Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-02-10, 05:14)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 04:22)SgtSlaughter Wrote:
(2014-02-07, 19:00)dCrypt Wrote: It happened with my Intel D510MO server when I swapped the monitor. Now I can't see the post screen, but the problem is that the monitor doesn't refresh the image quickly enough. It also happened to my ION HTPC build after swapping the AV with a HDMI capable one, which is not refreshing the image quickly enough too.

Did you try pressing F2 just after turning it on (or whatever the key is, to access the BIOS)?

Kind regards.

(2014-02-08, 23:53)unknown_owner Wrote: I suggest you correspond with the people in the Intel NUC support site rather than here to resolve your issues. MAybe you can help them as well to recreate issues that they could use create a new Bios to solve your problem.

Intel destroyed the audio out over HDMI on both my Hotel and home TVs. maybe they should test more than just monitors before releasing a major product or BIOS updates.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...034622.htm

I didn't pay good money to be their beta tester. All I have now is a worthless piece of garbage. does anyone know a good lawyer? we should start a class action lawsuit for false advertising!!!! the NUC cannot support XMBC or even linux without flawed BIOS patches. Let's hold Intel accountable for their actions. they falsely advertised FULL xbmc support.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on this. Even if this somehow happened, it's extremely doubtful that this would be more than a fluke and that Intel wouldn't replace the broken TVs, as well as the NUC itself. Not to mention that we have tons of people now with NUCs on the forums, and I've never heard of anyone having this much of an issue with a NUC. I'm extremely skeptical of this entire situation.

I will post YouTube posts tonight. I am disappointment that no-one believes that I am experiencing all these issues.

Ned Scott, I never said Intel would replace my TV. I said that the only fix that I can see is replacing or buying a new TV to get my NUC to work. Intel support chat has been good so far. They want be to restore the original factory BIOS but I can't get to the POST to follow the flash bios steps.

Ned Scott, I am guessing you are a Intel employee based on your location and how quickly you defended the Mothership.

I have been negative ever since my NUC did the following.

1. Lost a windows install after 9 days.
A. This could have been my fault. Thank you forum for pointing out this known windows issue. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1357945
B. I was not able to fix this issue with the tape over the weekend. I was powering my system down with power button shutdown. So that shouldn't corrupt a windows install.
2. I am experiencing picture misalignment with my TV's.
A. My hotel TV is a Panasonic TH-32LRT12U. Have to run on the lowest resolution to get my desktop to align.
B. My personal TV is a Panasonic TC-P42S1 (I fixed this on my home TV with an advanced picture setting in the TV menu)
3. Had visual bios not work on my hotel TV. No txt bios support.
A. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...034637.htm
4. Lost the ability to see the POST on my home PC after the BIOS update.
A. Intel Service Ticket was opened.
B. They want me to restore my BIOS to the previous code level.
5. Audio out on my HDMI stopped working after the BIOS upgrade also. Right now I DO NOT have access to my BIOS or HDMI sound working. the audio jack does work.
A. Just discovered this issue is after hooking up my NUC to 3 different TV's after the BIOS upgrade.

Messages In This Thread
Today I stuck at EFI screen - by YaPaY - 2014-10-31, 13:39
RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - by SgtSlaughter - 2014-02-10, 13:44
Intel NUC b - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 19:24
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:08
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 20:44
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:56
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by Le Freak - 2014-02-24, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5