Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
Tongue 
Hi all,

First of all, thanks developers for great effort and all other community enthusiasts. This is my first post on Kodi forum and sorry if my English is not so good.
This place helped me a lot to get familiar with my new htpc, so i wanted to share my experience with DN2820FYKH and maybe help and save someone's time in searching for answers.
I got my nuc week ago, but i have got a big headache also Smile But before i start to complain, i want to say that i read here that many people had superb experience with this little guy.
First of all i couldn't enter the bios (F2) with my Panasonic FHD Tv, nor the initial 015 nor the latest 051 bios. Ok, googled a little bit and i resolved this with spare pc monitor. But is really annoying... if i wish to change something in bios i have to carry around nuc and switch monitors (at least is portable Smile )
The second obstacle was OpenElec (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-5.0.8-efi.img) installation, which is paradox as OE installation should be the easiest part of htpc configuration.
I couldn't to boot installation from usb. Any usb port. Tried all possible combinations, different usb sticks, different OE versions, betas, all three sticks with OE installation mounted, but no luck. Bios settings are ok, boot devices configuration, legacy etc.
In opposite i was able to boot Ubuntu and OpenSuse without problem on Nuc using the same usb sticks. Also the usb with OE installation that wont boot in Nuc, boots in my notebook normally. So considering Nuc's bios 051 and OE install wont get along for some reason and i cannot find currently information which version of bios is good for me, i ended up removing Nucs hdd, then putting in my laptop and install OE in a second. Then putting back hdd in Nuc and now rocking with OE and no bios access Smile
I assumed that latest bios version mainly is the best bios version, but here at least for me is not the case. I would appreciate if someone can recommend "good" bios for Nuc/OE combination.

Messages In This Thread
Today I stuck at EFI screen - by YaPaY - 2014-10-31, 13:39
RE: Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron 4th Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH - by ivanishere - 2015-10-12, 15:34
Intel NUC b - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 19:24
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:08
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by pratt733 - 2014-02-24, 20:44
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by thethirdnut - 2014-02-24, 20:56
RE: Intel NUC DN2820fykh - by Le Freak - 2014-02-24, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5