Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
(2014-02-21, 22:05)elusien Wrote: I'm using Windows 8.1 and at one point XBMC was running very badly. I found that I'd tried to open a video using the native Windows 8 Video Player and although I stopped the video player by grabbing the window and dragging it off the bottom of the screen, I found out later that the video player was still active in the background. When I terminated the video player using the Task Manager, XBMC worked a treat. This may or may not be your problem.

Ha! I can see that happening.. But no, that's not the case here.. Oddly enough, last night I only had only a few minutes to work on it, but I plugged in a new wireless Logitech keyboard/mouse combo pack w/ a tiny 2.4ghz usb dongle.. The machine was still running sluggish at the time.. but the keybd/mouse perked up and I told the system to reboot.. while doing so, I chose "install updates and restart".. well, it did some windows updates and rebooted.. I came back in after a while and found it was speedy! How random is that!? Oddly, just the night before I had done a "windows update" search and it said I was all up to date.. so I'm not sure what came in over the past 36 hours that could have fixed my issue... Also, I am not entirely sure I'm "fixed" either.. i've been burned once before... Like I said, I only had about 30 minutes to fiddle with it last night.. I worry that on my next reboot, my speed will be diminished again.. if not, I'll do some more shutdowns and reboots and see how I fare.. if things hold out, I'll go knock the NUC around physically and see if there is some loose SATA cable in there messing with me or something and keep testing.. Fingers crossed!

Oh, one more note.. my logitech wireless keyboard acts very oddly within XBMC Gotham Nightly in windows 8.1.. It works fairly well in some screens (like the main screen), but the more menus i plunge into, the worse the keyboard is.. only responding to some key strokes, periodically.. It's the weirdest thing.. I even replaced the batteries.. no difference.. But if I exit out and play around in a Notepad, it works flawlessly.. I haven't had anytime to research that, but has anyone seen that issue at all? Thankfully, the matching mouse in the set seems to work great.

Messages In This Thread
Today I stuck at EFI screen - by YaPaY - 2014-10-31, 13:39
RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Bay Trail/Silvermont 2013Q4 edition) - by kyoo - 2014-02-21, 22:46
Intel NUC b - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 19:24
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:08
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 20:44
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:56
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by Le Freak - 2014-02-24, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5