ASUS VivoPC for XBMC/Windows? OpenElec?
I was just wondering what everyone thought of the Asus VivoPC as a HTPC? I am thinking of swapping out the HDD for a small fast SSD anyways. So I was wondering how well this machine woukd stream 1080P video and overall UI "snappiness" in XBMC.

Also with the SSD, woukd this hardware be a good candidate for OpenElec?

Really just wanting a SUPER SOLID XBMC Machine. Having Windows and a browser would be nice too, as long as I didn't sacrifice stability of XBMC. Would run Windows 7 on the machine if at all possible.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Great form factor, so I'd love to hear if specs (for the Celeron 1007U version) would be enough. I'd imagine the i3 or i5 versions for sure.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-02-23, 22:08)bk123 Wrote: I was just wondering what everyone thought of the Asus VivoPC as a HTPC? I am thinking of swapping out the HDD for a small fast SSD anyways. So I was wondering how well this machine woukd stream 1080P video and overall UI "snappiness" in XBMC.

Also with the SSD, woukd this hardware be a good candidate for OpenElec?

Really just wanting a SUPER SOLID XBMC Machine. Having Windows and a browser would be nice too, as long as I didn't sacrifice stability of XBMC. Would run Windows 7 on the machine if at all possible.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

+1

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Forget the Windows. Chromebox. BOOM! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH
C1007U works great for Windows or Linux. See my build here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184848
Anyone know if it can be powered off/on with a MCE RC6 remote on OpenELEC?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASUS VivoPC for XBMC/Windows? OpenElec?0