Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-02-10, 16:02)pjtpjt Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 13:44)SgtSlaughter Wrote: I will post YouTube posts tonight. I am disappointment that no-one believes that I am experiencing all these issues.

Nobody said you were not experiencing these problems, and you have all the reasons to be disappointed.
However, before calling the whole Bay Trail NUC line POS, you should at least try to find out what was possibly a fault from your end, what is an issue that can be fixed in software, and that possibly you were unlucky and got a faulty model.

This is a new line of devices, and unlike desktop systems that had decades to iron out wrinkles, it's been out a couple of months. For now, this is for hobbyists who don't mind if they have to surf the net just to allow hdmi sound for more than one user in Linux Mint. But for that one user that can use hdmi out, playing Portal on the big TV was fun. Most important, XBMC works flawlessly.

I understand that some people jumped into buying it, because it's cheap, but assumed they'll get a low maintenance HTPC working out of the box. Well, as it seems this is not one, but so far with all of its shortcomings, it's still more usable than any single board ARM computer, and it's much much faster than the Pi.

pjtpjt, with my experiences with the HD graphics makes Bay Trail NUC DOA .The 2 Panasonic televisions I have tested have big issues with HD graphics chip and the visual BIOS. I have never seen resolution misalignment like this (I have used many devices Gen 1 Xbox, Apple TV2, OUYA, AMD 3200 Graphics or Raspberry PI (the PI does require calibration but at-least it has an option)) or to lose HDMI audio out in Windows 8 after a BIOS update.

I liked my NUC when it worked. (Even on the lowest resolution in windows 8.)

I will stop posting in Bay Trail. You are right I am being very negative.

Hopefully I can get Intel to agree to RMA my unit and my issues will be magically be fixed.

Thank You.

Messages In This Thread
Today I stuck at EFI screen - by YaPaY - 2014-10-31, 13:39
RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - by SgtSlaughter - 2014-02-10, 16:53
Intel NUC b - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 19:24
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:08
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 20:44
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:56
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by Le Freak - 2014-02-24, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5