all my nfo files at all. And still no news from a developer.
Got the same problem : impossible to scrap locally...weird !
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
I have opened a ticket here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14964 People should add their voice there too. This is a very annoying bug especially when you have all your nfo files for artists and albums...
I add that it does for both scanning and refreshing for the artists and for refreshing for the albums. It seems that when you scan the first time, it works for the albums but not for the artists. But, after, if you try to refresh an artist or an album, it just doesn't work at all.
There was no follow-up after my last answer on the ticket. I just hope this will be fixed soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham problem updating albums using nfo files (Local information only) in music1