Python Interface?
I recognize that this has been asked some time ago (and at that time the answer was no), but I was wondering if there has been any progress in exposing any portion of the pvr development through a python wrapper.

Specifically, I am looking for a way of converting the filename string that is returned by xbmc.player.getPlayingFile() into the actual path/filename in a script that I am writing.
Currently it returns something in the form of 'pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/3.pvr'

Thanks for any insight anyone might have into how to do this.
This would be awesome as I would like to integrate the Trakt.tv and the the Next Aired TV Show plugins into the EPG
I started to look further into this. In the github repository, there seems to be some capabilities that could be exposed in xbmc_pvr_dll.h and xbmc_pvr_types.h: specifically xbmc_pvr_dll.h has a function that returns data of the form PVR_STREAM_PROPERTIES that is defined in xbmc_pvr_types.h. It also has a function GetLiveStreamURL but it seems as though it may be optional if a specific client wants to provide this.

I then looked at using Ctypes to possible expose these, but there, my lack of cpp experience shows. As best as I can tell, each client can use or provide the data as defined in the main branch, but it is not mandatory. When I looked at the code for the client I use, pvr.wmc, again, as best as I can tell, it does not implement either of the above mentioned functions. So even if I figured out how to compile the necessary code into a shared library (following the directions for using CType as a wrapper), I don't think it would give me what I am looking for.

I'm hoping one of the devs can provide a little bit of guidance here. I am happy to read, research, try and fail at doing this (short of learning cpp in the context of XBMC and pvr development), but would hate to waste my time if this is simply not possible. My guess is that at some point that it is intended that these things would be standardized and exposed, but perhaps either pvr client development is too new and efforts are be concentrated on the necessary cpp to run them and/or it is still too fragmented with individual clients needing to expose these functions for each client. But I could be wrong - it's based upon my attempted read at looking at the github repo since there is a scarce amount of documentation at this point.

I am grateful for all of the efforts that the devs have put into this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Interface?0