Solved Gotham problem updating albums using nfo files (Local information only) in music
It still wasn't clear to me whether this happens ALL the time (i.e. on scan and on refresh) or only on refresh, or only on scan, or both.

Please make it obvious in the ticket. Also, please attach an .nfo file and a .mp3 file or similar that I can use to reproduce, if you haven't done so already.

Thanks Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi, I did clarify here in post #14 and in the ticket too for the scan and refresh. So once again:

The problem occurs for:
Artists: Scan and refresh
Albums: Refresh

I have included a link for an example of one artist with one album and one mp3 file with the directory structure.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6447...sample.zip

Here is a part of the log file for a refresh request on one artist:
PHP Code:
21:35:51 T:16528   DEBUGDialogProgress::StartModal called
:35:51 T:16528   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
21:35:52 T:16528   DEBUGMUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::UpdateDatabaseArtistInfo downloading info for: Adele
:35:52 T:16044  NOTICEThread MusicInfoScraper startauto deletefalse
:35:52 T:16044   DEBUGADDON::CScraper::FindArtistSearching for 'Adele' using Local information only scraper (file'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC 13\addons\metadata.local'content'artists'version'1.0.0')
21:35:52 T:16044   DEBUGThread MusicInfoScraper 16044 terminating
:35:52 T:16528   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKeyboard.xml) ------
21:35:52 T:16528   DEBUGCAnnouncementManager AnnouncementOnInputRequested from xbmc 

I go on the artist, I press "i" and I get a dialog box asking for the artist name! It does not read my artist.nfo file present in that directory at all. Even if I press enter, the dialog box keeps coming back so I have to press "Esc" then I get the error shown in the picture of the first thread post.
Bug is still present in Gotham Beta 1. Will also report it later on in the specific thread created for it.
Yep ! I tried and I can confirm it !
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
Resolved! Thanks it works now with the latest nightly build from March 9, 2014.
There is still something weird going on with local scraping: I noticed that artists that are listed twice in my folders are not getting scraped. "Andrew Lloyd Webber" is in both my "classical" and "musical" source and although he is listed in the library, there is no artist information.

If I select "artist info" I am asked to enter the artist name but pressing "Done" doesn't do anything. Escaping that dialog box gives me an "downloading artist info failed" message.
The same problem occurs for other artists that are in multiple sources, or in the same source but appear in two directories. "Elton John" is listed in two sources: Pop/Rock and Musical; ABBA is in only one source (Pop/Rock) but in folders "ABBA" en "ABBA2". In the case of ABBA there were artist.nfo files in both folders but they were identical.

I tested it with ABBA: updating library doesn't help. Removing one of the two ABBA folders (and then updating) doesn't help either. Removing both ABBA folders and then clearing the music library, then updating the library worked. However, isn't possible in the other cases.

I am using the march 15 nightly build. It occurs on 2 seperate PC's, one is using the confluence skin, the other is using Hybrid. I am using a MySQL database (InnoDB engine).

Any ideas what I can do other than hope it is solved in the release version of Gotham?
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
My artist.nfo files all seemed to come through OK (via the local scraper) in Beta 2 - though some albums were messed up. In beta 1 I was always getting a lag while it was scanning for artist info every time instead of using the stored data but in beta 2 it now goes instantly to the artist info screen.

TL;DR - try beta 2
I still need to press the Info button for every artist to get the information field filled in. That is on beta 2 and 3. The other problems I had don't occur if I use the Universal scanners AND have the option "download additional information during updates" switched OFF. With that option switched ON I get incorrect information, especially for classical artists. The local nfo scanner has other problems like I mentioned earlier, not knowing how to deal with artists that exists in more than one folder.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Quote:I still need to press the Info button for every artist to get the information field filled in

Is that just once or every time you start XBMC? because I went through my artists and albums hitting "i" on each one several times during the course of my testing. Only after Beta 2 did it finally stop scanning and just go straight to the info screen.
No, that's just once. With over 250 artists still some work but doable. My guess is that the database is only populated with the information from the artist.nfo when the information is accessed for the first time.
If there's a fix that stops the local scraper from messing up my data in a future beta I'll give this a go when I re-import the library and see if the situation has changed.

Thankfully I only have ~90 artists and it doesn't take too long :-)
I found out that I need to do the same with albums as wellSad
(2014-03-17, 13:12)davew_uk Wrote: My artist.nfo files all seemed to come through OK (via the local scraper) in Beta 2 - though some albums were messed up. In beta 1 I was always getting a lag while it was scanning for artist info every time instead of using the stored data but in beta 2 it now goes instantly to the artist info screen.

TL;DR - try beta 2

On post-B1 nightlies it seemed like it wasn't actually reading artist.nfo until you opened the artist info window, but on B2 it seems to read it during library update scan (need to do more testing).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2014-03-19, 00:11)scott967 Wrote: On post-B1 nightlies it seemed like it wasn't actually reading artist.nfo until you opened the artist info window, but on B2 it seems to read it during library update scan (need to do more testing).
B3 appears to do the same as you describes in B1: the information doesn't appear to be read or fed to the database until the artist info is opened. The same is true for the albums, although for albums I rely on the tags instead of nfo files.

By the way, this thread is tagged as [solved] but I don't think that is still the case, is it?
Well it used to be solved, this is why I had puit Solved but it seems that a new problem appeared again! Huh

On my side, using Gotham Beta 2, these are my results:

Artists:
On first scan: No problem
On refresh: Nothing happen, the info is not read at all from the NFO but there is no error message.

Albums:
On first scan: No problem
On refresh: On refresh: Nothing happen, the info is not read at all from the NFO but there is no error message.

Note: There are no error messages at all this time, it just does not read the info from the nfo file at all. It just does nothing when you press Refresh.

Edit: I wanted to report it again on the ticket I had opened here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14964 but I can't, the ticket is closed and there is no option to open it or add a comment! Confused

BTW guys: Where do you see a Beta 3 for Gotham? On this page here, in today's date, it only shows Beta 2.: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Development_builds

By B3, do you mean = latest nightly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham problem updating albums using nfo files (Local information only) in music1