Problem with my new Gbox?
Hi, I just received my new GBox Midnight MX2 by Matricom. I hooked it up to my TV, turned it on, and set it up. I set it to always start up with the 3D Launcher. This is where the problems begin. The main reason I purchased this unit is for the XBMC. When I click on the XBMC option from the menu it just goes right back to the 3D Launcher. Then I noticed after some looking around that when I click on the XBMC option, it takes me back to whatever previous window I was at. For instance; if I was in settings then went back to the 3D Launcher and clicked on XBMC it would take me back into settings. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong here but I would think that clicking on XBMC should take you to the XBMC menu. Unfortunately the Matricom people don't work during the weekends so I would have to wait until Monday to sort this out. Hopefully I can have it figured out by then. Any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks
Sounds like XBMC is crashing then going to the previous app. Try uninstalling XBMC then reinstalling it. Or update the firmware since you just got it, It's most likely got one newer.

http://matricom.net/software-and-roms/mx2-software/
Installing the linux firmware makes for a much smoother experience IMHO.
Would a factory reset fix it?
I attempted to install XBMC today which seemed to work. So far Ive tried the 1channel and project free tv add-ons. With 1channel Im getting audio but no video. And with project free tv Im not getting audio or video.
Don't mention those types of apps they don't like or support them. Other then that, sounds like your missing some codecs. Did you use XBMC built for your box?
I must be lucky since I got my mx2 the only problems I've had are the one's I've made had to do the factory reset using the toothpick method then reinstalled xbmc so far not one problem (other than the one's I make) hopefully I am getting better at this
Im prolly gonna just do a factory reset n get matricons xbmc to reinstall.
I used the android (arm) version from xbmc works great
hey, i just came across this forum, and i too was having trouble with my gbox, mx2 midnight, and to be honest prolly the worst 150 i ever spent. i found that they dont support their boxes hell i cant even get them to respond to any of my emails with all the problems ive been having. so i was searching and searching, and ended up coming across a guy, who did away with the whole android OS, and wrote in its place a linux based XBMC. so my mx2 now boots directly to XBMC.

that is an awesome thing, how ever there are still some problems with the box in general. i am getting stuttering and skipping on a couple files. and you can tell that the box is struggling some times to keep up.

needless to say, i will be getting rid of the box here in the next month or so, after i flash the origional rom back to it. and end up building a HTPC or if i can find and order a zotac Zbox ID45 seems like a good replacement, and is 4k ready.

if you need any help let me know, i can try to help out as much as i can.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with my new Gbox?0