Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-02-09, 05:14)unknown_owner Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 03:43)kyoo Wrote: So wait.. Am I just missing something crucial here? Does the IR receiver in this DN2820FYKH NUC only support some certified MCE remotes? Whatever MCE stands for.. Wink I was hoping that it would see just about any IR remote created in the last 20 years.. I was hoping to use the DVD mode of my Dish Network remote and program XBMC via OpenELEC to respond to whatever IR commands my DVD player remote was sending to it..

You would need an MCE compatible remotes which are Microsoft Media Center remotes. You can find all the information about compatible remotes here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_Reviews

I believe these MCE remotes use a protocol called RC6 and the IR receiver is works with remotes that support this protocol.

There are 2 sections to this wiki, those that are MCE and those that are non-MCE. I too tried all the remotes in my house. only my cell worked. Good luck

Okay.. just to close the book on this.. I wanted to inform folks that this was apparently false information.. The DN2820FYKH NUC can, in fact, read RC-5 or NEC or any slew of other type of IR codes.. it just didn't seem to do so by DEFAULT with OpenELEC installed.. Nod

By following a guide that I stumbled upon at http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...ilt-and-ir, I was able to get my Dish Network 40.0 remote (or darn near any IR remote) to work with XBMC on the NUC. I won't go into great detail, because the article does a great job of that or it links to other threads that link to other threads that do.. But essentially, I killed a process to prevent it from grabbing codes being sent in.. then I told my ir0 device to listen to more than just RC-6.. (in my case NEC format worked), and then I fired up my Dish Hopper remote configuration tool in the DVR and told the DVD mode to use code 0675 (I believe).. no idea what that is, but it had a good number of buttons sending single IR codes, so I went with it.. then I one by one entered in the IR codes that were learned into a text file and finished out the instructions in the thread above.. It worked.. The delay and repeat settings still need a bit of tweaking.. but this moral of the story is that this NUC's built in IR sensor can handle pretty much any IR codes you send at it.. even old IR remotes from when you were a young lad... In my case, I didn't want ANOTHER remote, so I just used the DVD mode of my Dish remote.. In addition to my iOS Devices running an App, of course..

Messages In This Thread
Today I stuck at EFI screen - by YaPaY - 2014-10-31, 13:39
RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - by kyoo - 2014-02-11, 18:56
Intel NUC b - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 19:24
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:08
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 20:44
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:56
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by Le Freak - 2014-02-24, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5