Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-02-09, 16:25)legends71 Wrote: Hi all,

Got the nuc with 8GB crucial and 120 kingstone with windows 8.1 pro with media center pack.
Setting it up was a smooth ride.
The thing dat is bothering me is the freakin IR and power management.
It seems that the nuc doesn't like to sleep and the other thing that I real want to disable is my IR because every time I power on my Philips TV the nuc turns on.
I tried to disable the IR in the bios but still no luck, the nuc turns on when I or my son turns on the tv.
It's driving me crazy, any one got a similar issue or perhaps a solution?

I have a Philips 46PFL7505D and I can confirm that my NUC also turns on (or goes to sleep if it's already on) whenever I turn the TV on using the remote. I am using a Logitech Harmony 200 instead of the Philips remote, but I doubt that makes much difference to the issue.

As far as sleeping, did you make sure to install the chipset drivers so it recognizes the ACPI device? Open your device manager (press the windows key, then type devmgmt.msc and hit enter) and make sure there are no unrecognized devices. If you still have unrecognized devices, download and install the individual drivers (or the driver bundle if you prefer) from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR...+DN2820FYK

(2014-02-09, 19:08)pr0xZen Wrote: Qestion: Does this happen if you turn on the TV not using a remote? - If it still happens - I believe that would be the HDMI connection waking it up - not IR.

If this is the case: Try this;
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1357945

The NUC doesn't support HDMI CEC, so the TV wouldn't be able to wake the NUC up over HDMI anyway.

(2014-02-10, 05:14)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 04:22)SgtSlaughter Wrote:
(2014-02-07, 19:00)dCrypt Wrote: It happened with my Intel D510MO server when I swapped the monitor. Now I can't see the post screen, but the problem is that the monitor doesn't refresh the image quickly enough. It also happened to my ION HTPC build after swapping the AV with a HDMI capable one, which is not refreshing the image quickly enough too.

Did you try pressing F2 just after turning it on (or whatever the key is, to access the BIOS)?

Kind regards.

(2014-02-08, 23:53)unknown_owner Wrote: I suggest you correspond with the people in the Intel NUC support site rather than here to resolve your issues. MAybe you can help them as well to recreate issues that they could use create a new Bios to solve your problem.

Intel destroyed the audio out over HDMI on both my Hotel and home TVs. maybe they should test more than just monitors before releasing a major product or BIOS updates.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...034622.htm

I didn't pay good money to be their beta tester. All I have now is a worthless piece of garbage. does anyone know a good lawyer? we should start a class action lawsuit for false advertising!!!! the NUC cannot support XMBC or even linux without flawed BIOS patches. Let's hold Intel accountable for their actions. they falsely advertised FULL xbmc support.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on this. Even if this somehow happened, it's extremely doubtful that this would be more than a fluke and that Intel wouldn't replace the broken TVs, as well as the NUC itself. Not to mention that we have tons of people now with NUCs on the forums, and I've never heard of anyone having this much of an issue with a NUC. I'm extremely skeptical of this entire situation.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother replying to this guy anymore. He's been quite a negative nancy (lol) over his last several posts about the NUC and does more complaining than he does problem solving, even with people posting potential solutions and giving suggestions to fix his problems.

Messages In This Thread
Today I stuck at EFI screen - by YaPaY - 2014-10-31, 13:39
RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - by two515ty - 2014-02-10, 05:26
Intel NUC b - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 19:24
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:08
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 20:44
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:56
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by Le Freak - 2014-02-24, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5