• 3(current)
Release Eminence
(2014-02-22, 13:55)ipodtouchdude Wrote: I really like this skin, I would love it if you could add the 3D video file detection like the default skin, Quartz skin and the Ace skin. Because I have duplicate films in my library, one HD and the other 3D. I just want the option to let me know which is 3D and which is just HD.

Can you test the latest git commit? I don't have any 3D films so I can't test it but it should be working now. In list view under the poster it should now show 3D instead of HD or SD. If its working it will also show in the movie information screen under "Video" info to the right of the path.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-02-22, 14:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 13:55)ipodtouchdude Wrote: I really like this skin, I would love it if you could add the 3D video file detection like the default skin, Quartz skin and the Ace skin. Because I have duplicate films in my library, one HD and the other 3D. I just want the option to let me know which is 3D and which is just HD.

Can you test the latest git commit? I don't have any 3D films so I can't test it but it should be working now. In list view under the poster it should now show 3D instead of HD or SD. If its working it will also show in the movie information screen under "Video" info to the right of the path.

It's still showing HD on the 3D films.
(2014-02-22, 14:31)ipodtouchdude Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 14:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:

I just had a look at the confluence code and I think I know what I was doing wrong. Just uploaded the change, can you please test again? Smile
(2014-02-22, 14:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 14:31)ipodtouchdude Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 14:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can you test the latest git commit? I don't have any 3D films so I can't test it but it should be working now. In list view under the poster it should now show 3D instead of HD or SD. If its working it will also show in the movie information screen under "Video" info to the right of the path.

I just had a look at the confluence code and I think I know what I was doing wrong. Just uploaded the change, can you please test again? Smile

Yeah, it works fine now. Thank you.
great skin !

i'm a "longtime" fan of Arctic, and I definitely love how your clean order of elements is being taken over to this skin aswell ! kudos !

two things :

a) do you really not plan on bringing one more view for regular movies? Tongue cause right now, none of the views really has a description (and lovefilm, although not bad looking, is not as suitable for a library of 300+ movies, imho). but i can understand if you reply "no more views than these, shut up" Tongue

b) in LiveTV, when selecting the channel, the content will be displayed on the right upper corner (the preview pane) aswell as in the background, behind the actual back panel (transparency) … this seems to be a bit too much for the Raspberry Pi, it is flickering alot (i can make a video if needed).
is that intentional ? haven't tested on my main HTPC, cannot say if it would flicker there too …
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
Samsung UE55F6500 | Denon AVR-X2000 | Infinity Reference MKII 5.1 + Quadrapole
Kodi 17.1 Kryptonite | Arctic : Zephyr
@m404
No additional views per se. However, I do have some options planned. For instance to use the tvshow episode views for movies - eg have poster view show fanart and plot instead of the poster. Also an "info wall" option for wall to show info on the side.

Regarding b: I was just thinking before that I need to add options to disable showing now playing video and/or fanart in background. I will add that tomorrow Smile
This could be an awesome skin for touch screen devices, just tested it on iPad and with some navigation buttons etc. it would be perfect.
Working quite nice on Pi as well, quite light weight.
Just tested the skin on my dad's Pi. It's really nice and fast.
(2014-02-22, 17:52)FREAKJAM Wrote: Just tested the skin on my dad's Pi. It's really nice and fast.

yes, sorry, i forgot to mention that alongside my complaint of the liveview on the TV Channels view … this skin is impressively snappy and smooth on the Raspberry Pi ! love that !
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
Samsung UE55F6500 | Denon AVR-X2000 | Infinity Reference MKII 5.1 + Quadrapole
Kodi 17.1 Kryptonite | Arctic : Zephyr
Gorgeous !!! i love it thanks man ....
Love the skin! Very responsive. Logical layout...

I would suggest 2 things:

Option to choose a thinner and more modern font..
Colors of homescreen menu items have the same brightness when selected, maybe different more colorfull ones..

Keep up the good work...
Added options to disable fanart and background video
Option to have weather fanart as background
Option to set own background
Options to show info for poster and list view in tvshows/movies (in the nav menu next to sort)

(2014-02-22, 17:40)miappa Wrote: This could be an awesome skin for touch screen devices, just tested it on iPad and with some navigation buttons etc. it would be perfect.
Working quite nice on Pi as well, quite light weight.
Yeah I've been trying to keep mouse/touch support in mind when I've added things. Actually proper support is at the end of my list, but I'm trying to keep it so that it stays possible.

(2014-02-22, 19:47)m404 Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 17:52)FREAKJAM Wrote: Just tested the skin on my dad's Pi. It's really nice and fast.
yes, sorry, i forgot to mention that alongside my complaint of the liveview on the TV Channels view … this skin is impressively snappy and smooth on the Raspberry Pi ! love that !
Excellent! I've tried to keep the skin light on texture use - I think the whole thing comes in at under 12mb

(2014-02-22, 22:28)R-max Wrote: Gorgeous !!! i love it thanks man ....
Thanks Big Grin

(2014-02-23, 00:52)JoostXBMC Wrote: Love the skin! Very responsive. Logical layout...

Option to choose a thinner and more modern font..
Colors of homescreen menu items have the same brightness when selected, maybe different more colorfull ones..
Thanks

You could always replace the font files in the fonts directory with something else. Its really hard to find good quality open source fonts -- The options for seem to be Source Sans Pro (what I'm using) -- Roboto (what confluence uses) -- Open Sans (what xp1080 uses) and -- Dejavu Sans. Also its really difficult to have multiple font sets because of differences in sizing and linespacing etc.

The home menu shouldn't be the same brightness. I'll look at increasing the dimming of the unfocused items.
Just gave it a test run on my htpc. Like it pretty much so far. One thing that I really didn't like though is that the wall view is always using poster format and is cropping the images. While this is perfectly fine for movies, it is ugly for addons overview. You probably missed to adjust that one (video addons view triggered by main menu). Same for list view in this case. Addon icons should not be cropped if possible.

Also found some glitches here and there, but as its in an early stage you probably know about them and don't yet need feedback on those.
I love the layout and the overall design, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the colours selected for the main menu. Will there be an option to change this (or at least point me in the direction of the code so I can alter it locally)?

Another great skin jurial, thanks.
Awesome new skin jurial! Wondering if there are plans for a watched indicator on episodes in views other than list?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35